Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)10 Man: 1st $50, 2nd $30, $10+1Actuary (t10680)Button (t9320)Preflop: Actuary is BB with Kdiamond.gif, 7diamond.gif. Button raises to t800, Actuary calls t600.Flop: (t1800) 9diamond.gif, 5diamond.gif, 8heart.gif(2 players) I push***************************************$20+2, 6 Man1st: $722nd $48Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t3700)BB (t3708)UTG (t2967)Actuary (t1020)Button (t605)Preflop: Actuary is MP with 8heart.gif, 8club.gif. 1 fold, Actuary calls t60, 1 fold, SB completes, BB raises to t320, SB folds, I push*****************************************************$20+2, 6 Man1st: $722nd $48Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG (t2015)MP (t4693)Button (t2752)Actuary (t1395)BB (t1145)Preflop: Actuary is SB with Qclub.gif, J :club:UTG raises to t265, 2 foldsI push*********************************************The first Hand, semi bluffing the FD is a pretty common push for me.While the others, playing back at strength, are not.My chip stack was big reason there.I want to get a check up on these, as I'm concerned that the frustration of being moved off a lot of pots and seeing my stack dwindle down leads to reckless pushes. thanks for your time and consideration

I c/r push the first hand.I raise the second preflop.I fold the 3rd one.1st hand: you can extract a lot more money if you c/r. It's more likely to be taken as a sign of you having a real hand (so you might fold hands that have odds to call), and if you get called you're still in very good shape.2nd hand: You're letting the BB have a free look at the flop by just calling, and often you are gonna be making a tough decision on the flop.3rd hand: If you think UTG is rather aggressive then I think a reraise is good, but I really don't like QJ... Most things that call you are gonna make you grab your ankles, and you're giving him 1.5:1 odds on a call, so I see a lot of things like AQish calling you. Just pick a better spot... If he was Dealer I would be more inclinded to reraise.BTW I kind of suck at NL tourneys, so take everything I say with a salt shaker!

The first hand is such an enourmous overbet that I don't like it.I like nrs02004's idea of c/r with a push. I really don't think you need to risk so much though. I think you can be aggressive, but not risk your tourney (effectively) on a draw, especially since at 200/400, there's a ton of play left. Outplay him heads up, don't turn it into a push-fest.***For the second hand, it's ok. I'm raising first in though, unless you know he's aggressive enough to make this play. I'm not a fan of LRR's all that much. His bet looks like he wants to take it down then and there though, and you clearly can't just call. The way you played it, it's push or fold, I'd imagine.***Easy fold.

I like the first play. Why not stab and try to take the pot right there. If he calls, you assume 12 clean outs twice, possibly more if your King is good. that board more than likely didn't hit a pre-flop raiser unless he has an overpair, and he is unlikely to call with overcards since Actuary has the villain covered. A c/r is good here too.

I think the first hand is pretty standard, You may not to push allin but I don't think it is a problem.The 2nd hand is a little more dangerous. If you have a read that the BB likes to make moves, then it is a good play. But middle pairs are such a difficult things, and 88 is the ultimate middle pair. If you take a bluff out of the equation, you are up against another pair or to over cards. Given that, you are only a big favorite against 22 through 77, a dog to 99- AA and racing with everyone else. Unless the BB is bluffing, you are going to get called here. I think you are flipping a coin here, with an M of 10 you might want to. I would have probably raised first, that way his reraise might be able to narrow his range down. But given the fact that against the range of hands you are even money, and the possiblity of a fold or a bluff, I think it is an ok push.The third hand I don't like. QJ is really not strong enough in my opinion. You are only ahead of a true bluff, and behind every other hand.It looks like you are factoring the possiblilty of a bluff into all of these decisions, and giving a lot of weight to that possiblilty. While I agree that shorthanded there is a lot of bluffing, If you start seeing every bet as a bluff you will get crushed. Online players are not very good at laying down hands, thet tend to get married to them. If someone raises, they will call your reraise 90% of the time. Can you hand stand up at showdown?? Just m opinion.

I know I left reads out because in a STT, I didn't want to bias critiques too much based on a few observations. But I can say that I play very few hands, so the possibility of getting UTG to lay down when I push with QJ, is real.That's a big chunk of his stack, and I need some chips!The 88 hand, I read it for a big stack big over bet and was willing to race overs (hopefully) with the 1.5 : 1 about. I was well behind 3 stacks and BB was not the tightest of players.I did not raise preflop, because I felt lost on a normal re-raise from a less laggy players after me or multiple action/raises (I'd fold), and felt I could try to hit a set here cheaply.

For pushes, we have to know reads thoughYes, it's true that if you play your chipstack and put others all-in, for the most part they will not call unless they have a bigger hand.That saidYour Image is very important - are you wild? You'll get called by someone w/k9, i bet you!Are they wild? They'll call you with k-9!Find the weakies and push em over to your hearts content - granted that there's a decent amt in the pot :D That and so you get blinds folded to you without much contention.I like the QJclub push now because of your very tight image.The k7 suited hand, honestly, I would've told the button DON'T YOU EVER EVER EVER RAISE MY BLINDS, and pushed the sucker preflop.But i'm hyper-aggressive when the blinds are high enough :] Table image and Chip Stack are everything to tournament play, unless it's a deep stack tourney. Then...if you're crazy, push 50k into a 200 chip pot :club:

we were HU on the K7 hand.I know readss are important; but i don't like to post strong reads because then that biases or I feel like it justifies my play/or not. Which may be the whole point; however, I prefer to just say what happened and then others can say "If your image is such adn such" or "your read on him is so and so..."to keep it more objective.thanks for all the input