Official World Cup Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourites this far in my eyes..1. BrazilThey don't look impressive yet..but just wait untill they have to give it their all.2. ArgentinaThe show against Serbia was very impressive. They really play as a team and now I can see why they left players like Samuel and Zanetti at home.3. SpainLooks like they finally put the Madrid - Barcelona feud aside a little bit.

Mexico is ****ed...not only do we suck and miss every opportunity possible, but we're up vs Argentina.GG world cup.
Doesn't look good. At least we can hold hands going home when Brazil ships the US back on the same boat.
Doesn't look good. At least we can hold hands going home when Brazil ships the US back on the same boat.
As if the US will make it to the playoffs.
As if the US will make it to the playoffs.
As if Sweden has a chance in the round of 16.I'd rather make it to the quarters every other time than wet the bed every time I get out of the group.Muah.
yea the refs hurt you guys but honestly your team blew pretty hard too and most people didnt expect you to get to next round anyway so no suprises
Where are you from, Run?

live in US but born Holland. Brit citizen (ancestry in all the british isles) dad from argentina but born in Italy (so technically I am italian too). so I got a lot of teams I could root for. Holland is mine just cuz i was born there though I know very little 'bout the country

As if Sweden has a chance in the round of 16.I'd rather make it to the quarters every other time than wet the bed every time I get out of the group.Muah.
We do have a chance.1994.When did you last get to the semifinals?Whoops.
yea the refs hurt you guys but honestly your team blew pretty hard too and most people didnt expect you to get to next round anyway so no suprises
this doesnt even need to be specific to the USA. The refs have blown this tournament so far and FIFA needs to step in...I mean Essian the star of Ghana is out against Brazil, The calls in the brazil game were questionable. Zidane say out his 3rd match b/c of cards. Half of England is at risk bc of cards. Probably half the tournament is at risk. I have seen more people booked for yellows and reds in this cup then in any other cup. This tournament is about showcasing the stars and letting them play. I just really hope we dont have a World cup finals with half the players out with cards
Half of England is at risk bc of cards.
no they aren't, the cards reset after the group stages, everyone in the endland squad is at 0, same goes for everyone going into their games
no they aren't, the cards reset after the group stages, everyone in the endland squad is at 0, same goes for everyone going into their games
meant that they were..wasnt payin attentino to what i typed...but even still..watchin the cards shown this year I would be interested to see a comparison to other years...i think we will see a sharp rise

Wow...this is the most rigged sporting event I've seen in a long long time...everyone knows it. Brazil's 2nd goal was clearly an offsides, but oh no don't worry, they aren't going to call it against a 'soccer power.' This is all such bullsh*t, I love the World Cup, but I'm not even going to watch another game after this, not even the final. I don't even care who wins, they will only win because the refs wanted them to win. Ghana has been outplaying Brazil and should be only down 1-0...but the refs just put the game out of reach pretty much. F*cking retarded. F*ck World Cup.

We do have a chance.1994.When did you last get to the semifinals?Whoops.
What have you done for me lately?Besides, wasn't denying that the US was no good this WC, just wanted you to admit pre-Germany beating you that you were going to get beaten, again.

I would like to applaud Ghana's efforts. They played fantastic football, and deserve a ton of respect, despite not getting the result they wanted. Congrats.

France vs. Spain the most entertaining of the WC so far, and probably the 2nd best game after Mexico/Argentina. By far the best refereed game so far as well. All the cards ( a whole 4 of them, and not one in the 1st half) were justified. Ref did a lot of talking with the players and stopped the problems before they started.Good for France. i think they deserved this one. Replay of '98 final, here we come.