Voice An Unpopular Opinion

Having word for word conversations 3 times in 1 hour with someone who has Alzheimers who is not a family member or friend is utterly and completely annoying.
Really wish you had posted this 3 times in 30 minutes intervals.
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a wife with fake tits is for winners, and complaining about fake tits is for losers.

my thoughts on fake tits: if i can touch 'em, they're real.

I gotta tell ya, that SuitedEssay21 guy is right about a lot of things.

Speedz is masculine.
He sure is.
If: Dink is correct in assuming this would be an unpopular opinionThen: I break the thread by knowing his opinion is fact
Heh. As if a fact would keep people from holding the opposite opinion.
As if a fact would keep people from holding the opposite opinion.
Don't bring me into this.
Having word for word conversations 3 times in 1 hour with someone who has Alzheimers who is not a family member or friend is utterly and completely annoying.
My grandmother has Alzheimers...the only way to deal with it without going crazy is to just have fun with it and realize that no matter what you do, she's not going to remember 5 minutes from now anyway. I change the story around, mess with details, add characters...none of it matters. Maybe that's mean but I don't really see it that way, no matter what anyone says it's 100% gone from memory 3-5 minutes later. Some days, like the ones where she demands to know why people are hiding her husband from her (she's had two husbands, my grandfather died when my father was 8 years old and my step-grandfather died when I was 17) are sadder than others, but at least when she's informed that her husband has been dead for many, many years she doesn't go to pieces with the knowledge...she just giggles and wonders why anyone would make a joke about a thing like that. Doesn't believe a word of what you say. Hell...she still adamantly believes that she lives at a particular address in the Bronx where she quite literally hasn't lived in 65-70 years...since WWII. You just have to make it fun for yourself, otherwise it will drive you nuts.
My grandmother has Alzheimers...the only way to deal with it without going crazy is to just have fun with it and realize that no matter what you do, she's not going to remember 5 minutes from now anyway. I change the story around, mess with details, add characters...none of it matters. Maybe that's mean but I don't really see it that way, no matter what anyone says it's 100% gone from memory 3-5 minutes later. Some days, like the ones where she demands to know why people are hiding her husband from her (she's had two husbands, my grandfather died when my father was 8 years old and my step-grandfather died when I was 17) are sadder than others, but at least when she's informed that her husband has been dead for many, many years she doesn't go to pieces with the knowledge...she just giggles and wonders why anyone would make a joke about a thing like that. Doesn't believe a word of what you say. Hell...she still adamantly believes that she lives at a particular address in the Bronx where she quite literally hasn't lived in 65-70 years...since WWII. You just have to make it fun for yourself, otherwise it will drive you nuts.
I dont know but I find this particularly sad. I guess since she doesnt realize it that its not so bad but this is one of those afflications that really needs wiping out. On the other hand I wouldnt mind going back to a point in my life where everything was a little bit more happy and managable. Things are good now but when Im old I guess living in another time couldnt be so bad. I guess it depends on current vs past situations. Nice to see you have a good relationship with your Grandmother though.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Community isn't funny.
I used to realllly like it. Now it makes me sad.Also, I'm actually down to only Curb, Sunny, and MF and I can bear to watch on a weekly basis. (among comedies. I still like a couple reality shows.)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You know how black women these days wear wigs? I don't know if it's just easier or more comfortable or something, but they braid their hair into tiny cornrows close to their head, and then they stick a wig on top. Every day they can wear a different readymade hair style, but they all look like the cheap, plasticky wigs you'd see on a mannequin in a store window.

Well someday I'd like to seduce a black woman. I haven't done so yet, not deliberately but it just so happens that I've only done white and asian chicks in the past. But I'd like to seduce a black woman at some point in the future, one that wears one of these obviously unnatural looking wigs. I'd like to get her into bed, preferably with her on top, and just at the heat of the moment when she least suspects it I want to rip that wig off her head. Just to see how she reacts.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...