read of the century

They will over-value both hands, but it's not a direct relationship. It shows how bad they are, and how much more likely they are to call you down with second pair. How is that hard to understand?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will over-value both hands, but it's not a direct relationship. It shows how bad they are, and how much more likely they are to call you down with second pair. How is that hard to understand?
You are being waaaay too vague here. That is what I understand. "Slowplaying" AA in a heads-up pot pre-flop will happen at an enormously higher rate than being called by 2nd pair on an ace board when I've P-F raised him. My girlfriend's dog understands this concept. This is the same dog that licks her own feet 24/7.I've already proven why betting is not good here. Nobody has been able to prove that it's good. Not you, not Smash, not WRTO. Nobody. Yet the thread still lives.It's funny how 12 of your 279 posts have been on this thread, in the last hour.

I've already proven why betting is not good here. Nobody has been able to prove that it's good. Not you, not Smash, not WRTO. Nobody. Yet the thread still lives. We've listed all the hands that would call your bet @ the river, as well show you good reason for you to believe that he may hold nothing more than a ten yet you think checking is moer favorable. I'll lose my extra 2 bets when he has A4 so I can gain my 100 bets when he has one of the hands that we've listed. You might wanna check out EV. It's pretty useful.

I've already proven why betting is not good here. Nobody has been able to prove that it's good. Not you, not Smash, not WRTO. Nobody. Yet the thread still lives. We've listed all the hands that would call your bet @ the river, as well show you good reason for you to believe that he may hold nothing more than a ten yet you think checking is moer favorable. I'll lose my extra 2 bets when he has A4 so I can gain my 100 bets when he has one of the hands that we've listed. You might wanna check out EV. It's pretty useful.
You have listed nothing. I'm the only one who has compiled a list. Wrto threw out a few hands, as did you. List every single hand he could possibly have and then tell me how much money I'll gain or lose by betting the river for each hand. It will come out as a net loss. (I've already done this in the first post on page 2 of this thread but you are unwilling to acknowlege it).Why do you have the notion that A4 is the only hand that beats me here?

Bottom line: calling this a "read" is giving yourself way too much credit and your girlfriend was right for not being impressed, but I'm sure that's not an all too rare occurence. It was a lucky guess based on no logic whatsoever, so in that respect, I'm not all that suprised you made it.If one were to "read" the situation logically, one of the last hands you'd give him credit for is A-4 as he would have already check raised you on the turn. Maybe I missed somewhere in this thread where you explain exactly how you came up with this "read".If you had a lucky feeling, great, glad it worked and you were right. But I think the wisdom that the others are trying to impart and that you are unwilling to absorb is that you will lose money in the long run playing on lucky feelings that you call "reads".The most likely hands he is holding here at this limit is anything with Ace, 8 or 10 in it. Depending on what your image was at the table(and by looking at the chat comments and reading your posts in general) I'm guessing it wasn't stellar, you're likely going to get called with hands containing any of three. And your hand beats a majority of those.V

Bottom line: calling this a "read" is giving yourself way too much credit and your girlfriend was right for not being impressed, but I'm sure that's not an all too rare occurence. It was a lucky guess based on no logic whatsoever, so in that respect, I'm not all that suprised you made it.If one were to "read" the situation logically, one of the last hands you'd give him credit for is A-4 as he would have already check raised you on the turn. Maybe I missed somewhere in this thread where you explain exactly how you came up with this "read".If you had a lucky feeling, great, glad it worked and you were right. But I think the wisdom that the others are trying to impart and that you are unwilling to absorb is that you will lose money in the long run playing on lucky feelings that you call "reads".The most likely hands he is holding here at this limit is anything with Ace, 8 or 10 in it. Depending on what your image was at the table(and by looking at the chat comments and reading your posts in general) I'm guessing it wasn't stellar, you're likely going to get called with hands containing any of three. And your hand beats a majority of those.V
Wow. First of all, keep my gf out of it. Anyone named "vginaman" obviously knows very little about women.Yes, you did miss it. Go back and re-read the entire thread before posting, please. I spelled the whole thought process out for WRTO earlier on page 1.Also, look at the first post of page 2, and I list each hand he'd play to the river, and how much I'd win or lose by betting the river. It's net negative.My image wasn't stellar? Because I asked a guy if he'd fold his king if I placed a bet? Wow. You're good. You're very good.
  • 1 month later...
bump. here's another JFarrell classic
Don't you wish you had classics that were bump-worthy?Someday, maybe you'll get there, Dawg. In the meantime, keep eatin' brat's and rooting for "Da BEARSSS!"
Yet another of my threads that won't die!I love sparking so much passion in my followers!
If by "passion" you mean "laughter" and by "followers" you mean "superiors", then yes, you do spark much passion in your followers.
Don't you wish you had classics that were bump-worthy?Someday, maybe you'll get there, Dawg. In the meantime, keep eatin' brat's and rooting for "Da BEARSSS!"
Honestly, I think you may be the dumbest mother fucker I have ever met. You lack much brain.
if the bears and brats comment ias supposed to be a dig, then you failed miserably. I'll definetly keep rooting on my beloved bears and Brats are dman good. Well I may have some classics that are bump worthy, but not for the reasons that your "classics" are bump worthy. You see I'm actually smart and a good player, and am good at poker, whereas you, well, lets just look at your "read of teh century" to show how good you are. You make my baby cousin look smart
Honestly, I think you may be the dumbest mother fucker I have ever met. You lack much brain.
Nahh, since we both live in Houston, why don't we go take an IQ test together to bury the hatchet?And we haven't met, have we? I wouldn't consider you standing in my front lawn holding a sign up that says, "JFarrell20, please help me with my poker skills", as 'meeting'.
Nahh, since we both live in Houston, why don't we go take an IQ test together to bury the hatchet?And we haven't met, have we? I wouldn't consider you standing in my front lawn holding a sign up that says, "JFarrell20, please help me with my poker skills", as 'meeting'.
Even though that is my idea of a great time, im going...to have...to pass. And I believe it was you that asked me for poker skills. Let me dig up the old PM and ill post it publicly.
Even though that is my idea of a great time, im going...to have...to pass. And I believe it was you that asked me for poker skills. Let me dig up the old PM and ill post it publicly.
please do it. I want to laugh real hard
Yeah and you helped me. You copied and pasted straight out of SSHE. Congrats. Now I have the book, too. I can't wait to paste that pre-flop chart into some newbie's PM and then rub it in his face months later.How proud you must be.

