A Video Game Thread

Seeing as Daniel's a pretty big video game fan, I'm a bit surprised that there's not a forum for video games. I tried searching for a decent thread, but nothing came up.I've always been a pretty big Nintendo fan, so I'm looking forward to the Revolution, though I'm not sure I'm sold on the name 'Wii' yet.I've also been a big fan of rhythm games (DDR, Donkey Konga, etc), so when I noticed Guitar Hero (PS2) at Best Buy a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a try. I got hooked pretty quickly. When I went on a bit of a poker downswing, I wanted something to distract myself, so I went out and bought a PS2 and two guitar controllers just to play the game. I have to say that playing "More Than A Feeling" is really fun. I've turned quite a few friends into regular players as the game's pretty easy to pick up, but it's going to take a lot of practice to beat on the hardest difficulties.Since then, I've picked up some older PS2 games like MDK2 (I'd played the original on PC many many years ago) and Katamari Damacy (just as fun and addicting as everyone said).So yeah...any of y'all played these?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online poker is the best video game ever invented.
Yes, yes...that's the problem that my brother and I have talked about before. For a long time, we got into the mindset of "If I'm playing a video game, why play a game where there's no opportunity to make money?"

I just bought this game of Capcoms Greatest Games. It has like 25+ games on it and it a flashback to some of the greats. I'm hooked.

I'm playing PC: World of Warcraft, and beta testing a game I am not allowed to discuss without breaking a NDA and getting violated by it's publisher.PS2: Dragon Warrior 8 and God of WarXbox: I am goofing around with some various sports games, my xbox is modded so I have about 80 games loaded onto a HD that I play at random.Gamecube: Whatever my kid is playing, mostly Mario Golf right now and once in a while RE4.

Burnout: Revenge for PS2. Working on 100% completion while I'm on a bad run in poker.Can't wait for the PS3 or Nintendo Revolution. The problem with the PS3 is that it's going to be ridiculously expensive, so the nintendo looks like a better bet. I'm still pretty stoked about that Nintendo controller, thoughts?

I recently started playing Diablo 2 again, after a 4 year hiatus.Tiger Woods 06 for Gamecube has been my other game of choice lately.

I'm playing pretty much all sports games right now. NBA 2k6, MLB 2006: The Show, Madden 06. I'm just kinda waiting until the PS3 comes out to move to next gen.

nintendo sucks balls. i used to like them but since shiguiro miyamoto left ( i think he did) its gone downhill. i mean common dude a remote control for a controler???again not spam. its my brothers website so its not SPAMhttp://ps3central.org/also xbox360 sucks balls too. i played it for about 3 hours at a friends house and have decided that it is going to suck compared to the PS3.as for games im playing now...... GTA San Andreas is still huge on my list even though having completed it 11 times....... STEWIE FOR GOVENOR!to Petoria...i dont think the REV is going to take off anywhere other than the Asian contries.i saw the "official" specs the other day. its not going to be any better than the Xbox or the PS2.they say it is going to "wevowoutionise the gaming industwy. this is a compwetwy new game design..." they make it up as they go along.

