Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Mark Mulder pitched the 9th today. I saw it with my own 2 eyes, yet I still can't really believe.
I was gonna put a movie in and skip the ninth with that lead, until I heard that Marky Mark was gonna pitch the ninth.He looked good. I think that the pen will be good for him. Hopefully he can survive in the pen all this year and start off next year in the rotation and leave these injuries behind.but i wont hold my breath.
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposting in the Cardinal's thread, as I feel ya'll deserve the complement...

I have to give it up to St. Louis fans, they are classy. They gave Jim Edmonds a huge round of applause. If that had been, say, a long time Red Sox appearing as a Yankee for the first time, or a long time Dodger appearing as a Giant for the first time, they'd have been boo'd out of the stadium. I hate the Cardinals, but they have some of the very best fans in baseball.
yeah, we're pretty amazing. personally, i wouldnt have cheered Jimbo, but I wouldnt have booed him.but i was never a huge edmonds fan to begin with.
I say cheer him once for all the awesomeness that he brought (we don't make the 2004 Series without what he did in the NLCS). After that, boo him like any other Cub. Can't really blame the guy for wanting to continue his career, and it's not like he had tons of options after both STL and SD had basically said "we dont' want you anymore".SD was never really a good fit for Edmonds w/ that pitcher's park they play in.

I'll tell you something else. Yadier would have thrown out at least two runners if he had made the all-star team.It bothers me that these "all-star" catchers cant throw anyone out.And dont give me that "they stole 'em off the pitchers" crap. Yeah, Jeter did. The rest, with a Yadier like throw, could have been had.

ASG is always about offensive statistics. If Yadi can ever get a situation where he's driving in a good amount of runs, he's got a chance. He's worked himself from a .215 hitter up to about a .300 hitter so far. He's come a long way....and no one can really touch him defensively.

ASG is always about offensive statistics.
Good thing Jason Varitek made it then.Yadi has him by far on both sides of the plate.And why was Lohse not on the team?Fuck you, Clint Hurdle.

Agreed. I don't think they should do anything of real significance at the deadline. For a team that for all intents and purposes looked like a 90-100 loss team, the emergence of Ryan Ludwick, Dave Duncan finding another amazing reclamation project in Kyle Lohse, Rick Ankiel establishing himself as a full time OFer and big time power threat and the Rolen swap being an enormous positive is enough for me to call the season a success. With Rasmus and others on the way it looks good if they can get a find some more arms and Carpenter can come back as effective.

I have this really uneasy feeling that the Cardinals would put Wainwright in the closer spot when he comes off of the DL. Considering Wainwright has developed into one of the best starters in the NL I believe this would be a disaster. If La Russa has any common sense he will put Wainwright back into the rotation, and then move either Looper, Pineiro, or Wellemeyer into the pen.

I have this really uneasy feeling that the Cardinals would put Wainwright in the closer spot when he comes off of the DL. Considering Wainwright has developed into one of the best starters in the NL I believe this would be a disaster. If La Russa has any common sense he will put Wainwright back into the rotation, and then move either Looper, Pineiro, or Wellemeyer into the pen.
Agree entirely.