Stacked, Daniel's New Game

Does anyone know why Daniel's new game called STACKED is being delayed yet again? It was to be released April 11 but than it was pushed back to April 25 and now not until May 30, WHAT GIVES? I've been anticpating this for sometime now. I can't wait to get on-line and use its multi player systems and challenge the softwares A.I. call "Poki" If anyone has any info PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

The game is now finished I'm told and will be released on May 30th. The reason for the delays are usually software related. Doing upgrades and fixing bugs is quite a process and a lot of the process is on Sony or Microsoft's end. May 30th, though, is a solid date.

You will have to,it doesnt come out for more than a year.
FYP
  • 2 weeks later...
do we have any clue if it is released worldwide, dont make me download it
I'm also interested in this question. Is "Stacked" released worldwide? And if it is, will the release date be the same?
I'm also interested in this question. Is "Stacked" released worldwide? And if it is, will the release date be the same?
No. It won't be released on Earth until 2030. However, I have it on good authority that the Mars release date of May/30/2006 is firm. But then again who knows?
No. It won't be released on Earth until 2030. However, I have it on good authority that the Mars release date of May/30/2006 is firm. But then again who knows?
-diesim a sucker for sarcasm
The game is now finished I'm told and will be released on May 30th. The reason for the delays are usually software related. Doing upgrades and fixing bugs is quite a process and a lot of the process is on Sony or Microsoft's end. May 30th, though, is a solid date.
Is it coming out for xbox 360 or just regular xbox?

I just don't know it I could get into a play money game. It would have to have some other top shelf qualities.Hmmm wait and see

Daniel, I really hope the developers/publishers are doing something about the PR team.This may be the worst PR for a game I've seen in quite some time. The PR team needs to be a little more upfront about dates and end rumors when they start (about MTV delaying the game vs the MTT code delaying it).Heads need to roll for this.
Daniel, I really hope the developers/publishers are doing something about the PR team.This may be the worst PR for a game I've seen in quite some time. The PR team needs to be a little more upfront about dates and end rumors when they start (about MTV delaying the game vs the MTT code delaying it).Heads need to roll for this.
:club::D:D:D:):)

I'd be a lot more concerned with the people who did the interface than the PR team to be honest. Considering the number of examples they have to work off of with all the online poker sites, I find it incomprehensible that they could come up with something that terrible.I played the beta, which I had been extremely pumped up for, but in a very short amount of time I realised that the terrible interface meant I'd prefer to play Free Money at UB than Stacked, regardless of high good the AI might be (and it did seem to be quite nice).

i was going to buy the WSOP game but i heard its the same software for the crappy mobile games where the opos just call call call the whole way down
I have the WSOP game (got it on special at a price lower than I'd normally pay for the two decks of cards that came with it so I figured why not). The AI is indeed atrocious.Stackeds AI seems quite OK, I just find the interface so frustrating that its a barrier to me wanting to play the game. The interface is obviously designed for consoles, but even then its quite poor.The way it works is there are two different rates of raising the amount you want to bet, a small amount and a large amount. At the start of a tournament, the small one will be $1, so you have to count up in $1 increments. At this point you go for the larger one, which will tend to go way too high, meaning it is a total pain in the arse to do things like make a standard 3 x BB raise.The large raiser should work so that it snaps to common increments. So preflop it might go 2BB, 3BB, 4BB, Pot size, Double Pot, All in, and if you absolutely must put in some sort of strange bet size you adjust from one of those. Post flop it would go 1/3 pot, 1/2 pot, 3/4 pot, pot, etc.This seems such an abvious way to do things to me that I absolutley don't understand why it isn't done this way. Even worse, the AI seems to take how long you take to make a bet into consideration, even though it generally not actually valid time due to wrestling with the interface to achieve the desired bet size.Even worse, I'm playing on PC, which would enable the even easier method than the above by just typing the bet amount straight in, but since its an obvious console port with little attempt to adapt it that doesn't exist either.