Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6diamond.gif, 6club.gif. 1 fold, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP caps, Hero calls.Flop: (9.33 SB) 7club.gif, 7spade.gif, Jspade.gif(2 players)MP bets, Hero calls.Turn: (5.66 BB) 3club.gif(2 players)MP bets, Hero calls.River: (7.66 BB) Jdiamond.gif(2 players)MP bets, Hero folds.Final Pot: 8.66 BBVillain had been a normal 40/20/2 LAG most of the session, but lately he has been on a rush, and it looks like he's decided to raise every hand preflop.Should I raise/fold the turn?Is a bluff raise on the river worthwhile?

No way I bluff raise that river, especially if he's out of control because that usually means he's not folding.I'm in favor of raising the turn to charge whatever hand he may have. We have added equity since the villain's hand range is broad and the board is paired.

River is good. A bluff/raise would be suicide. As for the turn, I don't like raising LAGs without the goods. He won't believe you for a J or a 7, and will probably put you on a weak pp or a draw. He may then 3-bet with ace high himself, and will almost certainly 3-bet AA-JJ, and sometimes TT-99. He's not folding ace-high, so there's no reason to raise. Also, by raising, you set yourself up to sacrifice a bit of your set spiking equity.Against a tighter player, a raise may well be the best play, agianst LAGs, it's almost certainly not.Nice hand.

No one would c/r that flop?I like c/r the flop because most bad players will call the raise with AK/AQ and re-raise with AJ, QQ, KK,AA or the offchance they capped with KJ, QJ or A7. I know that good players are supposed to 3-bet the flop with AK, but still... I'm just not understanding why we didn't try to buy any information on the flop by c/rEDIT: 4 STOOOPID

read the hand again carefully
ZOMG... need to go home. Advocating calling with 7-high is where I draw the line.
I'd call the river, we have 3 pair, which beats 2 pair. I mean we beat the board. He could have 42, 52 or 54, so I call with the .000001% chance of your hand being good.
Agreed.

I think everyone is just influenced by that river to raise the turn. I would call down as well.

I think everyone is just influenced by that river to raise the turn. I would call down as well.
possibly for most but i looked at the turn and said "raise", and then said "oh sh*t" the river