Official World Cup Thread

Guest Guest
Personally, I'd disagree with these points. Kaka is without a doubt one of the top ten footballers in the world. He's sensational.I used to love Lampard, but I've realised that he's only so successful at Chelsea because they are always on the front foot. Playing in a side like England which routinely has it's back to the wall, he's anonymous. He's too limited a player to make things happen for his team.And Beckham, is well, Beckham. The hype makes it so hard to form a proper opinion of him. Personally I feel he's too much of a one-trick pony to be considered world class.
Your comments about Lampard I can't really understand. Firstly, go have a look at his stats for England. He's scored more than Gerrard. Second, he was voted number 2 in the world to Ronaldhino.
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
I wouldn't put riquelme in the world class category yet. He has games like he did yesterday every now and then, but he also does some dissapearing acts a fair amount in games. I would definetly put Crespo or Ayala as World Class, but not JRR just yetyou can't mention the Czechs without including (arguably) the world's best Keeper- Petr Cech. IMO, his form will end up meaning more to the Czechs then Nedved's
We were talking about mid-fielders.

I'm hooked and I can't believe it. Any possible chance I've had since Friday... I'm watching soccer.**** you Canada for not putting more money into your soccer program. This would be 100X more incredible if your own country was in it.

I'm hooked and I can't believe it. Any possible chance I've had since Friday... I'm watching soccer.**** you Canada for not putting more money into your soccer program. This would be 100X more incredible if your own country was in it.
Yesterday was by far one of the best experiences of my life....its INSANE to be in a stadium, in a Country across the world with 60,000 + of your people. Everyone is doing the same chants and celebrating the goals like you just won the lottery. My knees and back are all ****ed up right now because I would have 30 people on top of me after each goal. The 10 minutes that were left in the game after mexico scored the 3rd goal was non stop jumping and singing...I have no voice right now.
Yesterday was by far one of the best experiences of my life....its INSANE to be in a stadium, in a Country across the world with 60,000 + of your people. Everyone is doing the same chants and celebrating the goals like you just won the lottery. My knees and back are all ****ed up right now because I would have 30 people on top of me after each goal. The 10 minutes that were left in the game after mexico scored the 3rd goal was non stop jumping and singing...I have no voice right now.
Cool man! I wish I could be there in the stadium lol. I'm curious to see the pictures.

The USA's first match is in a few hours. My feeling is that they will not be as successful as the last World Cup. If they get off to a bad start in their first match it could a long and rough ride this year.

Offsite staff meeting alllll day for work....I hate, hate, hate life right now.Good luck USA. I will be dreaming of you. Nice job Mexico.Nice job Ecuador. You took the opportunity a flat Poland team gave you. That's the football you need to make the knockout stages.NED, meh.England, meh.Germany, they dominated the game and both of Costa Rica's goals were waaay against the run of play. Deutchsland looked great, better than I expected.Nice, nice, nice job Shaka Hislop and T&T. If you lose your next games 8-0, you'll all still be heroes.Argentina, meh.LET'S GO USA!!!!

Guest Guest
Offsite staff meeting alllll day for work....I hate, hate, hate life right now.Good luck USA. I will be dreaming of you. Nice job Mexico.Nice job Ecuador. You took the opportunity a flat Poland team gave you. That's the football you need to make the knockout stages.NED, meh.England, meh.Germany, they dominated the game and both of Costa Rica's goals were waaay against the run of play. Deutchsland looked great, better than I expected.Nice, nice, nice job Shaka Hislop and T&T. If you lose your next games 8-0, you'll all still be heroes.Argentina, meh.LET'S GO USA!!!!
Germany, they dominated the game and both of Costa Rica's goals were waaay against the run of play. Deutchsland looked great, better than I expected. ??????You forgot to add that Germany defended really poorly, especially the 2 centre backs.

POST!!!!!!U.S. getting a bit better chances though...I think they can tie this before half....Czech CK coming up....this could be dangerousWhat is the U.S. doing in defense......should have had that ball cleared but we passed it right back to them, and a minute later...2-0. Devastating blow.

Yea thier primary striker is what.. 6'7? Thats huge for getting above everyone on crossing passes.
I think they said he was 6' 8", but that could be exaggerated a little bit....just poor defense though, should've cleared that ball on the second goal..just dumb. Can't pass them the ball directly like that close to your own box...Giant goes down....thought he just pulled a hamstring but he looks to be in an excruciating amount of pain...........break for the U.S, but can they score at this rate?? They've had a few good chances...but don't seem to be playing very quick...Halftime: 2-0 Czech. Offense wasn't horrible..but the defense was real sh*tty......pretty disappointing.

To be honest, I thought USA looked absolutely horrible. True they were underdogs, and the Czech team is a very strong squad, but the only place USA looked even remotely competent was at midfield. Their defence was porous giving up several good chances straight through the center. They were slightly better in the offensive end, but not a real threat. If Koller hadn't gone out injured, who knows what the score line might have been. I hope they look better against Italy, because the way they're playing, they wont even beat Ghanna.

To be honest, I thought USA looked absolutely horrible. True they were underdogs, and the Czech team is a very strong squad, but the only place USA looked even remotely competent was at midfield. Their defence was porous giving up several good chances straight through the center. They were slightly better in the offensive end, but not a real threat. If Koller hadn't gone out injured, who knows what the score line might have been. I hope they look better against Italy, because the way they're playing, they wont even beat Ghanna.
Well said. The US was terrible. They played way too slow, and didn't use the flanks. When they attacked the line and brought it back they had some success with the quick cut-hard shot. THe defence was poor as well. Not pressuring on that second goal, even the first. The US has really made it hard on themselves.
Hopefully Italy and Ghana play to a 0-0 tie tonight.
This is really the only way the US can advance.

There really are two people to blame this one on: Bruce and Beasley.We came out waaaaaay too defensively the first half. Apparently the Czech Republic has a reputation for being too aggressive, and giving up goals b/c of it...that's how Greece beat them in the Euro final and I think that's what Bruce was looking to do as well. 10 mins into the 1st half, it's apparent they're not doing that. USA have control of possession against THE CZECH REPUBLIC. Sweet, except we're not a great possession team, especially when we're only playing 1 forward. I didn't get to see the 2nd half but we looked better offensively I heard, but still couldn't score.McBride and Ching need to start against Italy, and put Dempsey in for Beasley.Watch the goals come.