***edit***Note: I don't think there's anything wrong at all with pop music. I love motown, belle and sebastion, and that justin timberlake solo album. I think the fact that rock has lost touch with it's pop roots, that it now sucks. ( and by pop, I mean musically pop, not pop defined as the record studio having too much influnece over the production of the rock.) Nirvana was a pop band, and not to shabby of pop band either.
Hells yeah!!
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty sure tool hates you too.   i have never seen a band, or more specifically, a lead with more contempt for the audience.   he's an asshole, anybody with a haircut like that gotta be an asshol

I really hate to agree with you, but I often do. Maybe 4/5 times. Anyway, Tool are damn awful and I'm glad that somebody else didn't buy into the hype.

Still hate tool

For you to say there is no creativity in rock is comical. Standard 4/4 timing with a computer to create the track is extremely creative. Meanwhile, bands that play their own instruments in 9/8, 8/8, 7/8, and sing their lyrics in Fibbonacci's sequence all in one song are not. Gotcha.

again, I dont' care about poly whosists, and minor whatsits.
So you don't care about creativity? I'm confused by your contradicting statements.
I don't know if it's really of the moment, anymore, but My Humps still rules.
You just lost all musical credibility with that one statement. [/thread]
For you to say there is no creativity in rock is comical. Standard 4/4 timing with a computer to create the track is extremely creative. Meanwhile, bands that play their own instruments in 9/8, 8/8, 7/8, and sing their lyrics in Fibbonacci's sequence all in one song are not. Gotcha.So you don't care about creativity? I'm confused by your contradicting statements.You just lost all musical credibility with that one statement. [/thread]
I don't know if there is or isn't musical creativity.. all I know is that it is for me unlistenable. I'm not looking for " musical cred". I don't care about time signatures, or masterbatory sequencial antics. All I know is if you locked me in a room, with a knife, and played tool on endless loop, or My humps on endless loop, I'd kill myself far faster in the Tool room.
I don't know if there is or isn't musical creativity.. all I know is that it is for me unlistenable. I'm not looking for " musical cred". I don't care about time signatures, or masterbatory sequencial antics. All I know is if you locked me in a room, with a knife, and played tool on endless loop, or My humps on endless loop, I'd kill myself far faster in the Tool room.
Well, that's just like, your opinion, man. :club:
and sing their lyrics in Fibbonacci's sequence
What do you mean/how does that work? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously asking.Fibonacci has only one B.
What do you mean/how does that work? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously asking.Fibonacci has only one B.
Thanks.Maynard's syllables in the verses of the song Lateralus are spoken this way. His is a modified version though where it sort of spirals back downward and back upward again. Black [1]Then [1]White are [2]All I see [3]In my infancy [5]Red and yellow then came to be [8]Reaching out to me [5]Lets me see [3]There is [2]So [1]Much [1]More and [2]Beckons me [3]To look through to these [5]Infinite possibilities [8]As below so above and beyond I imagine [13]Drawn outside the lines of reason [8]Push the envelope [5]Watch it bend [3] The song also mentions spirals throughout, which is what the fibonacci numbers form when graphed. Pretty cool.
Thanks.Maynard's syllables in the verses of the song Lateralus are spoken this way. His is a modified version though where it sort of spirals back downward and back upward again.
you sir, have just caused a new wrinkle in my brain...never knew that.. touche

also the main riff, in 9 then 8 then 7....987 is the 16th term in the fibonacci sequence. pretty cool how they employed all those weird secrets but still made it a damn good song despite the overly mathy elements.

Thanks.Maynard's syllables in the verses of the song Lateralus are spoken this way. His is a modified version though where it sort of spirals back downward and back upward again. Black [1]Then [1]White are [2]All I see [3]In my infancy [5]Red and yellow then came to be [8]Reaching out to me [5]Lets me see [3]There is [2]So [1]Much [1]More and [2]Beckons me [3]To look through to these [5]Infinite possibilities [8]As below so above and beyond I imagine [13]Drawn outside the lines of reason [8]Push the envelope [5]Watch it bend [3] The song also mentions spirals throughout, which is what the fibonacci numbers form when graphed. Pretty cool.
Wow.. now I think tool is even more lame and masterbatory than ever.
Maynard's syllables in the verses of the song Lateralus are spoken this way. His is a modified version though where it sort of spirals back downward and back upward again.
That's kinda cool.
  • 4 months later...
Feeling a lil masochistic today, so here's a bump. Heard Sober today, still hate it.
I forgot about this thread... Since you bumped it, I might as well join you in being shunned by the world when I say I think radiohead is overrated.
I forgot about this thread... Since you bumped it, I might as well join you in being shunned by the world when I say I think radiohead is overrated.
Oh, are we playing that game? I think Nirvana is overrated and terrible.
I can buy that.. I kinda like radiohead, but I can see where others don't.