A Video Game Thread

tonight i just beat Zelda: Majora's Mask for N64, and it is definitely the best game i've ever played. granted, i dont have a ps2 or xbox or anything, but MM is definitely better than ocarina of time.
I think you're in the minority with that view. That said, I enjoyed both games, and I'm ashamed that I never completed either. My brother beating OOT before me kind of killed my motivation. Another part of the problem was that I go on video game binges. I'll play a single-player game a tremendous amount for a few days but have a hard time picking it back up down the road...whether I finish it or not.
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

majoras mask is the crappest game created for 64.epona was scared of link as of a child even when you play epons song she was still scaredthe skull kid had crappy motive for stealing the maskyou lose all items at end of roundless dramatic story linecant become adult.according to every gaming site in the world including gamespot and IGN OOT is perfectOOT poops on this game.

you, sir, are an idiot.majoras mask is terrific. in OOT you cant complete an elaborate sidequest to marry a couple, you cant get 20 masks, you cant be a goron, you cant be a zora, you cant get 52 pieces of heart, and the temples are just as challenging, and the things leading up to the temples are much harder. MM is a much more comprehensive game than ocarina. there is much more you can do, more sidequests and more challenge. i agree that the storyline is worse and that there is some shaky thematic material that often isnt really explained (like the kids on the moon that ask about "happiness" and "good friends" and crap), but i mean in terms of gameplay MM is just much better.and you actually can become an adult. its called the fierce deity mask. and stop being so damn nitpicky about epona being scared of link. who cares? link has grown up a little bit. hes more badass.one more piece of evidence pointing out MM's superiority is that it requires an expansion pack and OOT doesnt. that is a testament to, well, it being more expansive.

All Zelda games have sucked except for the origional.
How can you disklike Zelda: A Link to the Past?
i played both quite a bit and i have to say starcraft was the better of the two.me and my brothers would play (and still do) across the network.i was always protoss but im shifting more to terran now
You play starcraft too? What's your name on bnet?

Just recently bought FF7 on ebay for a $100 cdn.(original version, not greatest hits) On top of that I had to get a PS one, which ran me $40. So I have been playing it quite a bit.Other games I have played recently:Prince of Persia: Two ThronesGodfatherOn a side note, I am waiting for PS3 and Nintendo Wii(??), to come out and then I will weigh my options on which system to buy. I heard that the Nintendo will be half the price as the others. Is that true??Garnes

How can you disklike Zelda: A Link to the Past?
It wasn't exactly innovative, same rehashed story with updated graphics. Thats been the problem with the majority of Zelda games, they lack the charm of the origional because it's the same thing over and over again. There are other franchises out there that are doing 3D adventure/RPG better than Zelda.The new one on the Wii at least looks interesting.

Only game I currently play is Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition for the PC. Besides poker, it's my other pasttime and I'm a part of an online clan and we have matches, practices, etc... Anyone else ever play?

you, sir, are an idiot.majoras mask is terrific. in OOT you cant complete an elaborate sidequest to marry a couple, you cant get 20 masks, you cant be a goron, you cant be a zora, you cant get 52 pieces of heart, and the temples are just as challenging, and the things leading up to the temples are much harder. MM is a much more comprehensive game than ocarina. there is much more you can do, more sidequests and more challenge. i agree that the storyline is worse and that there is some shaky thematic material that often isnt really explained (like the kids on the moon that ask about "happiness" and "good friends" and crap), but i mean in terms of gameplay MM is just much better.and you actually can become an adult. its called the fierce deity mask. and stop being so damn nitpicky about epona being scared of link. who cares? link has grown up a little bit. hes more badass.one more piece of evidence pointing out MM's superiority is that it requires an expansion pack and OOT doesnt. that is a testament to, well, it being more expansive.
oh wow! get married and become a zora, who cares? zora guitar player? go figur.e its not nearly as challenging as OOT the temples in OOT are way harder.with the deity mask you are an adult for barley any time.gameplay better? please! OOT has the best game play out of the 2, probly one of the best in the world.the original games were probly best y ou are right. but there is just something about playing in a 3D world, alot larger and more interactive than the originals.i dont play online starcraft anymore sorry. not since i was about 10, but if you want i will go on sometime and do BATTLE
the original games were probly best y ou are right. but there is just something about playing in a 3D world, alot larger and more interactive than the originals.
The origional Zelda was probably the largest when you scale it out to size. It had more dungeons, and more interactive parts of the world map than any one that followed in the series.When the origional Zelda came out I remember all my friends having a copy and we would be calling each other up saying things like "holy crap, I just found this secret place over here and this and that happened". Every one since then has paled in comparison to that excitement.

I dragged out my NES and Dreamcast last night for a little retro action.I ended up playing more Super Techmo Bowl than anything else. Even after 20+ years that still ranks as one of the greatest football games ever created! Played a little Zelda on NES but just couldn't get into it just like all the others up to Wind Wanker.

The origional Zelda was probably the largest when you scale it out to size. It had more dungeons, and more interactive parts of the world map than any one that followed in the series.When the origional Zelda came out I remember all my friends having a copy and we would be calling each other up saying things like "holy crap, I just found this secret place over here and this and that happened". Every one since then has paled in comparison to that excitement.
true, in scale it was bigger, and there were alot of interesting things to be found

I think the new Zelda on the Wii will be pretty intense with the controler = sword feature.I just read up on the new system and it looks pretty sweet. I am getting a little tried of the graphics battle going on right now. This system looks to bring gameplay back to the forfront instead of just pushing pixels.

I think the new Zelda on the Wii will be pretty intense with the controler = sword feature.
Seen the clip where they use the controller like a bow and arrow?
Seen the clip where they use the controller like a bow and arrow?
Not yet but will check it out now. Interactive games...too fun and a possible solution to the child obesity problem.Edit:I saw the video. The tennis and golf games look sick. The sword fighting clips...wow!
Not yet but will check it out now. Interactive games...too fun and a possible solution to the child obesity problem.Edit:I saw the video. The tennis and golf games look sick. The sword fighting clips...wow!
I fully expect drunken Wii Tennis to rule frat houses nationwide.