Tournament Result From Last Night On Pp

For those of you who don't know, I was able to place second in a $33 buy-in tournament on Party Poker Last night for a nice cash of $2200. The final table thread can be read here.I was actually about to pass on playing because I opened up the tournament lobby and there were only about 30 some odd seconds left so I decided to just play cash games for the night since I also had to wake up early today. But I figured, might as well have it running on the side and see what happens.I played fairly tight in the beginning stages of the tournament and after the first break I was slight below average stack. I was able to win a couple coin flip situations and from that point on I built a very nice stack and became the agressor at my table. As we were approaching the bubble (top 50 paid) I had the chip lead, almost 4x the average. I literally stole 4-5 pots in a row with 1 left til the bubble burst.With 20 left, I was back to around average after my A10 failed to hold up against 55. I limped into the final table 9th out of 10 chips. A few players busted and the chip leader had about half the chips in play. I was ok with it since I was able to move several hundred dollars in real money. The big hand occurred when I found AA in MP and was reraised all in by the button. I called and he had KK. They held up and I was vaulted to second in chips.With 3 left the Chip Leader had about 700K, player 2 450K and I had about 250K. Player 2 min raises in the SB and I find K4 and call in the BB. Flop Comes out 563 rainbow. He bets 2/3 the pot and I reraise All in to push him off his high cards. He calls instantly and shows K7 suited. Turn is an A....river 7! Player 2 eventually busts out after he is crippled from my suckout. I am able to get heads up with the big stack and fight my way to the chip lead. He makes some great moves on me and eventually he busts me when I push with A9 and he calls with JJ. Game over.Ironically I placed 5th in this tournament a few weeks ago when my A8 ran into the villains JJ. Oh well...it was fun.

For those of you who don't know, I was able to place second in a $33 buy-in tournament on Party Poker Last night for a nice cash of $2200. The final table thread can be read here.I was actually about to pass on playing because I opened up the tournament lobby and there were only about 30 some odd seconds left so I decided to just play cash games for the night since I also had to wake up early today. But I figured, might as well have it running on the side and see what happens.I played fairly tight in the beginning stages of the tournament and after the first break I was slight below average stack. I was able to win a couple coin flip situations and from that point on I built a very nice stack and became the agressor at my table. As we were approaching the bubble (top 50 paid) I had the chip lead, almost 4x the average. I literally stole 4-5 pots in a row with 1 left til the bubble burst.With 20 left, I was back to around average after my A10 failed to hold up against 55. I limped into the final table 9th out of 10 chips. A few players busted and the chip leader had about half the chips in play. I was ok with it since I was able to move several hundred dollars in real money. The big hand occurred when I found AA in MP and was reraised all in by the button. I called and he had KK. They held up and I was vaulted to second in chips.With 3 left the Chip Leader had about 700K, player 2 450K and I had about 250K. Player 2 min raises in the SB and I find K4 and call in the BB. Flop Comes out 563 rainbow. He bets 2/3 the pot and I reraise All in to push him off his high cards. He calls instantly and shows K7 suited. Turn is an A....river 7! Player 2 eventually busts out after he is crippled from my suckout. I am able to get heads up with the big stack and fight my way to the chip lead. He makes some great moves on me and eventually he busts me when I push with A9 and he calls with JJ. Game over.Ironically I placed 5th in this tournament a few weeks ago when my A8 ran into the villains JJ. Oh well...it was fun.
congrats on the cash and everything...but is it necessary to make another thread about it? why not just add this to your other thread?
congrats on the cash and everything...but is it necessary to make another thread about it? why not just add this to your other thread?
Because he wants his moment in the sun... Are you gonna begrudge him that?
congrats on another cash and i don't want to be the party pooper here but his 5's were a favorite against your ace-10, so technically you didn't fail to hold up, you failed to suckout...
congrats on another cash and i don't want to be the party pooper here but his 5's were a favorite against your ace-10, so technically you didn't fail to hold up, you failed to suckout...
oops sorry about that you are correct...yeah i wrote it wrong in there I guess.