Ok i don't have the history for this one. Early on in a 18 person 20+2 sng. Blinds 10/20I pick up QQ in the BB. MP limps, SB raises to 40. I reraise to 160. MP Calls and SB raises to 300. I call MP folds. Flop comes 9 7 3 rainbow. SB bets out 400. Play?

Ok i don't have the history for this one. Early on in a 18 person 20+2 sng. Blinds 10/20I pick up QQ in the BB. MP limps, SB raises to 40. I reraise to 160. MP Calls and SB raises to 300. I call MP folds. Flop comes 9 7 3 rainbow. SB bets out 400. Play?
Stack sizes? I will assume about $1500 if it is early. If so you have about $1,200 at this point? I think this is a fold.SB minraised at first- a sign of real strength. You reraised and he comes back over with another min raise. He then fires out a relatively small bet. My gut is screaming big pair here. It could be a poorly played AK, but people usually bet bigger with AK. You could min raise him back and fold to his all in reraise, but I would probably save the $800 to fight another day.I know it sounds weak tight, but you only have an overpair. I think it is hard to tell when you are up against aces, but this sure feels like it to me. If you fold, you still have plenty of chips left.

I would fold the queens here but I sometimes give too much credit to other players based on what I think their bets should mean. I would put SB on AA/KK and fold since it's early and you still have 1200 chips. Could he bet out with something like AK though - sure.

Good thoughts. I was thinking along the same lines. I had a terrilble feeling it was a big pair before the flop and even more so on the flop. But i couldn't make the lay down. It ended up being AA and i was very mad at myself afterwards.

I agree with actuary...btw, my brother is also an actuary

Everything about this hand screams of aces or kings. Queens are just a pair. I think its a fold. Actuary will call me weak-tight again...
:DI play this 1 of 2 ways:Push preflop after his second raise..Or More likely, wait for a Safe Flop and Push/call push.

hmm. I think that there is an OK chance that someone will make that 3rd raise with JJ or AK, and once they make the 3rd raise, they are clearly continu-betting this flop.I think it's a close decision, though I would probably say fold then kick myself when he flips over JJ.

Sorry to hear that.I'm hear all week.
sorry to hear what?
That your brother is an actuary...Yeah, nevermind... I suck at humour...
lol.I thought you were sorry to hear he agreed wit me!you don't suck at humour.you just suck at picking your audience!FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
lol.I thought you were sorry to hear he agreed wit me!you don't suck at humour.you just suck at picking your audience!FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
It was more intended as a shot at you and your actuariness :club: