I Made A Cardinal Mistake, Went Broke With Aa

Full Tilt Poker Game #583988892: Table Cabana - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:02:49 ET - 2006/04/21Seat 2: CrazyWithIt ($51.35)Seat 3: E-Minor ($143.40)Seat 4: Dratj ($102.65)Seat 5: niuceo ($80.35)Seat 7: IAmClutch ($148.45)Seat 8: tdawg19 ($76.65)Seat 9: vortex1227 ($120.45)niuceo posts the small blind of $0.50IAmClutch posts the big blind of $1The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dratj [Ac Ah]tdawg19 raises to $2vortex1227 foldsCrazyWithIt foldsE-Minor foldsDratj raises to $6niuceo foldsIAmClutch foldstdawg19 calls $4*** FLOP *** [6d 5h Ks]tdawg19 bets $3Dratj raises to $10tdawg19 calls $7*** TURN *** [6d 5h Ks] [Qs]tdawg19 checksDratj bets $27tdawg19 calls $27bceagle1 adds $100*** RIVER *** [6d 5h Ks Qs] [6h]tdawg19 bets $33.65, and is all inDratj calls $33.65*** SHOW DOWN ***tdawg19 shows [Kh Kd] (a full house, Kings full of Sixes)Dratj muckstdawg19 wins the pot ($151.80) with a full house, Kings full of Sixes*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $154.80 | Rake $3Board: [6d 5h Ks Qs 6h]Seat 2: CrazyWithIt didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: E-Minor didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Dratj (button) mucked [Ac Ah] - two pair, Aces and SixesSeat 5: niuceo (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 7: IAmClutch (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 8: tdawg19 showed [Kh Kd] and won ($151.80) with a full house, Kings full of SixesSeat 9: vortex1227 didn't bet (folded)I'm so stupid, I know better than to go broke with one pair . I'm posting this to help remind me to never ever do it again. I somehow convinced myself that he had AK. I'm such a donkey.

Villian played his hand well. Tough one. I don't see any blatant errors except maybe a river check which isn't helping since he is soooooooooo strong. Oh well can't see any flaming though.

um...raise a lot more pre?
nine bucks not enough? twelve then? fifteen? he still calls and now I'm even more pot committed. I should have lost less money on this hand. Lose some but not the max.
not sure why i'm in your topic. but whatever.bummer of a flop...hard to get off of on the river.- Jordan
Because sometimes you are harsh man. But this time I deserve it.

The problem with this hand is that half the time, it is AK.However, I raise more preflop, like some have said. However, it doesn't change anything. I can't find a fold in this hand, unless you have a strong read when he donks the river. Flop was fine, turn was fine. However, you're getting like 4-1 on the river call. I think he probably has AK, or KQ more than enough to make the river call profitable.- Zach

Tell me where you could possibly fold this hand. This is almost like a bad beat post. Even though I doubt it was posted with that in mind.
I don't think so, I think i should have folded this hand or lost less. it's not so much a bad beat. it's only a bad beat if all the money was in preflop.
I don't think so, I think i should have folded this hand or lost less. it's not so much a bad beat. it's only a bad beat if all the money was in preflop.
Show me a spot where you could have saved yourself from losing more..Pf: Good raise, hes not goin anywhere with KK..I'd even want to raise a bit more, but like I said, hes not folding here.Flop: Obviously need to re raise to gain information..Looks good thereTurn: Only part where I could maybe, maybe see us saving some..Maybe check there and plan to just call the river if you really think he has a set and something smells fishyRiver: Have to call now, your getting 4 to 1
*** TURN *** [6d 5h Ks] [Qs]tdawg19 checksDratj bets $27tdawg19 calls $27bceagle1 adds $100
What?..anyways, who cares. he hit a set. you should've raised more preflop and should've raised more on the flop, but it would have done nothing in this particular situation.unless he pushed all in on the turn before you acted or goes over the top for an all in on the flop, there's almost no way to fold given how the cards came out. and even then it's close. im sure there're a million more interesting hands that you've played, with far tougher decisions.

