Protege Live Webcast: Starting Time Changed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, if by getting you mean hiding, and by coffee you mean Jerry's body.
in his trunk
hey alex where did you get that quote of JDAGS?
During all the Dreamclown DN controversy someone posted up the quote saying thats what j'dags said in regards to DN's challenge matches he had going. Don't know if it is accurate or anything but I heard it and liked it so I posted it. If it is wrong I guess j'dags can sue me.....are all these breaks technical difficulties or are they having these on purpose?? If they are on purpose then it is just something we have to deal with watching it live. I dont think you can classify this as a train wreck just not entertaining because of all the non-poker elements

In truth this is a "Behind the Scenes Look at the making of the 2006 Poker Protege" ... sort of like a back stage pass ... If you think of it that way, the power outages and people kicking out power cords make more sense.Ali gets "A" for effort ... unfortunately he also gets the "A" for "Annoying". :club: That said he is obviously trying hard and this counts for a lot in my book. Everyone's pain threshold regarding poker commentators has been really tested by Vincent Van Patten on the WPT so any offbeat comment makes players either jump or grind their teeth.Ali: Don't mix up players names, cards, and actions. Step one.Lucky for us the editor will make him look and sound good. :D The Protege is a 'cutting edge' poker idea and they could have filmed it in a studio cheaper. We get a chance to see it in progress, and frankly, the running commentary by DN on the play is BY FAR better than what the WPT spews out. They are doing it this way so we can be there.Enjoy.As for Fern, she is a pro and experience counts. If she gets any cards, she will know how to use them and the other players are going to have some very tough decisions to make. AQ: she had to play it and it held up. So far, I am enjoying it.Everyone else having fun, and I mean aside from the technical blackouts and time delays. I think the commentary really makes up for it.

seriously , they play 5 hands , review the tape and then go back & rerecord DN & what's his face saying something insightfull about it for the TV broadcast ... & we wait ... // God, must kill the players, wonder if they do that on the WPT ? Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh ....

The players are on a break. A suspicious odor was present, which was later discovered to be emanating from Jerry's dead body with an attached note that read, "I'm sorry. I'm going busto in the big name and can't afford to pay him to leave the game. I wish I didn't have to do this." :club: Very funny.