Poker, A Sport Says U.s. Government

Daniel is an alien? Now we know why he has uncanny poker ability. He arrived on Earth in a small vessel destined for Toronto, as the sole reamining survivor from the planet Pokatron. He now fights for justice by battling villainous poker players, such as Annie Duke and Sean Sheikan, and taking their earth dollars. One day he may have to save our universe, so be prepared Daniel, be prepared.

I think the definition of a sport has 2 key components. First it has to have competition at the core, which poker does. Second it has to be athletic, which poker is not. So no matter what the government says poker is not a sport, IMO.

I think the definition of a sport has 2 key components. First it has to have competition at the core, which poker does. Second it has to be athletic, which poker is not. So no matter what the government says poker is not a sport, IMO.
The P-1 is also issued to artists, so the government could be saying that poker players are artists.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, well the US governement also considers a tomato to be a fruit but a bottle of ketchup to be a vegetable. So I wouldn't put too much stock in their opinion.

Yeah, well the US governement also considers a tomato to be a fruit but a bottle of ketchup to be a vegetable. So I wouldn't put too much stock in their opinion.
watch your mouth you stupid canadian.ok, our govt is pretty stupid most times.
watch your mouth you stupid canadian.ok, our govt is pretty stupid most times.
Why don't you come and shut it for me?I bet you aren't even Mexican.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just Because you Use Your Body Doe's Not Mean you Are Engaging in A SportWeighlifting is Not A Sport ... Excersising is Not A Sport ... Aerobic's is Not A SportPoker is A Sport Get it DumbAss
Competition weightlifting is a sport :PAnywho, does anyone think that this article could be a base for reversing a ban on online poker? Obviously a sport is something that takes more skill than luck, even though luck is ever present (like in all sports) and therefore establishes poker as a skill game involving money rather than 'gambling'. Just a thought.

It sure would be nice if it was a "case" to have it turned around. It was an terrible ploy by an unscrupulous politician to have it attached to the law that did need to be passed.... If the President has any ballz..... he will line item veto it !!

poker is by no means a sport the most exercise you get is throwing your cards to the muck, dont get me wrong i love poker but it is a SKILL GAME not a sport