More Home Game Problems

So im at work when I suddenly get a phone call from one of the kids I play poker with, saying that he is out of class early and can play some poker. Thats the last I hear from him. I told him I was at work of course, so i couldnt play till at least 9pm. That was at about 6pm, at about 6:30 I call my brother to see whats going on. Apparently he invited a bunch of people over into my room, without my permission, to play with my brand new poker chips. (the ones ive been talking about, the nevada jacks. They are awesome btw.) Also they were using my table. All of this, behind my back, without my permission. So I got pissed off and told them all to leave. I invested over $400 to make an awesome poker setup, and ill be damned if a bunch of people think they can come over my house and use my room whenever they want. Ya know? So Anyway Im like... wtf is this, and I tell them all to go home, and they just stay at my house in my room and keep playing. My parents didnt want to send my brother to jail. Since he wasnt listening to them, they just allowed it to happen. becuase he wouldnt listen to them when they told him to stop. So later that night, I told everyone that they were acting like selfish, greedy little ******* and told them that i wanted an appology if they wanted to use my table, room, and chips ever again.What would you do? Am I being a selfish jerk, for being protective of my $400 investment that people are using behind my back when im at work? And regardless, how should I get back at them? I was thinking of baking some food and putting some laxative powder in it for them...

So im at work when I suddenly get a phone call from one of the kids I play poker with, saying that he is out of class early and can play some poker. Thats the last I hear from him. I told him I was at work of course, so i couldnt play till at least 9pm. That was at about 6pm, at about 6:30 I call my brother to see whats going on. Apparently he invited a bunch of people over into my room, without my permission, to play with my brand new poker chips. (the ones ive been talking about, the nevada jacks. They are awesome btw.) Also they were using my table. All of this, behind my back, without my permission. So I got pissed off and told them all to leave. I invested over $400 to make an awesome poker setup, and ill be damned if a bunch of people think they can come over my house and use my room whenever they want. Ya know? So Anyway Im like... wtf is this, and I tell them all to go home, and they just stay at my house in my room and keep playing. My parents didnt want to send my brother to jail. Since he wasnt listening to them, they just allowed it to happen. becuase he wouldnt listen to them when they told him to stop. So later that night, I told everyone that they were acting like selfish, greedy little ******* and told them that i wanted an appology if they wanted to use my table, room, and chips ever again.What would you do? Am I being a selfish jerk, for being protective of my $400 investment that people are using behind my back when im at work? And regardless, how should I get back at them? I was thinking of baking some food and putting some laxative powder in it for them...
Did they even ask you if they could play with 'em? If they had asked, I'd be more on their side, but I'd just relax if I were you.I understand the need for keeping your things nice, but if they've treated your stuff with respect in the past, there's no reason not to let them use your stuff.

I can understand that it pissed you off but trying to kick out your friends is not cool. Forget about it and take their money.

I could totally understand why you would get upset. Although I would be worried that if you freak you might not have anybody to use your poker set up with :club:

Ive been in the exact same situation. Its basically the principle of the matter - they should have asked.It probably wasnt a good idea to get angry and ask them to leave. Speak to your brother after and tell him "i dont mind you playing, but just let me know next time".

And regardless, how should I get back at them? I was thinking of baking some food and putting some laxative powder in it for them...
u should take a huge dump on the middle of the table while theyre playingthen lets see if they come back
not out of line, not selfish, I would have done the same thingpeople need to have respect for other people's property

From the info you provided, Tantalar, it doesn't look like your friends did anything wrong in the beginning, if your brother invited them over. That said, if you got home and asked me to leave your room, I would. Guess that doesn't say too much for your friends.Your brother appears to be a total a@@. If he is smaller than you, you need to beat the crap out of him. If he is bigger than you, you need to get a lock on your door. Then you need to have a poker game every night that you can and not include him. No offense, but it sounds like half of your brother's crappy attitude probably stems from the fact that your parents are total wimps. They didn't want to get him arrested ? That is the biggest copout I have heard in a long time. A parent walks in, tells your brother to go to his room or physically removes him from THEIR house. Thery then tip over the poker table sending the chips and cash flying and tells your friends to get out. Simple as that. They didn't do that when their authority was challenged ? That means they are either total wimps who constantly give in to your brother or they just plain love him more.

