Brian Fidler, Daniel's New Protege

Congratulations to Brian Fidler of Derby Connecticut who was crowned Daniel's Protege in the early morning hours on Monday May 1st after a long and gruelling battle.He played hard and his aggressive style took him heads up against Saskatchewan's Sol Bergren, the Seat #5 Higher Roller Winner. Brian continued to pound the pot and eventually was crowned Daniel Negreanu's first-ever Poker Protege. His grand prize package includes priceless one on one instruction from Kid Poker himself, four (4) $10,000 buy-in poker tournaments, special access to communicate with Daniel about poker strategy, and much more.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, get all you can out of it, and good luck in the 4 big tournaments.

Congratulations to Brian Fidler of Derby Connecticut who was crowned Daniel's Protege in the early morning hours on Monday May 1st after a long and gruelling battle.He played hard and his aggressive style took him heads up against Saskatchewan's Sol Bergren, the Seat #5 Higher Roller Winner. Brian continued to pound the pot and eventually was crowned Daniel Negreanu's first-ever Poker Protege. His grand prize package includes priceless one on one instruction from Kid Poker himself, four (4) $10,000 buy-in poker tournaments, special access to communicate with Daniel about poker strategy, and much more.
My vote is for FCP_INFO to be the co-commentator of the next protege event.

Just look at the guys picture... He's intimidating looking and more importantly he's in black and white while all the others were in color. How could this guy not have won?

My vote is for FCP_INFO to be the co-commentator of the next protege event.
LOL
Hopefully he'll take a more visible role in the FCP forums now that he's Daniel's protege.
i hope some sort of blog or updating thread is in the works.can't find it anywhere - what seat did he win to make the final?

Thankfully it wasn't the Charter Member seat.

After finding out no one was voting for him to win...

You guys are def. hardcore poker players... You can look at my picture, read my bio, and already know that i suck. (here and i thought i wasn't that easy to read!) hahai'm definately shooting to prove you all wrong..thanks for the extra motivation! :club: -Fidler
Well done. :D Anybody have the complete order of finishing? I know Jerry was out first and Sol took 2nd, but what about the rest...?

1st - Brian Filder2nd - Sol Bergren3rd - Mathias Andersen4th - Fern Chamberlain5th - Clinton Kripki6th - Jimmy Herrera (Mysteriously taken away)7th - Frank Mutti8th - Cory Vandivier9th - Justin Lester10th - Jerry Carmichael (Mysteriously taken away)I think this is how it went but not totally certain...

Just look at the guys picture... He's intimidating looking and more importantly he's in black and white while all the others were in color. How could this guy not have won?
He was actually the opposite of intimidating, and in a half hour span got Jerry to give him a ton of chips and got it all in vs. Cory when Cory had Q-Q, but Brian had A-A. Unlucky for Cory, lucky for Brian. At that point in my mind it was just a question of who was going to be heads up vs. him- he had a shitload of chips. Brian was/is a very likeable fellow who I enjoyed talking too- we had a good time, and I wish him the best. He played well and got the cards to do so, nothing I haven't done many times- just not this time. Alright, I wil be honest- I hate him. :club:
He was actually the opposite of intimidating, and in a half hour span got Jerry to give him a ton of chips and got it all in vs. Cory when Cory had Q-Q, but Brian had A-A. Unlucky for Cory, lucky for Brian. At that point in my mind it was just a question of who was going to be heads up vs. him- he had a shitload of chips. Brian was/is a very likeable fellow who I enjoyed talking too- we had a good time, and I wish him the best. He played well and got the cards to do so, nothing I haven't done many times- just not this time. Alright, I wil be honest- I hate him. :club:
How annoying was Jimmy being in every pot? lol.
How annoying was Jimmy being in every pot? lol.
Extremely, and it was unorthodox as hell- one hand where I layed down A-J vs. him on a Board of x-A-10-5, he reraised me hard on the turn and folded, then showed me his 2 pair with a 10-5os. Nice to know that I was right, but why tell me? He actually did that twice, both times showing me that I made the right call. Didn't really make much sense. Both of those pots I should have bet the flop hard and didn't, mostly because I was 80% percent sure that if he connected at all he was in all the way- if I had to do it over I would just invite the donkey punch instead of try and duck it.
Extremely, and it was unorthodox as hell- one hand where I layed down A-J vs. him on a Board of x-A-10-5, he reraised me hard on the turn and I thought a little and then folded, then showed me his 2 pair with a 10-5os. Nice to know that I was right, but why tell me? He actually did that twice, both times showing me that I made the right call. Didn't really make much sense. Both of those pots I should have bet the flop hard and didn't, mostly because I was 80% percent sure that if he connected at all he was in all the way- if I had to do it over I would just invite the donkey punch instead of try and duck it.
I meant to edit and instead I quoted myself. Oops.
after a night out on the town with Daniel and the rest of the qualifiers, I woke up Monday morning with a bad case of hemorroids. Congratulations Brian. I'm still a little bitter about the incident between Daniel and I.
Preparation H. Isn't it past your bedtime? Preparation H.