Things In The World That Awe You

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boobs
damn. that was my answer. i guess i am pretty in awe of some drugs. i think it is totally crazy/awesome that someone figured out how to take coca plants and make it into a sniffable powder that is fun for the whole family

The way some people get really lucky at poker, donk their way into money and, somehow, keep that horseshoe lodged up their pooper long enough to believe they're good.

The modern system of wires. Think about it, right now you could follow a wire coming out of my computer through miles and miles of wires and it would eventually lead to every one of your computers. Between power, telephone, cable wires there is an unfathomable amount of wires that somehow link every house and pretty much every room in the country together. I guess that's impressive.

big bridges.man's advancement/civilization (particularly in the past 150 yrs)the fact that the america's (N and S) are only about 500 yrs old (settling-wise)the new tool albumthat asian broad already posted

Everything has a logical explanation, I'm never surprised or "awed".
What about quantum mechanics? That for sure awes me and it has no logical explanation.
The absolute vastness of space. The fact that we might be the only single rock out of literally hundreds of billions of rocks where life is prevalent and civilized....not to mention far, far more advanced elsewhere.
FYP
FYP
:club: Really a separate point, yes?Good answers from everyone. I think extreme feats of human endurance awe me, like sub-4 minute miles, etc.

Child birth. Most of you are probably too young to think about this yet. But I have 3 kids so to me . . . it's cool B) . From conception to the actual birth . . . just really cool to think about.

The universe... outer space... the world outside of our ego-driven planet is the most remarkable 'thing' in the world to me. I can stare at the stars and the moon all night.

that psychological trick you can play on yourself with simple repetition.if you say a word too many times, it "sounds weird"if you look at it or spell it for too long it "looks weird"I've had sex with 80% of the women in your family.SURPRISE!
That's called Hyperpanny and it's a funny word to look at a million times over too. You can also do it with yourself if you stare at yourself in a mirror for an extended period of time.
Child birth. Most of you are probably too young to think about this yet. But I have 3 kids so to me . . . it's cool B) . From conception to the actual birth . . . just really cool to think about.
I'm most just concerned with the conception part of it....
Peter North's...you know...
Yeah, holy crap. "We can ice the cake with it!"Things by which the Shimmering Wang is awestruck:1) David Hasselhoff, especially his UNREAL popularity in Germany2) The power of the human mind to subconciously and unconciously make connections and recognize patterns. I'm not a very instinctual person, but I still KNOW things I have no business knowing, only because some part of my brain instantly drew some perfect conclusion from information I didn't even know I had.3) Eidetic memories.4) The myriad ways humans have invented/discovered to just get completely fucked up. "Hmm... I've deduced that if I eat these poisonous mushrooms, my body will start going crazy trying to fight off the perceived 'infection' and I'll trip balls. Holy crap, that Back to the Future poster is, like, totally on fire!"5) Humor. The more I think about the idea of "funny," and the many things that people find amusing, the more just... amazing it is to me. The combination of shared experience, odd juxtaposition, absurdity, and situational buffoonery that can generate such a visceral and often COMMON reaction among people and peoples is... it's awesome to me.5a) Somehow, there's a small population of people that think the stupid things I say are amusing. "How can you enjoy this? It's just incredibly stupid. Nobody is supposed to think this is funny... stop it. STOP LAUGHING!!"I have more, too. Wang
Yeah, holy crap. "We can ice the cake with it!"Things by which the Shimmering Wang is awestruck:1) David Hasselhoff, especially his UNREAL popularity in Germany2) The power of the human mind to subconciously and unconciously make connections and recognize patterns. I'm not a very instinctual person, but I still KNOW things I have no business knowing, only because some part of my brain instantly drew some perfect conclusion from information I didn't even know I had.3) Eidetic memories.4) The myriad ways humans have invented/discovered to just get completely fucked up. "Hmm... I've deduced that if I eat these poisonous mushrooms, my body will start going crazy trying to fight off the perceived 'infection' and I'll trip balls. Holy crap, that Back to the Future poster is, like, totally on fire!"5) Humor. The more I think about the idea of "funny," and the many things that people find amusing, the more just... amazing it is to me. The combination of shared experience, odd juxtaposition, absurdity, and situational buffoonery that can generate such a visceral and often COMMON reaction among people and peoples is... it's awesome to me.5a) Somehow, there's a small population of people that think the stupid things I say are amusing. "How can you enjoy this? It's just incredibly stupid. Nobody is supposed to think this is funny... stop it. STOP LAUGHING!!"I have more, too. Wang
I am awestruck by Wang.... I...er......ah.....you know what I mean
Oh, also, how Ashlee Simpson has a career amazes me as well.
Her and her sister's boobs amaze me more. Great rack in that family.On a serious note, things that amaze me.....1) Skyscrapers- When you go downtown to a big city(Chicago in my case), pretty amazing that people could build such big buildings like the Sears Tower.2) Telescopes- Specifically the Hubble, pretty amazing that a giant telescope can see something as far away as Pluto but enhance it to make it look so close and real.3) Satellites- Really crazy to think about how satellites run everything like television, radio and phones.4) Space in general really amazes me since it is so big and nothing in this world is nothing more than a spec to the whole universe.