Great "unknown" Musicians

Victor Wooten? not sure. haha me and my buddies often blast Bela Fleck while cruising downtown as if it was some hardcore rap. funny stuff.Cale was a good friend of a good friend of mine's father.i know i know i'm amazing.uti was within like 5 minutes of meeting him though. i went over to his house one day and saw a car pulling away. i asked who left and he goes "a friend of my dad's, JJ Kyle or something.I ask if its JJ Cale, and the dad comes over and talks to me for like 30 minutes (I was 12).apparently my buddy got to meet the Guess Who and others. while i stayed home seething in jealousy:not over it face:alright, i need some content.i know its not unknown, but rick wakeman is amazing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ya6dsej-0I
YA Victor Wooten! best bass player everI stand by my original statementJJ Cale is one of the Greatest Unknown Musicianscheck it
Did ANYBODY read the title of this thread? Seriously?
"Unknown" suggests muscians that are well known in certain circles, but unknown to the general radio-listening public.
Danny GattonThis guy is probably the best guitarist you've never heard of. He absolutely rips it up, great flair for melody and an exceptional technician. He was once voted "Best Unknown" by Guitar Magazine. He has a couple of albums out, of which 88 Elmira Street is an absolute gem. A variety of styles, a couple of cool covers and an unbelievable display of guitar wizardry. He, unfortunately, commited suicide in 1994, but not before I saw him at a free show during the Montreal Jazz Fest the year before he died.If you love amazing R+B and blues guitar, go get 88 Elmira Street. You won't regret it.Konichiwa, bitches.
Hells yeah, he's good. Smokin' good. If you like him I think you will also like Joe Bonamassa, Sonny Landreth, and Chris Duarte. All good, relatively unknown musicians.Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!--RuffRidr
Hells yeah, he's good. Smokin' good. If you like him I think you will also like Joe Bonamassa, Sonny Landreth, and Chris Duarte. All good, relatively unknown musicians.Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!--RuffRidr
Chris DeYoung is coming to Toronto?My friends and I were discussing how much you'd have to pay us to sit front row at his concert. I think I'd do it for like $50, plus transportation and 3 beers.