Esfandiari Or Laak

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Esfandiari. I think watching him play in the HSP gave me alot more respect for his overall game.
yeah i think so toolaak is good but i think antonio is better even though laak is great for tv in the way he acts

sadly, i have to go with esfandiari on this one.he does really know how to play, even though i can't stand his personality.it's still a toss-up though, both are really smart players, but laak would be a ton better if he could just stay focused and quit all the camera-hogging bs.

sadly, i have to go with esfandiari on this one.he does really know how to play, even though i can't stand his personality.it's still a toss-up though, both are really smart players, but laak would be a ton better if he could just stay focused and quit all the camera-hogging bs.
+1 Esfandiari just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, but he's still the better player.Laak is like a sideshow act that gets to play "Just The Tip" with Jennifer Tilly

i think antonio is misunderstood. everytime ive seen him in a personal setting (HSP or playing on UB) he seems to be totally level headed. I think people are judging him based on his website.

i think antonio is misunderstood. everytime ive seen him in a personal setting (HSP or playing on UB) he seems to be totally level headed. I think people are judging him based on his website.
he probably is, but anytime he's on tv that i've seen, he's just so cocky. and yeah, the website doesn't help that perception either.i wouldn't be shocked if i met him in person, that i'd change my perception.
ROFLYou're not serious are you? So when you "see" him on UB...what is he wearing? And he was on HSP for how long? Doyle Brunson was there so he didn't want to act a fool....otherwise he would have been right up there with Shieky.Good to know we have a forum member with the inside scoop on Antonio :club:
..Another one of those; "Not that any of us would know, but, we like to speculate anyway." questions.Yawn.
You're becoming famous for responses like this. It's just fun to contemplate these things, if you don't think you can formulate an opinion on the limited sample sizes you have, then don't. But don't ***** every thread about people who say good play or bad play, good player or bad player, these threads are just meant for fun.Oh and by the way, Antonio.
You're becoming famous for responses like this. It's just fun to contemplate these things, if you don't think you can formulate an opinion on the limited sample sizes you have, then don't. But don't ***** every thread about people who say good play or bad play, good player or bad player, these threads are just meant for fun.Oh and by the way, Antonio.
First, I'm famous for a lot of reasons, not the least of which are my good looks, charm, sex appeal, intelligence, and witty remarks. Second, if you don't like my response, don't reply to it and move on--that's what you just told me to do, right? Sorry, but this question, and others like it, are absolutely fucking pointless."Well, I've never played a hand with either of them..maybe seen them play 200 hands each on television, I definitely can say that Antonio is the better player."Sorry, not my cup of tea. Have fun with it, though.
Sorry, but this question, and others like it, are absolutely fucking pointless.
Well they aren't going away anytime soon, so why ***** about them in every thread instead of ignoring them if you don't think they are worth answering? Now that everyone and their mother knows you don't like these types of question threads because of your 10 copy/pasted replies in every one that is created, can we assume that the next one that is created you also won't like, without you copy/pasting an 11th reply?
esfandiari is more of a cash game player than laak, and according to the hendonmob.com esfandiari has 3x more lifetime tournament winnings than laak despite focusing more on cash games
Wrong. Laak plays almost every week in the biggest NLHE cash games in LA at the Commerce. Esfandiari, by his own omission, plays very little poker at all besides a modest circuit schedule.Don't confuse Laak's TV antics with his cash game persona. He is talked about as a dangerous and respected cash game NLHE player for some pretty big stakes. This has been his primary form of income for the last number of years and, by all accounts, he lives pretty darn well.I think both guys have proven that they can play a ton, though, so the original question is probably moot (aside from being unanswerable with the limited info any of us have).
Well they aren't going away anytime soon, so why ***** about them in every thread instead of ignoring them if you don't think they are worth answering? Now that everyone and their mother knows you don't like these types of question threads because of your 10 copy/pasted replies in every one that is created, can we assume that the next one that is created you also won't like, without you copy/pasting an 11th reply?
Ease up there, Chuck.Pretty sure I haven't commented in any of these worthless threads for awhile. Since I do it with such regularity, though, I'm sure you could find some more examples? In all reality, you people are just too fucking touchy. Get over it.