They told me that they werent using my chips, and they told me that they werent using my table. not just any table. I made one of those poker tables like you see online, the make your own poker table. With nice felt and all.Im 19, My brother is 17. The kids I play with are 17-19. This was my first semester attending community college, so i still living at home. it gives me the opportunity to play lots of poker at home so it is usually a good thing. But I just recently upgraded my table, and ordered a 300 set of Nevada jacks ($200)We have had a problem lately about deciding what games to play in our cash game. I want to play high low, along with 2 people. But the other 2 people refuse to play high low games, and will only play PLO/NLH (which i think is retarded because I play all forms of poker) so I told them "When I get the chips, we can celebrate at my house and play the games you guys want, but then after that, we will only use my chips to play Dealers Choice cash games" They were like 'yeah yeah ok sounds good" but then the VERY NEXT DAY, my brother (Who is obsessed with poker, and very bad at it) couldnt stand missing a day of poker, so he Invited 5 people into MY room to play a poker game with MY chips and MY table. I was at work, so I called them to tell them that they werent allowed in my room. They completely ignored me and played anyway. By the time I got home they were gone.Now the two people who only play PLO/NLH are angry at me for flipping out and they say they dont want to play poker with me again. Awesome huh

Melow out and go with the flow.
Sounds like some serious sibling rivalry. "Those are MY toys and you can't play with 'em!!"I suggest you just hide your chips and stuff so your brother doesn't get them.
They told me that they werent using my chips, and they told me that they werent using my table. not just any table. I made one of those poker tables like you see online, the make your own poker table. With nice felt and all.Im 19, My brother is 17. The kids I play with are 17-19. This was my first semester attending community college, so i still living at home. it gives me the opportunity to play lots of poker at home so it is usually a good thing. But I just recently upgraded my table, and ordered a 300 set of Nevada jacks ($200)We have had a problem lately about deciding what games to play in our cash game. I want to play high low, along with 2 people. But the other 2 people refuse to play high low games, and will only play PLO/NLH (which i think is retarded because I play all forms of poker) so I told them "When I get the chips, we can celebrate at my house and play the games you guys want, but then after that, we will only use my chips to play Dealers Choice cash games" They were like 'yeah yeah ok sounds good" but then the VERY NEXT DAY, my brother (Who is obsessed with poker, and very bad at it) couldnt stand missing a day of poker, so he Invited 5 people into MY room to play a poker game with MY chips and MY table. I was at work, so I called them to tell them that they werent allowed in my room. They completely ignored me and played anyway. By the time I got home they were gone.Now the two people who only play PLO/NLH are angry at me for flipping out and they say they dont want to play poker with me again. Awesome huh
They'll get bored playing with your brother's plastic chips soon enough. He's not working, there is only so much money they can take off him. Play online for awhile. Find more friends who like to play to show off your set up to (not a criticism, I'd be proud if I had a nice set up too). They might never want to learn other games, you can't make them change their minds. Seriously though, get a lock.

here is what you do if you want to get back at him.1. go and buy a big pink dildo with the balls and all.2. get a really good bottle of super glue or rubber cement.C. eat a sandwhich...turkey...with bacon...and mustard...4. wait until he has something really important to do the next day, graduation, a speech, going on vacation whatever.5. wait until he falls asleep 6. super glue the dildo to his chest...right between the nipples7. drink a beer8. take a picture9. drink another beerIf you dont want to do this than you could just pee on him while he sleeps... it is also funny.OHHH i just thought of another thing you could do!!!Shave off some of your own pubes and then super glue them to the back of his neck so he cant see them and write PUBES with an arrow pointing to them. That should get some laughs.other than that just beat his *** and make sure you use lots of swear words to let him know you are serious.problem solved

My parents didnt want to send my brother to jail.
did anyone else read this....wtf? jail for what?just relax...they are TEENAGERS...thats what they do...and its your brother not a stranger...

If you are playing them for money...If you are better than them...Don't tick them off....Let them play. Seems to me if you let them feel welcome and relaxed, you've got a better shot at them wanting to play poker with you all the time.If you really are better than them and making money off of them, it seems like getting them mad is as bad a play as correcting and yelling at some donkey at your online table he hits his 1 in 80 shot and wins your money.Assume you're a better person than that and just win their money a bunch. Never insult the golden cow. It's never worth it. Life is too short.

Dude, relax, you're going to have a stress heart attack and die before you reach 30. I understand you're mad because you have to work and everyone is enjoying the setup that YOU paid for, but honestly, it'll be ok. Wooo saaaaaa, Wooo saaaaaa....

just relax if its that big of deal you can buy a case that locks them up. as far as g etting them to play other games go slowly, NL and PLO is a huge thing right now they all must love to bluff and when you play strucured game that is harder to do. The funny thing at least in my games, when we play strucured the pots are always bigger then when we play NL, sure you get the occaional all in pot but the pots are way bigger on average in the strucured game.

just relax if its that big of deal you can buy a case that locks them up. as far as g etting them to play other games go slowly, NL and PLO is a huge thing right now they all must love to bluff and when you play strucured game that is harder to do. The funny thing at least in my games, when we play strucured the pots are always bigger then when we play NL, sure you get the occaional all in pot but the pots are way bigger on average in the strucured game.
what is "strucured"?

I dunno...I understand where the OP is coming from.It's one thing to have somebody use something of yours without asking.It's another to request for people to stop and then ignore your instructions and keep playing.Today it's poker chips, tomorrow it's your girlfriend. :club:

It all seems a little bit overly anal to me.You sound like a crybaby and I wouldn't wanna play with you either. You can set boundaries on your things, but you can do it without being all whiney.