What Book Would You Recommend...

I'm sorry, but it isn't even close: Theory of Poker by David Sklansky is the bible of poker.Now, I'm sorry, but even for a total newbie to poker, that was such a lazy question. Unless this is the only poker forum you've ever seen there is no way that you should be asking this question. Every poker forum that talks about tools/books will already have 23894723947012374623814794 threads praising Theory of Poker, even the 2+2 boards (it's the publising company for Theory of Poker).Don't be lazy anymore, no one appreciates it. Unless you are going to sit across from us at the tables :club:

Actually, I went onto Amazon and had a look at Theory of Poker but it didn't mention odds and I didn't want to buy something that was too advanced for me.Yes, I've seen Theory of Poker praised and it was probably on my list anyway but, like I said, I didn't want to buy it just yet if it was too advanced. And this (and 'The Poker Forum') is the only poker forum I visit. I don't like the 2+2 layout.Thanks for the input, though.

Sklansky T O P. Great book but not a fun read. This guy is as dry as a saltine.Harrington on Hold Em goes over is pretty well and Phil Gordons little green book. Phils calculations are fairly simple and for most scenarios it's really all you will need.btw, I love lazy. :club: