A Video Game Thread

Old school games:- Dungeon Keeper ( 1 & 2)- C&C (enjoy Generals and Tiberium Wars a lot)Latest game I'm playing is Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles. just mindless shooting really, but very entertaining.
Love C&C Generals. /geekon used to have computer parties and network computers to play C&C and mechwarrior against each other until the wee hours of the morning/geekoff
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old school games:- Dungeon Keeper ( 1 & 2)- C&C (enjoy Generals and Tiberium Wars a lot)Latest game I'm playing is Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles. just mindless shooting really, but very entertaining.
I've played the DK games (good for their time) and used to be a huge fan of the C&C series, though I haven't tried any of the ones released in the last few years.

I did get back into Diablo2 for a good bit. Blizzard should release 3. that was a good series, they must have made a killing on this game with banning cd keys for using hacks

that's it. i'm making a ridiculous, unjustified, but yet oddly principled stance against all guitar hero/rockband type games. i've never played one (except when they came out years ago on ps2 titled "frequency"), and now i'm declaring that i never will. so there.i finally got to luigi on mario galaxy, but now i have to go back to zelda on wii and beat ganon for like the 13th time in my life. that ****** needs to learn how to die more permanently. i really need there to be a good baseball game for wii this year or i'm going to have to buy a ps3. :(beyond that, i found conquerclub.com and have been playing lots and lots of online risk.

that's it. i'm making a ridiculous, unjustified, but yet oddly principled stance against all guitar hero/rockband type games. i've never played one (except when they came out years ago on ps2 titled "frequency"), and now i'm declaring that i never will. so there.
Can I ask why?
Can I ask why?
hahaha, honestly, it's some combination of: -i've never played one and will never be as good as all you tards that got a start on it :club:-if i wanted to take the time to fake learn to play guitar, i'd probably dust off my epiphone and learn for real-kurt likes it, he's ugly, ergo: i hate it
hahaha, honestly, it's some combination of: -i've never played one and will never be as good as all you tards that got a start on it :club:-if i wanted to take the time to fake learn to play guitar, i'd probably dust off my epiphone and learn for real-kurt likes it, he's ugly, ergo: i hate it
Cool.I would just like to point out that I have been playing guitar now for 20 yrs and I have been playing drums for close to a year now and I can play bass and also trumpet. It's just a video game, but I am mildy retarded.
WTF!I stop by an old ass thread, and i'm catchin hate over here for nothin. Not that I expect any less, but usually I figure that you wait till I'm watching. You just got lucky on this one.But you're crazy, Rockband is the best game ever. Not playing it is a crime. And you're not so far behind to have fun with it. I had never played until I got it like 2 months ago. I still can't get through all the songs on medium, but it's still pretty satisfying. You don't need to do it on expert to enjoy it. In fact, I can't ever see myself being that good, but who knows.
WTF!I stop by an old ass thread, and i'm catchin hate over here for nothin. Not that I expect any less, but usually I figure that you wait till I'm watching. You just got lucky on this one.But you're crazy, Rockband is the best game ever. Not playing it is a crime. And you're not so far behind to have fun with it. I had never played until I got it like 2 months ago. I still can't get through all the songs on medium, but it's still pretty satisfying. You don't need to do it on expert to enjoy it. In fact, I can't ever see myself being that good, but who knows.
you can't get through life on medium, kurt.
Yeah, was referring to Brawl. It'll probably be the only game I can get my girlfriend to play (other than Wii Bowling.)BTW, if you're a FF nerd (like me,) check out the FF retrospective on gametrailers. It's pretty sick.
1) http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=928518 - it's a HUGE board though. There are currently 17050 threads and over 188k posts. This changes every couple seconds too.2) I am. Link?
i finally got to luigi on mario galaxy, but now i have to go back to zelda on wii and beat ganon for like the 13th time in my life. that ****** needs to learn how to die more permanently.
Then there wouldn't be a Zelda series.Off the top of my head, the only ones he hasn't been in are Adventure of Link, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Link's Awakening, 4 Swords Adventures, and, if you play them as standalone games, Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (if you continue from one into the other, you get to fight him, and the two Witches from Ocarina of Time (Koume, Kotake, and also their fused form.)
In other words, Jamie has no musical talent whatsoever. I do, but I suck at Guitar Hero (Holding the guitar is EXTREMELY awkward for me.)
you can't get through life on medium, kurt.
I lol'ed.
- C&C (enjoy Generals and Tiberium Wars a lot)
Ever play C&C: Red Alert/Red Alert 2? I played them quite a bit. Most of the others I didn't find as compelling, but I also beat Generals with Allies and China. Haven't checked out Tiberium Wars.
Wife and I are jamming or shall I say ROCKING our way through Rock Band World Tour.
How far are y'all?
-if i wanted to take the time to fake learn to play guitar, i'd probably dust off my epiphone and learn for real
Rock Band drums on Hard are apparently equivalent to real drums.

