Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Yes, as a lifelong Padre fan, I am really scratching my head on this one. We had no backup SS last year and now we trade this guy when his value is at an all-time low?... Khalil doesn't show any emotion whatsover, but he can play some D and has some pop. He ****ing rakes when he plays on the road at all the NL Central parks so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit over 30 bombs. I've already been thinking about the Ozzie comparison and I know it's going to happen again. The cards just got a steal.As for Peavy, this whole thing is just goddamn ridiculous. The owner is getting a divorce and it's so ****ing obvious he's dismantling the team to get the payroll down and the overall value of the team down so he won't have to pay this bitch. Women are destroying my life even though I don't have a wife or anything close to a girlfriend. I'm pissed.
Me and a buddy are trying to get money together to buy the team and turn it into a winner. You in?
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a native of San Diego, be prepared to watch one of the most amazing defensive shortstops ever. I'm not comparing him to Ozzie Smith, but you guys did it to San Diego again. He has surprising power and despite his low average, he gets his fair share of timely hits.Don't judge him by his body language, because you will never ever see any emotion out of him, and don't think he doesn't care because of it, he does. He's also a heavily religious, Ba hai, I think it is, and has never had alcohol, soda, or any type of sugar. Plus he's a semi-serious rapper.
Hoping this is true. I like the fact that the Cards got him when his value was lowest (it's kinda their speciality). His OBP worries me. Hoping getting out of Petco will help him out offensively, but I suspect it'll just make him swing for the fences more than it seems he already does.
Hoping this is true. I like the fact that the Cards got him when his value was lowest (it's kinda their speciality). His OBP worries me. Hoping getting out of Petco will help him out offensively, but I suspect it'll just make him swing for the fences more than it seems he already does.
He doesn't hit for average or get on base, but he'll probably hit 30 HR in StL. He's a good 6 or 7 hitter.
I've already been thinking about the Ozzie comparison and I know it's going to happen again.
Khalil is a great defensive SS, and went from San Diego to St. Louis via the same circumstances...ie...turmoil in the Padres front office. However Khalil is no where near what Ozzie was. Ozzie was the best.That being said I would love to see the Cardinals do next year with Khalil what they did the year Ozzie arrived in St. Louis...win the World Series.
problem?
yes, you.your stance of being both a cardinals and cubs fan is a freaking mockery. it mocks the true nature of a fan. and really, by claiming to be both, you cant truly be either. so you're nothing. not a brother, not an enemy. so be gone.
yes, you.your stance of being both a cardinals and cubs fan is a freaking mockery. it mocks the true nature of a fan. and really, by claiming to be both, you cant truly be either. so you're nothing. not a brother, not an enemy. so be gone.
roflyou're still funny
  • 1 month later...

Are you guys really surprised? Cards just aren't spending money, especially this year. They know the All Star game is going to bring in a ton of revenue and they are going to show a good profit anyway. Anyone else deeply perturbed about Glaus's situation?

Perturbed in that the medical staff failed...YET AGAIN. I actually think the Cards will be fine w/ either Freese or Wallace filling in, and it will be a good chance to see them up in the majors.

• 1 month later...

I hope Freeze makes the club. He went to the same high school as me and even played for the same summer team. I met when I was a Junior and he was at our gym working out. He was cool. He has the school record for highest batting average for a season at .544.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...