its got nothing to do with disliking tool. you seem to find no joy in any music, unless you find it amusing because of unintentional comedy. its the reasons that you've provided that make it seem like you aren't happy, and your asinine rationalizations for not liking things. i think there was more to say, but roar you hate my favorite band you're an idiot you suck i rule maynard rules you suck or something. roar.
Absolutely wrong, I find lots of joy in music, just not tool. I think listening to tool provokes feelings inside of me that could best be described as anti-joy. THat's why I hate them so much.I find joy in Motown, I find joy in funk, I find joy in biggie and john coltrane.
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty sure tool hates you too.   i have never seen a band, or more specifically, a lead with more contempt for the audience.   he's an asshole, anybody with a haircut like that gotta be an asshol

I really hate to agree with you, but I often do. Maybe 4/5 times. Anyway, Tool are damn awful and I'm glad that somebody else didn't buy into the hype.

Still hate tool

I'm pretty much the opposite, I'm not a fan of the Beatles but I love Tool and Metallica. To whoever said Metallica "were never Metal gods", how so?
The term "Metal God" implies an attitude. It implies a way of being in life. It implies a certain type of take no shit, this is who we are, if you don't like it I'll shove my boot down your throat kind of mentality. It's completely anti-establishment and for at least some part indignant to the world.If you've seen "Some Kind of Monster" you immediately realize that is not who Metallica are. It is not who they are now, it is not who they ever were. If they ever were that, it was an act.Metal Gods do not need therapy. Metal Gods do not cry because Lars kicked them out of the band, Dave. Metal Gods do not work through our "issues", Lars and James. The music has suffered. We now know why. You can't build a career on falsity. Eventually, who you really are shows through. They do not possess the mindset of metal gods. Never did.
I despise Dave Mustaine and Megadeth with every fiber in my body.
when I first read this, I thought you said "dave mathews and Megadeath" and while I wasn't sure what the connection is, I quickly hit reply to agree. I hate Dave Mathews soooo much, so medorice and boring. Megadeaths song that's like "hello me, it's me again" cracks me up. Other than that, they are garbagola.
I despise Dave Mustaine and Megadeth with every fiber in my body.
I actually used to like Dave and Megadeth until I saw that film. I mean, seriously, you gotta be pretty fucked up to get kicked out of Metallica for being too fucked up. That kinda says metal god, right? But then to act like he acted in front of a camera. Geeeeeeez Dave, need a tampon?
I actually used to like Dave and Megadeth until I saw that film. I mean, seriously, you gotta be pretty fucked up to get kicked out of Metallica for being too fucked up. That kinda says metal god, right? But then to act like he acted in front of a camera. Geeeeeeez Dave, need a tampon?
LMAO so, like, some kinda monster was like this big disillusionment thing for you, then? These metal gods that you looked up to for years or what ever came staggering down to earth, in their all too human form. Thank god I hated metalica before SKoM, or it would have broken my heart. IN all fairness, the person you are at 20 isn't the person you are a 40. Life can do alot of strange things to people. Success ruinined Metalica, that's obvious, and metalica's success ruined Mustane. It's easy to pick on hm after seeing that movie, but I mean, if I was in the biggest rock band of the 80's and 90's and got kicked out right before they hit it huge, and became quatrillionares, I'd proably be pretty bitter too.What I did learn from the movie is that Lars truly is the dou che that I always suspected he was.
LMAO so, like, some kinda monster was like this big disillusionment thing for you, then? These metal gods that you looked up to for years or what ever came staggering down to earth, in their all too human form. Thank god I hated metalica before SKoM, or it would have broken my heart. IN all fairness, the person you are at 20 isn't the person you are a 40. Life can do alot of strange things to people. Success ruinined Metalica, that's obvious, and metalica's success ruined Mustane. It's easy to pick on hm after seeing that movie, but I mean, if I was in the biggest rock band of the 80's and 90's and got kicked out right before they hit it huge, and became quatrillionares, I'd proably be pretty bitter too.What I did learn from the movie is that Lars truly is the dou che that I always suspected he was.
I agree but what I'm saying is that if you are metal gods at 20 you don't just suddenly become not metal gods and if you do you better damn well understand what that does to your image.If they've mellowed or whatever, fine, but keep it out of the public eye. Metallica had an image to live up to. Lars was already killing it with the Napster thing and Monster only cemented it's death.
I agree but what I'm saying is that if you are metal gods at 20 you don't just suddenly become not metal gods and if you do you better damn well understand what that does to your image.If they've mellowed or whatever, fine, but keep it out of the public eye. Metallica had an image to live up to. Lars was already killing it with the Napster thing and Monster only cemented it's death.
Yeah, it's true, SKoM completely destroys the metal god image. Bot for someone whos a fan of post modernism, could there be anything better than the biggest metal band of all time making a documentary about their shrink sessions? The answer is, only the prostate orgasim.
Yeah, it's true, SKoM completely destroys the metal god image. Bot for someone whos a fan of post modernism, could there be anything better than the biggest metal band of all time making a documentary about their shrink sessions? The answer is, only the prostate orgasim.
Having no prostate, I will bow to your superior experience on the subject.
I've hated him long before. I hate his voice, I hate his guitar tone, and I hate that his band spells death without the "a".I can respect his playing, to a degree. He was prett decent at the shredding, even though modern metal guitarists can tear him apart with 3 fingers taped together.
The term "Metal God" implies an attitude. It implies a way of being in life. It implies a certain type of take no shit, this is who we are, if you don't like it I'll shove my boot down your throat kind of mentality. It's completely anti-establishment and for at least some part indignant to the world.If you've seen "Some Kind of Monster" you immediately realize that is not who Metallica are. It is not who they are now, it is not who they ever were. If they ever were that, it was an act.Metal Gods do not need therapy. Metal Gods do not cry because Lars kicked them out of the band, Dave. Metal Gods do not work through our "issues", Lars and James. The music has suffered. We now know why. You can't build a career on falsity. Eventually, who you really are shows through. They do not possess the mindset of metal gods. Never did.
Yea, alright, but you can't deny that when they were at the top ie Kill Em' All, that they were Metal Gods. They sure aint now but money does change people.

tool = awesome. the second or third best band in the world.radiohead = awesome. the fourth best band in the world.AINEC

I like Tool as a band, but hey, its not for everyone.But the day I start putting any credence into the OP's opinions, thats the day I disengage my airbag, unbuckle my seatbelt, see how fast my car can go, and see how fast a brick wall can stop me.

I like Tool as a band, but hey, its not for everyone.But the day I start putting any credence into the OP's opinions, thats the day I disengage my airbag, unbuckle my seatbelt, see how fast my car can go, and see how fast a brick wall can stop me.
shotgun!But i still hate tool!
yes yes, ron, you hate me.. blah blah yawn snore.