Well, I just remembered I have an all day tennis tournament on Saturday, so I can't play the final Grand Tournament, which sucks. This is my last shot in the GSOP, Limit Holdem. PrtyPSux? Looks like an overlay is possible, they need 330 or so entrants to hit the $150k guarantee, they have 114 with 40 minutes left to sign up.

I'm at table Kawasaki. Nobody that I recognize at my table.Hoosier said him, PtyPSux, and Matt Matros are all at his table.
Yep, table "lowell"
Just lost a bit when someone in the bb called a 3 bet with 52s, flopped 2 pair and i had an overpair.
and this is like a $400 buy in tourney or something? thats like the kind of play you'd see out of a $3 tourney on stars.

1st break at 3700.Was up to 7k early,,,,then lost some on both QQ and KK getting cracked. Lost some on my overpair of 10s against the 2 pair turned boat of 52o. Lost some 3 betting the aggro CO with KJ and him calling me down with 77 on a Q high board. Lost some raising AQ and missing the flop.Thats about it.

every time i play a limit holdem event I promise myself its the last one I'll ever play.Its such a crapshoot, its not even funny. Just as an example I have 8k stack K2s get into it blind vs blind, flop a pair see the river down 1k vs dude that defended with 10/5.. I cap KK and flop A bet fold, lose 750 of my 5000 stack...3 bet AQ miss bet bet fold, lose 900 of my 4.25 stack.. 3 bet 10 10 and flop QJ8..(missclick Q5 and then get called down by 99 on an A high + paired board when i take a stab at the pot)..and Im about crippled...Matros, has 900 stack...I raise and miss and fold to his c/r on the turn...hes up to 1500...he hits a Q with AQ, back up to 5k, hits a KQQ board with KQ and is up to 8k, hits about 30 other flushes/str8s and is now in 11th place. btw, did anyone see how I pwned hoosier with the krablar vs his AK?

Well, I just couldn't catch a hand and played like crap for most of the tournament. Final hand, lost with AT vs. A4. I honestly feel like limit tournaments require much more card catching than NL tournaments. I know skill is a factor, but in limit, you just can't dominate a table like you can in NL. So I'm kinda with you there Pty.

Sad to see you go, I dunno about the catching contest though. In NL you can get your money in as a 4:1 favourite and get eliminated, which is why I play limit, feels like I can control my destiny more...I saw your comment about the eights, I capped on the flop to let everyone know I had a big hand, didn't want you hitting a two outer =)

I honestly feel like limit tournaments require much more card catching than NL tournaments. I know skill is a factor, but in limit, you just can't dominate a table like you can in NL.
Same here. I used to play limit all the time and do well (mainly because when I started playing online I was too easily dominated in NL). Once I gained confidence I started playing NL and did pretty well, but when I hit a big downswing I decided to play limit for a while to rebuild. Only I was too used to playing NL by then, and without being able to dominate in limit bluffing is much more difficult and without a really strong hand I couldn't win a pot at all. Limit is really just different skills more than card-catching, but my skills are more honed to NL now.
Limit is really just different skills more than card-catching, but my skills are more honed to NL now.
I agree, saying limit is only card catching is naive. Limit is more mathematical when it comes to pushing every small edge you can get.
Sad to see you go, I dunno about the catching contest though. In NL you can get your money in as a 4:1 favourite and get eliminated, which is why I play limit, feels like I can control my destiny more...
No, in NL tourneys you can get people to fold draws, 106s pf, and mid pairs....here you cant. The key to lhe is pushing small edges that in the long run will make u a profit, in tourney poker however that will not work out. Theres a tremendous amount of luck involved in lhe tourneys ( not that there isnt in NL but its much less), now add that to the fact that this structure was not properly adjusted for a lhe tourney ( by that I mean that they increased the blinds without putting much thought into the fact that the turn bets double they should have started out with 10/20 blinds imo) and it makes it even more of a crapshoot.Think about it this way, A good lhe cash game player wins a much smaller % of his sessions than a good nlhe cash game player. This doesnt mean that the lhe player makes less at the end of the month, it just means that there is more variance involved in the limit game.
Same here. I used to play limit all the time and do well (mainly because when I started playing online I was too easily dominated in NL). Once I gained confidence I started playing NL and did pretty well, but when I hit a big downswing I decided to play limit for a while to rebuild. Only I was too used to playing NL by then, and without being able to dominate in limit bluffing is much more difficult and without a really strong hand I couldn't win a pot at all. Limit is really just different skills more than card-catching, but my skills are more honed to NL now.
you are talking about cash games....its a whole different game than tournament poker.