OK so I am relatively new in this forum. One thing I have noticed about most of the posts, MOST OF YOU GUYS ALWAYS PUT THE GUY ON THE ONLY HAND THAT CAN BEAT YOU!!!!!!! I thought this way for a long time. Someday you will, hopefully for you, think back at how you played certain hands in certain situations and realize how bad you played them at the time. In due time you will hopefully realize that you need to maximize the bets you gain in pots and minimize the bets you lose in pots. Example...I was playing 15/30 Limit at Bellagio. I had QQ in the BB and it was rasied up front, the button called and I called (disguising hand strength)...Flop Q 5 2 rainbow. After 11 bets on the flop, the button finally called. Turn 5, after 7 bets on the turn he called. River 4, Bet and a call. He had AQ and thought he was good. You have to punish people when you have a monster. If he had quads here good for him. Make the most out of the situation and lose the least when you have a monster but could be beat.

Yeah and you helped me. You copied and pasted straight out of SSHE. Congrats. Now I have the book, too. I can't wait to paste that pre-flop chart into some newbie's PM and then rub it in his face months later.How proud you must be.
You might want to read that chart first.
OK so I am relatively new in this forum.  One thing I have noticed about most of the posts,  MOST OF YOU GUYS ALWAYS PUT THE GUY ON THE ONLY HAND THAT CAN BEAT YOU!!!!!!!  I thought this way for a long time.  Someday you will, hopefully for you, think back at how you played certain hands in certain situations and realize how bad you played them at the time.  In due time you will hopefully realize that you need to maximize the bets you gain in pots and minimize the bets you lose in pots.  Example...I was playing 15/30 Limit at Bellagio.  I had QQ in the BB  and it was rasied up front, the button called and I called (disguising hand strength)...Flop Q 5 2 rainbow.  After 11 bets on the flop, the button finally called.  Turn 5, after 7 bets on the turn he called.   River 4, Bet and a call.  He had AQ and thought he was good.  You have to punish people when you have a monster.  If he had quads here good for him.  Make the most out of the situation and lose the least when you have a monster but could be beat.
How is failing to raise preflop with QQ in a 3-way pot maximizing your profit?You really play 15/30?
OK so I am relatively new in this forum.  One thing I have noticed about most of the posts,  MOST OF YOU GUYS ALWAYS PUT THE GUY ON THE ONLY HAND THAT CAN BEAT YOU!!!!!!!  I thought this way for a long time.  Someday you will, hopefully for you, think back at how you played certain hands in certain situations and realize how bad you played them at the time.  In due time you will hopefully realize that you need to maximize the bets you gain in pots and minimize the bets you lose in pots.  Example...I was playing 15/30 Limit at Bellagio.  I had QQ in the BB  and it was rasied up front, the button called and I called (disguising hand strength)...Flop Q 5 2 rainbow.  After 11 bets on the flop, the button finally called.  Turn 5, after 7 bets on the turn he called.   River 4, Bet and a call.  He had AQ and thought he was good.  You have to punish people when you have a monster.  If he had quads here good for him.  Make the most out of the situation and lose the least when you have a monster but could be beat.
How is failing to raise preflop with QQ in a 3-way pot maximizing your profit?You really play 15/30?
  • 1 month later...