Some More Getting Started In 6 Max Questions

first off, what kind ratings are you guys using when auto-rating players in pokertracker for 6-max? i did a google search but it seems many people are unsure of the accuracy of their ratings.this an example of one i found:http://www.spitflames.com/NLAutoRate_6_Max.txtsecondly, do you guys keep a seperate pokertracker database for 6-max? im assuming this would be the easiest way.lastly, how many tables are you guys playing at once? i usually 4 table full ring without much problem but i can see it being a lot harder when playing short.tks for the help,tg

i don't autorate for six max. if you do, you should customize the settings. but you should wait on that until you understand the different six max types. the main categories are TAGs, Loose-Passives, LAGs, and rocks, although the stats for each group vary widely.I have all my hands in one database. For PartyPoker, I have to click "treat all hands as 6-max" on the auto-import menu to get PAHUD to work right. This means you can't play full-ring and six-max at the same time, although that would be confusing anyway.If I want to put a lot of hands in, I'll play four tables. If I want a more relaxed session, or if I want to concentrate on my opponents, I'll play one or two tables.It definitely takes a while to get used to multitabling six max because hands take less time than in a full game. I'd recommend you work up the number of tables gradually or else you will feel rushed and make silly mistakes.

first off, what kind ratings are you guys using when auto-rating players in pokertracker for 6-max? [/b]I don't use ratings, I actually just leave whatever full ring is but i basically ignore what it tells me. Try to focus on the numbers instead.i did a google search but it seems many people are unsure of the accuracy of their ratings.this an example of one i found:http://www.spitflames.com/NLAutoRate_6_Max.txtsecondly, do you guys keep a seperate pokertracker database for 6-max? im assuming this would be the easiest way.I attempted to set up a separate database by got lost in the nether regions of my computer. Fearing i may never get out, i quickly shut down and avoided ever trying again. Please tell me if you can get two databases to work.lastly, how many tables are you guys playing at once? i usually 4 table full ring without much problem but i can see it being a lot harder when playing short.Definitely start with 2. I still don't feel entirely comfortable with 4 yet. tks for the help,tg

tks for the replies guys,The reason i was interested in the auot-rate rules was that I'm unsure how to interpret the numbers at 6-max.when i play full, i really just go off the numbers as well but im sure that the values of the numbers are a bit different when switching to 6 max.example.someone with stats of 40/12/4.5 would be a lag in a full game but maybe this is how a tags stats would look in a 6-max game?

The reason i was interested in the auot-rate rules was that I'm unsure how to interpret the numbers at 6-max.
TAGs typically look like 24/18/2 or thereabouts . . . some are looser and have 30/20/1.75 numbersanyone with a VP$IP lower than 20 isn't playing enough hands (although they could just be running bad if it's a small sample)anyone with a VP$IP much higher than 30 is playing too many handsthe 40/12/4.5 you meanioned would be loose passive preflop and insanely aggressive postflop
TAGs typically look like 24/18/2 or thereabouts . . . some are looser and have 30/20/1.75 numbersanyone with a VP$IP lower than 20 isn't playing enough hands (although they could just be running bad if it's a small sample)anyone with a VP$IP much higher than 30 is playing too many handsthe 40/12/4.5 you meanioned would be loose passive preflop and insanely aggressive postflop
thanks for the info tim.