did i play this incorrectly? could have got more?

I'm at a $100 buy-in table with $2/$3 blinds 2nd to the button and I limp in with 3 :D 3 :D , total of 6 people in the hand. The flop comes: 6 :) J :) 6 :) Everyone checks around, the turn comes: 3 :) 1st position bets $10, 2nd calls, 3rd calls, I'm in 4th and raise it to $30, 5th position thinks about it and folds. 1st position folds and then 2nd position raises it to $70. 3rd position goes all in with $85. This is where I may have gone wrong. I moved all in for $230. 2nd position folded and showed 8 :D 6 :club: . 3rd position mucked his hand when I showed mine and I took down the pot.At the time I thought, I might as well just go all in...2nd position will call for sure. But as it turns out, he didnt. Do you think I should have just called and waited for the river and get more value? Which was a 5 :D , no help to anyone. Maybe If I would have just called then 2nd position might have be inticed to make a bet or call a bet of mine?

the only possible thing you could've done is smooth call the allin. If you reraise at all you'll be pot commited anyway due to the size of the pot

Here's how to process it: let the bets speak, and know what you want your bet to say1 bets 10: I want the pot, kindly go away.2 calls: I have a hand of some sort of potential or quality (but not much)3 calls: I can beat 2 hands betting this weakly4 raises: No, I'm the guy with the best hand5 folds: Well, my hand sucked1 folds: Why wouldn't you listen to me and go away?2 reraises off a call: I have a big hand that wants action3 reraises that all-in: I have a complete beast that beats your hand4 looks at his full house, and contemplates what to say.All-in over the top says "No, I really, really, really do have the nuts"A call says "I have a 6 and am not laying this down"A fold says "I'm a wuss. Run over me and my turned boats"; you're not doing thatSo, a call is strong enough to drive out someone who can't beat trips still (but might get a push if he also held trips and decides "well, one of them lacks trips, so they compensate me"). Your all-in surprises them in only 1 way: you didn't turn up jacks for the absolute nuts. Should you call, you get more only if he held the case 6. He may have had Jx or QQ and reraised for info after this action, and many other cases. Don't sweat this too too much.[/b]

IMHO, i definitely don't think smooth-calling was a good play there. your hand is quite vulnerable since your set is below the paired 6's. if you had JJ, a smooth-call would be more understandable. however, here a smooth-call is not a good idea.at the same time, i'm surprised at your all-in for the same reason--your set is below the 6's. it's okay, it's just gutsy.to answer your question, no, definitely don't slowplay that.aseem

IMHO, i definitely don't think smooth-calling was a good play there. your hand is quite vulnerable since your set is below the paired 6's. if you had JJ, a smooth-call would be more understandable. however, here a smooth-call is not a good idea.at the same time, i'm surprised at your all-in for the same reason--your set is below the 6's. it's okay, it's just gutsy.to answer your question, no, definitely don't slowplay that.aseem
I didn't say smooth calling was the right play, I just said that its either that or push in. A raise pot commits you so smoothcalling is your only other real ption, but its not the best option. The hands he has to worry about on the turn are pocket 6s, for quads, or pocket Jacks. Those are the only hands that at this moment beat his threes full
I didn't say smooth calling was the right play, I just said that its either that or push in. A raise pot commits you so smoothcalling is your only other real ption, but its not the best option. The hands he has to worry about on the turn are pocket 6s, for quads, or pocket Jacks. Those are the only hands that at this moment beat his threes full
i know, i wasn't disagreeing with your post at all. i was just answering his question.aseem
i know, i wasn't disagreeing with your post at all. i was just answering his question.aseem
yeah, I thought that. I just felt like expounding