Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: econ_tim is SB with Aheart.gif, 4diamond.gif. 3 folds, econ_tim raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) Theart.gif, Qspade.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)econ_tim checks, BB bets, econ_tim folds.Final Pot: 2.50 BBhands like this are part of the reason you should sometimes check made hands

Stoxtrader discusses a similar strategy here: http://www.stoxpoker.com/?q=node/204I usually don't make this raise from the SB, although you are more experienced than me and probably know what your doing. At the same time though, why are you not leading out? The board is scary, but it could very well be scary for him too if he has a weak ace, a low PP, low suited connectors, etc.

I usually don't make this raise from the SB
Why not? We're 5-handed, so we should be playing aggressively. We've got equity against a random hand. We've already got some money in the pot, so we're getting good value on a raise. If our opponent folds a decent amount of hands to our raise, we're in good shape. Post-flop, we'll be in good position to bet out and take the pot even if he calls. Yes, against certain villains, it might be okay to limp. Hell, against a LAG who's much better than us, folding might be the right play. By default though...this is a raise.As for the flop-check, I usually keep betting, but if we give a stubborn opponent credit for hitting that wheelhouse flop, a check/fold is fine.

Tim,I like it. Even if you do have the best hand, your opponent can put a lot of pressure on you with any J, and sometiems any K or 9. Even if he doesn't raise, he will call a good % of the time (He's acalling pf with pp's or high cards a good deal more often than stuff like 76o), and that will force you to give up on the turn.Plus, like you said, it's good for mixing things up.

I dunno.I think the chances if him totally missing the flop (67,57,56,Ax, etc.) and folding plus the chance of you spiking an ace on the turn when he just calls (if you check you wouldn't have seen the turn because I'm guessing he bets 95%+ of the time here) make this a bet.I think it's close though, and I definately don't have a problem with a c/f. Oop sucks.

I'm betting on this flop most of the time. I agree that you should check-fold this flop ocassionally though.