nintendo sucks balls. i used to like them but since shiguiro miyamoto left ( i think he did) its gone downhill. i mean common dude a remote control for a controler???to Petoria...i dont think the REV is going to take off anywhere other than the Asian contries.i saw the "official" specs the other day. its not going to be any better than the Xbox or the PS2.they say it is going to "wevowoutionise the gaming industwy. this is a compwetwy new game design..." they make it up as they go along.
I'm aware the graphics arent going to be much better, but I'm expecting some creativity, rather than the same generic console that has been played out.It's about time they finally made something new.
nintendo sucks balls. i used to like them but since shiguiro miyamoto left ( i think he did) its gone downhill. i mean common dude a remote control for a controler???also xbox360 sucks balls too. i played it for about 3 hours at a friends house and have decided that it is going to suck compared to the PS3.as for games im playing now...... GTA San Andreas is still huge on my list even though having completed it 11 times....... STEWIE FOR GOVENOR!to Petoria...i dont think the REV is going to take off anywhere other than the Asian contries.i saw the "official" specs the other day. its not going to be any better than the Xbox or the PS2.they say it is going to "wevowoutionise the gaming industwy. this is a compwetwy new game design..." they make it up as they go along.
Most biased post I have seen.Last I checked Miyamoto was still with Nintendo, I could be wrong but I don't think so, I'll check after I post this.The 360 is a solid console, the PS3 will have better hardware specs but software wins console wars not nessesary system specs. Also price point this round is going to be huge, the average gamer isn't going to drop 600+ for a PS3 when they can get a 360 for 1/2 that or a Nintendo Wii for 1/3rd of it. Also have you actually looked at Nintendos controller, it's not a remote. It's 2 handed, and the part that looks like a remote flips sideways into a controller that can be used for the 100's of retro games that will be useable on the system. This makes it the ideal family system, affordable + hundreds/thousands of old 8-64 bit games avaliable for play at launch. Nintendo also makes the best multiplayer games, your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.By the time the PS3 launches, the 360 is going to be on it's second generation of games. This pretty much guarantees that the developers will be able to pull more out of that system than they can with first gen PS3 titles. Most software publishers say it takes 3-5 titles under thier belt before they really figure out what a console can do and push the limits. So PS3's superiior hardware (if they dont trim it down to cut cost) isn't going to be out preforming the 360 anytime soon.Miyamoto still works for Nintendo as a General Manager from what information I can find. it's actually considered a family business for him.
I'm playing PC: World of Warcraft, and beta testing a game I am not allowed to discuss without breaking a NDA and getting violated by it's publisher.PS2: Dragon Warrior 8 and God of WarXbox: I am goofing around with some various sports games, my xbox is modded so I have about 80 games loaded onto a HD that I play at random.Gamecube: Whatever my kid is playing, mostly Mario Golf right now and once in a while RE4.
this is one if not my favorite video game of all time. I still have yet to beat it on GOD mode...sighanyway GOW2 comes out first quarter of next year...js
this is one if not my favorite video game of all time. I still have yet to beat it on GOD mode...sigh
I don't typically like these those types of games, but I never heard anyone give it anything but praise and now that it's 20 bucks as part of the greatest hits collection I couldn't pass it up.
I don't typically like these those types of games, but I never heard anyone give it anything but praise and now that it's 20 bucks as part of the greatest hits collection I couldn't pass it up.
my one friend used to work at EB and i got the demo of this game like 2 months before it came out and was hookedsince you said you normally dont like these type of games what do you think about it so far?
I'm playing Halo 2 right now.I'm at the part where i cought up to the heretic and he clones himself 4 times or so. Does any one have any hints to get by that part?
check gamefaqs.com i personally coulndnt get into that game though...guess there wasnt enough violence for me... :club:
my one friend used to work at EB and i got the demo of this game like 2 months before it came out and was hookedsince you said you normally dont like these type of games what do you think about it so far?
Solid controls, good story, excellent boss encounters. Regular fighting in the stages can get a little repetitive but thats a minor flaw. On a 1-10 scale i'd give it something like a 9.2, which is really high from me one on of these types of games.

I'm not playing much right now. My aunt designs computer games, and just got an XBox assignment, so she has my Xbox now. I'll occasionally play Gran Turismo 4, but not much other than that.

Solid controls, good story, excellent boss encounters. Regular fighting in the stages can get a little repetitive but thats a minor flaw. On a 1-10 scale i'd give it something like a 9.2, which is really high from me one on of these types of games.
ya the regular fighting can be pretty repetitious (sp)...the story was very well done...i like how you find out more about the story as the game develops.what part are you at right now...just curious

Any of you guys played Shadow of the Colossus? I've heard good things and considered picking it up.As for God of War, I haven't played it, but I've got a buddy that's been playing through it over here, and it's a pretty cool looking game.

Any of you guys played Shadow of the Colossus? I've heard good things and considered picking it up.As for God of War, I haven't played it, but I've got a buddy that's been playing through it over here, and it's a pretty cool looking game.
i wanted to also check out shadow of colossus but i havnet gotten a chance yet...maybe someday next week ill have to rent it unless some one gave some good reasons not to :club: