Poker, A Sport Says U.s. Government

poker is by no means a sport the most exercise you get is throwing your cards to the muck, dont get me wrong i love poker but it is a SKILL GAME not a sport
there is a winner and a loser and strategy and skill-how else would you describe a sport? doesn't need to make you sweat

Whenever posed with this question I like to point to Pool and Darts. These are two things that most people would classify as sports, yet they require the similar level of physical acticity as poker does.

• 4 weeks later...
Whenever posed with this question I like to point to Pool and Darts. These are two things that most people would classify as sports, yet they require the similar level of physical acticity as poker does.
The winner of pool and darts is determined by the accuracy of the players' physical actions. (Whether you throw or aim accurately). There is no phyiscal aspect to poker that affects the outcome of the game. Witness the person in the WSOP who had no arms and played with his feet. Was he at a disadvantage in competing in the sport of poker? Should regular players play in the poker olympics and he in the poker paralympics? Poker is the same a chess, a game of mental strategy and skill only.
  • 3 weeks later...