Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A solid 7-8 innings out of Wainwright far outweighs anything he can contribute to the bullpen.
I dont disagree.But if TLR does it, I wouldnt consider it a mistake. To me its one of two viable options. I can see arguments for both.
I dont disagree.But if TLR does it, I wouldnt consider it a mistake. To me its one of two viable options. I can see arguments for both.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals make a push for Brian Fuentes.
I dont think putting Wainright in the pen for the rest of this season would be a mistake. He could go back to the rotation next year, giving them the time to sign a closer without losing any prospects.
I think it makes him a bit slow coming back as a starter next year.I'm salivating at the idea of full seasons from Wainwright and Carpenter next year.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals make a push for Brian Fuentes.
I don't know if I would be into getting into a bidding war for his services with a big team looking for a late inning lefty ready to deal a big time prospect or 2 second tier prospects. Jumping Milwaukee and/or Chicago will be very difficult and I don't think Fuentes is going to be the difference maker, though they could certainly use him obviously. I do agree that they will explore it for sure.
I don't know if I would be into getting into a bidding war for his services with a big team looking for a late inning lefty ready to deal a big time prospect or 2 second tier prospects. Jumping Milwaukee and/or Chicago will be very difficult and I don't think Fuentes is going to be the difference maker, though they could certainly use him obviously. I do agree that they will explore it for sure.
They are going to have to explore it, or risk alienating all of Redbird Nation by not making a move to keep the team in the hunt. They are only 3 games behind the Brewers atm, with Chicago and Milwaukee starting a 4 game series. The season for the Cardinals is far from over and the division is still very winnable. I'm hoping Mozeliak learned a few things from his mentor and pulls off a deal. Jocketty would have had something done by now.

Read on espn.com that with Lohse prolly not going to be signed long term next year and with Carpenter and Wainwright coming back, that the Cards maybe looking to deal Lohse as a great bargaining chip to get a bullpen arm and a bat. Yankees, White Sox and Rockies they list as potential destinations. Wonder if they would deal him to Colorado for Fuentes and like Jeff Baker or someone.

Read on espn.com that with Lohse prolly not going to be signed long term next year and with Carpenter and Wainwright coming back, that the Cards maybe looking to deal Lohse as a great bargaining chip to get a bullpen arm and a bat. Yankees, White Sox and Rockies they list as potential destinations. Wonder if they would deal him to Colorado for Fuentes and like Jeff Baker or someone.
that would have really pissed me off.
I'd take Baker and Fuentes over Lohseyou can almost guarantee that Kyle Lohse will turn back into Kyle Lohse once he gets away from Dave Duncan...case in point...Jeff Weaver

Jeez, if you are going to give up on the year, do it. Don't treat the fans like morons. Deal Lohse and get something for the future. It sickens me how they talk about how the big move was not going on a firesale and dealing Lohse. Just like our big offseason signing was Matt Clement....

Jeez, if you are going to give up on the year, do it. Don't treat the fans like morons. Deal Lohse and get something for the future. It sickens me how they talk about how the big move was not going on a firesale and dealing Lohse. Just like our big offseason signing was Matt Clement....
welcome to the post-Jocketty era
why has izzy not been released?hey fuckass, yeah you, Mozeliak or whatever your name is. YOU'RE ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL BUDDY.
Is it because he's Tony's baby or what, this guy is a joke. If we lost last night, the place would have rioted after the rain then watching the bullpen lose another, especially Izzy.
Is it because he's Tony's baby or what, this guy is a joke. If we lost last night, the place would have rioted after the rain then watching the bullpen lose another, especially Izzy.
Took me a second to realize you weren't talking about Cesar Izturis. :)Say ty to Russell Martin for having an awful ab in the 11th or whatever with runners on 1st and 3rd with one out. Also, say ty to Torre for bringing Jason Johnson and his insulin pump in to the game.Sigh, obv the Cardinals own the Dodgers the last few years, so could you guys at least allow us to win 1 game this series?
  • 1 month later...

I'll ressurrect this thread for you all by letting you know that in my 27 years on this planet there is not a scarier sight in baseball than looking up and seeing Pujols at the plate. Maybe it's because he's in the Cubs division, and I missed a lot of Bonds road games because they were so late, but when he is up I am practically writing at least a single on my scorecard and getting ready to write more before he even steps in the box. Even like 80% of his outs seem like line drives that someone has to make a play on. He's really ****ing scary.

I'll ressurrect this thread for you all by letting you know that in my 27 years on this planet there is not a scarier sight in baseball than looking up and seeing Pujols at the plate. Maybe it's because he's in the Cubs division, and I missed a lot of Bonds road games because they were so late, but when he is up I am practically writing at least a single on my scorecard and getting ready to write more before he even steps in the box. Even like 80% of his outs seem like line drives that someone has to make a play on. He's really ****ing scary.
Thats because he is the best hitter since Ted Williams.