Rock BandThrough the first 39 songs on drums on Expert, 5-stars on the first 15. Easily the best party game ever made for a console. If anyone wants to play Xbox Live my gamertag is fndavid. Call of Duty 4Level 40, 2nd prestige. My favorite mulitplayer game.Rock, Paper, ScissorWinner of two local tournaments... in my apartment.... vs. my roommate.

Rock BandThrough the first 39 songs on drums on Expert, 5-stars on the first 15. Easily the best party game ever made for a console. If anyone wants to play Xbox Live my gamertag is fndavid. Call of Duty 4Level 40, 2nd prestige. My favorite mulitplayer game.Rock, Paper, ScissorWinner of two local tournaments... in my apartment.... vs. my roommate.
How the F do you do drums on expert. I can't even do those on easy. Granted I haven't tried much, but my limbs don't seem to work that way.
How the F do you do drums on expert. I can't even do those on easy. Granted I haven't tried much, but my limbs don't seem to work that way.
As a bass player, I've played in about 5 or 6 bands since I was 14 and have randomly jammed on my drummer's sets. It is all about developing independence between your limbs, speed comes later. In no way does this compare to playing a set WELL, but it does help with holding solid beats.
I play Ocarina of Time again it's still a great game.BTW, Hello everybody :club:.
QFTI've been challenging myself with 3 hearts/no deaths/minimal items (two bottles, though I guess you can get by with only one. I'll have to make sure I don't pick up Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love next time) challenge files - in two successful attempts, it got a little hairy with Volvagia, but that's about it (Outside of when I played these games when I was younger, it's the ONLY time I've EVER had to use a fairy.)and hello.

Was a big fan of the FF series back in the day, FF9 being my favouriteDecided to try and run through it again when i was incapacitated with the flu a few weeks ago, still a very good game.

Was a big fan of the FF series back in the day, FF9 being my favouriteDecided to try and run through it again when i was incapacitated with the flu a few weeks ago, still a very good game.
I hated FF9. It seemed like Squaresoft took a few major leaps back when they put that game out. FF7 was a masterpiece...FF8 was a masterpiece...FF9 was a huge letdown.
I hated FF9. It seemed like Squaresoft took a few major leaps back when they put that game out. FF7 was a masterpiece...FF8 was a masterpiece...FF9 was a huge letdown.
Yeah, i've heard 7 is the best, never played it though.9 was the first one I played and the last one squaresoft developed before becoming Square-Enix,Played 10 which was pretty good but not as good as 9, then X-2 which was horrible and finally 12 with the new battle style (no more screen shattering and fight theme music) which wasn't much better than X-2.
9: I did too. I tried playing it again in December, it was total suckage.7: Good game, but the FF7 fanboys are a definite turnoff.8: When first released, thought it sucked. Didn't think it lived up to FF7. Plot was too confusing. Subsequent playthroughs: Awesome game.
Yeah, i've heard 7 is the best, never played it though.9 was the first one I played and the last one squaresoft developed before becoming Square-Enix,Played 10 which was pretty good but not as good as 9, then X-2 which was horrible and finally 12 with the new battle style (no more screen shattering and fight theme music) which wasn't much better than X-2.
9 is good for one playthrough, IMO. For me, it lost its appeal after beating Hades and Ozma.10: I have to finish the Monster Arena. I've been on and off with completion for years now (mostly off.) I suppose I'll get around to it someday...Also, IV and VI > all other FF games IMO.
No, 6 is (3 in japan). Just most current FF fanboys didn't jump on the bandwagon until they played one of the FF games on PS.
VI = 3 SNES.The real FFIII was originally released for the Famicom/NES (though we never got it); it was remade for the DS in 2006.FFIII NESFFIII DS - same game, but a complete graphic overhaul, change of requirements for one job class (the Onion Knight, which was the default in the original. You need Wi-Fi or, if you can't use the Wi-Fi, an Action Replay), some other sidequests, new mini-dungeon (it's not even a dungeon. It's a small cave where you fight Green, Red, and Yellow Dragons, and if you go to the back, you get a tough secret boss, the Iron Giant.)Lastly, FFVI:FFVI Advance - Adds a new Dungeon, new weapons/armor, 10 new bosses (enhanced versions of the 8 Dragons, the Kaiser Dragon, and Omega), and there's also a Boss Rush mode (though the bosses come in at the end, you fight a lot of regular mobs.) There's some monsters exclusive to it there - Glutturns, but they're just Magic Pots that ask for different items. If you don't give them what they ask for, they WILL kill you.