Someone Explain This To Me

From DNs blog on the protege final table"When we got down to six players, Jimmy Herrera, the Red Hot Poker Tour qualifier and fan favorite took a walk with me... he didn't return."I dont get, someone care to explain, why he didnt return?

From DNs blog on the protege final table"When we got down to six players, Jimmy Herrera, the Red Hot Poker Tour qualifier and fan favorite took a walk with me... he didn't return."I dont get, someone care to explain, why he didnt return?
2 people dissapered from the final table with no explanation...1st, it was the old guy, he was crippled to 13k, and he took a walk with DN and never returned, same thing with Jimmy...no one know what the reason is, its a secret for now, but everything will be explained when the protege final table airs...you're in the dark, just like the rest of us.

yeah I was wondering the same thing. Same with the old guy. I kept expecting DN to explain it in the blog but he never did.

if i were to bet on it, i would say one breakdown, and one DQ for cheating, but only because i am forced to guess and will unnecessarily tarnish someone's reputation to try and force an early explanation. :club:

if i were to bet on it, i would say one breakdown, and one DQ for cheating, but only because i am forced to guess and will unnecessarily tarnish someone's reputation to try and force an early explanation. :club:
It certainly seems like cheating, and if they don't provide another explanation, that's what people will conclude.
Charder, could you please step outside. Daniel would like you to take a walk with him.Thanks.

I do remember during he web cast that they had to change the deck because an Ace was marked. I wonder if they tossed him out because of that?

as much as i would like to agree with you guys, thus forcing an explanation, i think its going to be part of the show. i remember dnaiel saying soemthing to the effect of a "reality tv show" feel to it. perhaps they got "voted off the island" as it were.

as much as i would like to agree with you guys, thus forcing an explanation, i think its going to be part of the show. i remember dnaiel saying soemthing to the effect of a "reality tv show" feel to it. perhaps they got "voted off the island" as it were.
Hmmm, when can I "vote" people off tables?

I do have to say that I am VERY surprised at the long time forum members for their lack of interest in knowing the reasoning behind someone being eleminated from a promotional tournament with SOOOO much on the line without actually losing. You would think that FCP would be concerned of their reputation and would want this cleared publicly. Doesn't it make you a little nervous about the other promotions? What if someone qualifies for the WSOP promotion but then they all of a sudden "went on a walk". I really expected more reaction from the members here. I also expected a better explanation from DN. Even if the specifics are not discussed you could very easily reafirm that the integrity of the game was still strong and that all details will be announced later. Even that is better than what we were handed.Just a thought.

I do have to say that I am VERY surprised at the long time forum members for their lack of interest in knowing the reasoning behind someone being eleminated from a promotional tournament with SOOOO much on the line without actually losing. You would think that FCP would be concerned of their reputation and would want this cleared publicly. Doesn't it make you a little nervous about the other promotions? What if someone qualifies for the WSOP promotion but then they all of a sudden "went on a walk". I really expected more reaction from the members here. I also expected a better explanation from DN. Even if the specifics are not discussed you could very easily reafirm that the integrity of the game was still strong and that all details will be announced later. Even that is better than what we were handed.Just a thought.
:club:
This has Publicity Stunt written all over it.
You are probably right. But seriously. Why does no one care about this?I guess I am just WAY to curious. Some guy has a stupid missing avatar post and gets 3 pages of response. Something happens on a major promotional tournament infront of 1000 witnesses and no one seems to care.hmmmmmmmlet me guess. Jerry was hit by a bus. The other dude was broccoli and the protege tournament was rigged. I guess that is my answer :club:
Maybe if we start 10 more threads about this we'll find out.
LOL!With respect to the other comments, let's not start any rumors about cheating. As far as I'm concerned there is only one thing that could have happened that would be in accordance with the spirit of the tournament. Since both were severly short stacked when they, "took a walk" I must conclude that they were both offered something in exchange for their remaining chips. I would guess they both received a kind of Protege Runner Up consolation package. Perhaps consisting of a single one-on-one instructional session with Daniel and a buy in to one major tournament.If I'm right, sorry for spoling the mystery. But this is really the only thing that would make any sense to me.
I am a "veteran" of this forum, if you will, and I could care less about this entire Protege thing here........so I don't feel it necessary to get an "explanation" about what happened......so until we hear PROOF or something concrete about DN doing something a little "dirty" or whatever...we're not just gonna go all nuts about it. Let's wait until the truth is revealed.
I am a "veteran" of this forum, if you will, and I could care less about this entire Protege thing here........so I don't feel it necessary to get an "explanation" about what happened......so until we hear PROOF or something concrete about DN doing something a little "dirty" or whatever...we're not just gonna go all nuts about it. Let's wait until the truth is revealed.
It's just a curious thing ... a person has chips left in a "prestigious" (for lack of a better word) event, and he walks away. And then another one does it? It's just curious is all. And let me just comment for the record that I feel very strongly that Daniel seems not to be the type to be "dirty."

Let's not forget that since this is a TV show it is entirely possible (and perhaps even likely) that the twists that came out of the blue for us (a la Jerry and Jimmy departing) may have been planned well in advance. Perhaps they decided beforehand that the first and second player to get severly short stacked (x many big blinds remaining or less) would be offered a special deal, a second chance of sorts.I guess we'll have to wait until June to know for sure.

Whatever happened, I'm sure there had to be a very good reason for it. But just like any reality TV show, you sign your life away so the network airing the show still has some sort of surprise in the end for people to tune in for. Like not revealing the actual winner of Survivor until the entire show airs...there was a good reason and I'm sure it will all be made clear when the show airs in June...LIKE DANIEL said he would. Daniel isn't going to "cheat" anyone out of an oppotunity like this. It probably had nothing to do with he didn't want player A to be his protege because he's too old, or player B because he was a luckbox donk. Just relax people...I'm sure Daniel will reveal what happened as soon as he's contractually able to.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Daniel made these two gentlemen an offer to quit. "I'll give you $5,000 for your stack of chips right now. But you must leave now and your chips will be removed from the table. You forfeit all chance of being my protégé, but you have $5,000 in cash." Then the camera watches as they agonize over whether they can make a come back or just take the guaranteed money and run.