Esfandiari Or Laak

Ease up there, Chuck.Pretty sure I haven't commented in any of these worthless threads for awhile. Since I do it with such regularity, though, I'm sure you could find some more examples? In all reality, you people are just too fucking touchy. Get over it.
In reality you're a doushebag. I hope someone kicks you in the nuts. Hard.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. Laak plays almost every week in the biggest NLHE cash games in LA at the Commerce. Esfandiari, by his own omission, plays very little poker at all besides a modest circuit schedule.Don't confuse Laak's TV antics with his cash game persona. He is talked about as a dangerous and respected cash game NLHE player for some pretty big stakes. This has been his primary form of income for the last number of years and, by all accounts, he lives pretty darn well.I think both guys have proven that they can play a ton, though, so the original question is probably moot (aside from being unanswerable with the limited info any of us have).
I have to go with Esfandari on this one. He definately is a more feared played than phil.
I completely agree. Dude is a d-bag that has to respond with witty bs just so he doesnt get embarrassed. Just see what he responds to my post with.....

Esfandiari because of his HSP showing. He played excellently and showed a lot of class. Laak really only made the final table of a celebrity event, where he only moved all in, if I remember correctly.

i think antonio is misunderstood. everytime ive seen him in a personal setting (HSP or playing on UB) he seems to be totally level headed. I think people are judging him based on his website.
I remember the first time I saw him on tv it was in some batlle of the sexes tournament. And the whole entire time he was just being completely arrogant and condescending to the rest of the table. Even though he wasn't bad at all on HSP his first impression has kind of stuck with me. Seeing his website was pretty bad too.
I remember the first time I saw him on tv it was in some batlle of the sexes tournament. And the whole entire time he was just being completely arrogant and condescending to the rest of the table. Even though he wasn't bad at all on HSP his first impression has kind of stuck with me. Seeing his website was pretty bad too.
Seeing his website made me want to kill parakeets. That's how mad I was.
..Another one of those; "Not that any of us would know, but, we like to speculate anyway." questions.Yawn.
what happend to your journal...i enjoyed it
Esfandiari just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, but he's still the better player.Laak is like a sideshow act that gets to play "Just The Tip" with Jennifer Tilly
+EV "Wedding Crashers" reference.Esfandiari is the better player by far in my opinion. I mean, Laak is famous for being a professional douchebag and dating Jennifer Tilly. Esfandiari is actually famous for being a good poker player.
man has anyone ehre ever been hit in the nuts? even with a cup on a foul tip still hurts

i am laak.seriously though i dont know. laak is uber aggresive but esfandiari is excellenct at reading and is also uber A.im not entirley sure but i will go with laak

+EV "Wedding Crashers" reference.Esfandiari is the better player by far in my opinion. I mean, Laak is famous for being a professional douchebag and dating Jennifer Tilly. Esfandiari is actually famous for being a good poker player.
i aggree with you, but what they are famous for doesnt decide who the better player is. i mean look at whats his face.... the guy who won the WSOP this year, im not googling him. hes a total donk and he was the most famous guy in AUS for about 3 months
i aggree with you, but what they are famous for doesnt decide who the better player is. i mean look at whats his face.... the guy who won the WSOP this year, im not googling him. hes a total donk and he was the most famous guy in AUS for about 3 months
Yeah, but Laak has been on TV like 3 times (other than his show "Hollywood Home game"), and nobody talks about him being that particularly good.Esfandiari plays in bigger cash game has made more money in tournaments, I dont see how he isnt the obvious choice.

You also have to realize that Laak only plays 10 major events a year. He doesnt play a full schedule. The guy makes atleast a final table a year. Thats pretty impressive if you think about it that way. Look at DN, he plays 40 events a year.

Ive gotta go with Antonio, he has played well on two WPT final tables and looked even better on HSP. Laak got extremely lucky to win the celebrity event on the WPT. Havent seen much of him other then that.