Dealt to Dratj [Ac Ah]tdawg19 raises to $2vortex1227 foldsCrazyWithIt foldsE-Minor foldsDratj raises to $6niuceo foldsIAmClutch foldstdawg19 calls $4please show me how that's a raise of $9?and you refute the idea of a bigger raise because it commits you?Um, yes. Put in money when you're guaranteed to be ahead in the hand. Give improper odds to someone attempting to crack a big pair. and check behind on turn. There's something you could've done.

Raising to 7.50 would be a pot sized raise in this situation.He raised to 6.I'd probably raise to something like 10. But whatever.If he's tight, his range is narrow enough that he'll often have a hand too big to fold. If he's loose enough to raise with stupid **** under the gun, he probably makes this call because he has a good feeling about his hand.

Yesterday i played a 200 dollar hand with just a pair of queens. (I made un necessary full house on the river.) I was playing the player a little bit as this guy was the table mainac ****** bag. (He was chatting it up bluffing a lot and calling every player fish and donkey) My point is that sometimes even with just a pair you have to go with it if you think you are right. Sometimes you will win and sometims you will go broke.There is nothing more fun that busting the table jerk.Texas Hold'em $1-$2 NL (real money), hand #394,658,016Table Erlangen, 22 Apr 2006 12:59 PM ETSeat 1: kb2727 ($87.10 in chips)Seat 2: lemo8 ($47.85 in chips)Seat 3: Doyle Mosca ($28.00 in chips)Seat 4: limitsnone ($55.00 in chips)Seat 5: BNH1977 ($123.20 in chips)Seat 6: Villian ($115.90 in chips)Seat 7: Metallan ($123.10 in chips)Seat 9: Hero [ QH,QC ] ($96.00 in chips)Seat 10: m132 ($15.65 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSlemo8 posts blind ($0.50), Doyle Mosca posts blind ($1), m132 posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPlimitsnone folds, BNH1977 folds, Villiian calls $1, Metallan folds, HERO bets $4, m132 folds, kb2727 folds, lemo8 folds, Doyle Mosca folds, Villlian calls $3.FLOP [board cards 5D,3H,5C ]Villiian bets $1.50, HERO $5, Villian bets $20, soooted calls $16.50.TURN [board cards 5D,3H,5C,6C ]supwally2 bets $90.40 and is all-in, HERO calls $70.50 and is all-in.RIVER [board cards 5D,3H,5C,6C,QS ]SHOWDOWNVillian shows [ KD,2D ]Hero shows [ QH,QC ]Villian wins $19.90, HERO wins $192.50.SUMMARYDealer: kb2727Pot: $214.40 | Rake: $2kb2727 loses $0lemo8 loses $0.50Doyle Mosca loses $1limitsnone loses $0BNH1977 loses $0Villian bets $115.90, collects $19.90, net $-96Metallan loses $0HERO bets $96, collects $192.50, net $96.50m132 loses $1

I would've checked the turn. If he had AK then he'll probably think he's best and bet on the river or make a crying call and you're behind now to KQ as well as KK and QQ. The call on the turn is terrifying and maybe this is one you could have gotten away from... I'm not saying that I could have but maybe you could have.

Dratj, in general, yes it's true that you don't want to go broke with one pair. But when that pair's AA and you get a good portion of your stack in PF, it's not necessarily a mistake.Unless, you somehow specifically picked up that villian only weak leads the flop with a big hand, you just have no reason to slow down, let alone get away from this hand. The flop raise and turn bet were both good, and the PF action was very reasonable.On the river, you only need to be ahead about 22% of the time to call and I think you're easily ahead that often here. Don't beat yourself up here. Not every pot you lose is the result of a mistake. Sometimes, you just get cold-decked and there's nothing you can do about it.