Bonds hit #710 last night. He is batting .231 with an OBP of .538 this season. Fucking ridiculous. I sure hope he retires after this year...he must know that everybody will hate him even more than they already do if he breaks Aaron's record.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be passing Aaron. Have you seen him run the bases after his second homerun? He can BARELY get around the bases without limping and grimacing with every single step. He can hardly move anymore..he won't hold up this entire year and he is done after this year. He'll pass Ruth, but not Aaron.

He's not getting to Aaron's record...nothing to worry about. It's only a matter of time before he takes a prolonged stint on the DL. Then after this year, he'll be done for good. He can barely move these days it seems.

If he was willing to look really bad he could definitely Pete Rose it to the record. Even if it took him 2 years the devil rays or someone would throw him out there.

Apparently Bonds was hit in the head with a batted ball during batting practice and may be a no go. I don't want to see him pass Babe, but I don't want to see the guy get hurt like this.Link

i'd like to see him do it. im from the bay area so im obviously brainwashed but yea i'm an A's fan and also like the giants. he has said this year was gonna be his last year but every athlete changes their mind. honestly if he played a full year this year and next he'd still might need a portion of another season to beat aaron

Bonds is innocent until proven guilty......oj_simpson_present.jpg
But in the media he is guilty until proven innocent, which has not happened.

713*Bonds hit a MAMMOTH homerun on ESPN tonight.Game was in Philly. Fans booed him every at-bat (obviously), but he got a pretty rousing standing ovation after the homerun.

Why wouldn't he just sign that guys ball? Is he intentionally trying to get people to hate him? Especially given the fans status as a serviceman. Just sihn the damn ball, that's all you have to do. And then to require him to sign a waiver for Bonds on Bonds? He's got some balls.

Why wouldn't he just sign that guys ball? Is he intentionally trying to get people to hate him? Especially given the fans status as a serviceman. Just sihn the damn ball, that's all you have to do. And then to require him to sign a waiver for Bonds on Bonds? He's got some balls.
Bonds on Bonds is just a pathetic attempt for Bonds to make up for a whole career of being an asshole. It's a waste of primetime air space.
Here is an interesting article from ESPN, putting Bonds' cheating in an historical perspective.Here's a question: how come Bonds catches so much more flak than McGwire, or others suspected of steroid abuse? Also, is taking steroids worse than using a corked bat or a doctored ball?Lastly, is taking steroids worse than throwing a game or a series?

There's a big difference though. Steroids are a controlled substance which means that it is illegal to possess them without a prescription. Anyone caught with steroids could face jail time...you won't get thrown in the slammer for possessing a corked bat or a doctored baseball. Does that make those two right...absolutely not, but you really need to see the different contexts.The reason that McGwire doesn't get as much flack as Bonds is the simple fact that McGwire was a hell of a lot nicer to the fans and the press than Bonds has been.

didn't he once say that he only cares about breaking ruth's record, simply because he's white?
yes he did
Seriously? Wow! Does anyone have a link to that or something? I can't believe he actually said that.