A Question For Agnostics & Atheists

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahha I thought the same exact thing.. I thought "Oh god.. Pascal's Wager" and literally shuddered with embarrassment for this guy.
What did you mean by that? My dad always brings it up.. and I think it's a rather low way of thinking.
What did you mean by that? My dad always brings it up.. and I think it's a rather low way of thinking.
Because Pascal's Wager is the most pseudo-intellectual, fallacy ridden piece of faux-philosophy out there, and when ever someone throws that out as a defense of Xianity, that person instantly loses all intellectual credibility with me.
Because Pascal's Wager is the most pseudo-intellectual, fallacy ridden piece of faux-philosophy out there, and when ever someone throws that out as a defense of Xianity, that person instantly loses all intellectual credibility with me.
Well, it's better to use Pascal's wager than to use nothing. What if it turns out that it's right?

Also, I don't agree that it's better to use Pascal's wager than nothing at all. I'd rather have someone completely void of philosophical opinion than to throw out that piece of garbage and expect me to take it seriously.

SW?
Also, I don't agree that it's better to use Pascal's wager than nothing at all. I'd rather have someone completely void of philosophical opinion than to throw out that piece of garbage and expect me to take it seriously.
Wow, you guys have been hanging out in here wayyyyyyyy too long if you don't realize that Yorke's answer was wringing wet with sarcasm.
Wow, you guys have been hanging out in here wayyyyyyyy too long if you don't realize that Yorke's answer was wringing wet with sarcasm.
yeah.. I mowed the lawn today , I get bitter and literal when I mow the lawn.
SW?
It was a joke. See, Pascal's wager basically says that it's better to believe in God than to believe in nothing because it could turn out that the idea of God is true.I joked that it was better to believe in the wager because it could turn out that the wager was valid.See what I did there?I suck at humor.
It was a joke. See, Pascal's wager basically says that it's better to believe in God than to believe in nothing because it could turn out that the idea of God is true.I joked that it was better to believe in the wager because it could turn out that the wager was valid.See what I did there?I suck at humor.
No you don't.They suck at understanding humor because they spend way too much time in this forum which is, decidedly, devoid of intentional humor.
No you don't.They suck at understanding humor because they spend way too much time in this forum which is, decidedly, devoid of intentional humor.
not true, half my posts are dripping with ironic and/or caustic humor
And yet you didn't recognize it from others. Hmmmmmm, what would Jung say about that?
that I spent all day in the yard and was in a bitter mood?or that sometimes a cigar is just a **** that I want to suck?