Amarillo Slim Division

sorry to make the division a little less interesting guys.
Hey, it works for me.And Alf, I need a 2 game lead on you going into the final week anyways to be able to lose that game. If I have a 1 game lead and lose, you win HU tiebreaker anyways.So in short, go Yangsters!
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it works for me.And Alf, I need a 2 game lead on you going into the final week anyways to be able to lose that game. If I have a 1 game lead and lose, you win HU tiebreaker anyways.So in short, go Yangsters!
Well, if you win..you absolutely possitively without a doubt DESERVE it. I am playing well but running bad...I am elated to not play for the next two weeks.It is up to my teammates to make our match (and up to you blowing a game) for our match to be a big one.Fake GL the rest of the way to you Zim. Much respect.

Obviously I've been running well in these matches, but I think I'm playing my top game. In my last match, my opponent flopped top two, trips, top two, and bottom two all in 4 hands. I was down early about 2400-600, but battled back to win. Watching some of yours and Checky's matches, I think I've been running the best in our division. However, I haven't really had any big suckouts by me or against me to this point.

Obviously I've been running well in these matches, but I think I'm playing my top game. In my last match, my opponent flopped top two, trips, top two, and bottom two all in 4 hands. I was down early about 2400-600, but battled back to win. Watching some of yours and Checky's matches, I think I've been running the best in our division. However, I haven't really had any big suckouts by me or against me to this point.
I have railed you the last few weeks, and you may be running well...but you are also playing well.Like I said...you deserve it.

I must have a horse shoe up my ***. (No matter how unlucky I was in my recent matches)Would ya know it?EVERYBODY LOST!My team is in the same 6th spot.Very simple now...what is the cliche? "Control your own destiny"

Well, we've definately clawed our way back into contention. What I would give to have back a couple of those tough losses which I'm sure checky knows all too well. There is a 7 way tie for the last playoff spot so winning out will be a must and still not guarantee anything. Amazingly close.Me and Alf's team is a huge match this week.

Well, we've definately clawed our way back into contention. What I would give to have back a couple of those tough losses which I'm sure checky knows all too well. There is a 7 way tie for the last playoff spot so winning out will be a must and still not guarantee anything. Amazingly close.Me and Alf's team is a huge match this week.
Yep, elimination game this week between you two.

Well, it appears that I am taking over for the rest of the season. I'm not even sure how many games are left. But, my real question is.............if I win them all does that put me in the play offs. I'm sure there must be some variables in there. Like someone has to lose here and there, etc. You guys seem to be following this pretty close. So in a sportsman like way, just tell me what I need to do in order to win this whole thing. And can it be done? If so, what would need to happen? Thanks.Steve

Well, it appears that I am taking over for the rest of the season. I'm not even sure how many games are left. But, my real question is.............if I win them all does that put me in the play offs. I'm sure there must be some variables in there. Like someone has to lose here and there, etc. You guys seem to be following this pretty close. So in a sportsman like way, just tell me what I need to do in order to win this whole thing. And can it be done? If so, what would need to happen? Thanks.Steve
Steve, I'd say you have a slim to nil chance of making the playoffs right now. Basically you have to win out to have any chance, and even then, 8-7 might not be good enough to get in. Just win out and hope for the best basically. Or, if you want to default next week that'll be fine by me :club:

Zim is just trying to discourage you so he can take an easy win next week.You gotta win out Steve to have a chance...so it is very important that you beat Zim this week.

steve, we have a VERY slim shot at the playoffs, if we win out. even if we do win out, we need a lot of teams to lose, and against the right teams, too.

The poker gods hate my team.BigYang had the lead most of the match against stevepd...but stevepd managed to keep clawing back and then managed to get a 2780 to 220 lead...a few double ups preflop and soon they were even again...then in anti-climactic fashion..they are basically even in chips in the crap shoot stage...and they get it allin with Yang holding JJ and stevepd holding AQ...of course..stevepd can't win a coin flip and Alf's Room is basically done barring major help.I will play out the year and try to cosmetically enhance my personal record.BigYang..you played great, you deserved it.

Well, it's a close race once again. Yangsters are only one behind now after Checky's Friend beat me in Week 13.PoppinFresh, come through in Week 14 for me bro.

Well, it's a close race once again. Yangsters are only one behind now after Checky's Friend beat me in Week 13.PoppinFresh, come through in Week 14 for me bro.
phew, thanks to steve and sorry once again to both you and steve for the scheduling mess we all endured. i was looking at the wildcard page, and it seems that we've actually got a decent shot at the playoffs now if we win out. there are 4 wildcard spots from each conference, yes? if we do win out, that means the yangsters lose to us and puts us above them in the pecking order, and then our biggest worry is oh you call i call? losing to da bears and team canada, two very good teams. most of the other 6-7 teams going 1-1 isn't an unreasonable proposition, considering everyone's record thus far, and we've got tiebreakers (if we win out) over many of them, except alf's room, who's in the same sort of boat as us.this really is a dogfight, jesus. if zim is the only amarillo slim rep in the playoffs, it'll really be a shame--our division and puggy pearson are the only two divisions in the league where everyone has a legitimate shot at the playoffs with two weeks to go.
phew, thanks to steve and sorry once again to both you and steve for the scheduling mess we all endured. i was looking at the wildcard page, and it seems that we've actually got a decent shot at the playoffs now if we win out. there are 4 wildcard spots from each conference, yes? if we do win out, that means the yangsters lose to us and puts us above them in the pecking order, and then our biggest worry is oh you call i call? losing to da bears and team canada, two very good teams. most of the other 6-7 teams going 1-1 isn't an unreasonable proposition, considering everyone's record thus far, and we've got tiebreakers (if we win out) over many of them, except alf's room, who's in the same sort of boat as us.this really is a dogfight, jesus. if zim is the only amarillo slim rep in the playoffs, it'll really be a shame--our division and puggy pearson are the only two divisions in the league where everyone has a legitimate shot at the playoffs with two weeks to go.
sorry to rain on your parade checky, but only 2 wild cards from each conference. :club:
The poker gods hate my team.BigYang had the lead most of the match against stevepd...but stevepd managed to keep clawing back and then managed to get a 2780 to 220 lead...a few double ups preflop and soon they were even again...then in anti-climactic fashion..they are basically even in chips in the crap shoot stage...and they get it allin with Yang holding JJ and stevepd holding AQ...of course..stevepd can't win a coin flip and Alf's Room is basically done barring major help.I will play out the year and try to cosmetically enhance my personal record.BigYang..you played great, you deserved it.
yeah, without a doubt the toughest match i've played. I had him down so many times and he kept clawing back. I got lucky when I got down low. It was an hour long match so that says alot as well, it came down to a coin flip which i won.zimmer was saying how it was virtually impossible for him to lose the division but, as they say, it ain't over till it's over. He's got a 1 game lead with 2 to go, but i'd win the tiebreaker with him so my little buddy better not lose, heh.

Zimmer clinches the division as his secret weapon has gone 2-0 in important games....I continued my comedy show this week and completed the total collapse of Alf's Room.It seems that my regular game happens to be alot like looshle's and we played a rather fast and maniacal match...each of us raised about 95% of the pots on the button. His cards were a little better than mine, I got dealt only one cooler though and he somehow checked the nutflush to me on the river...and I of course bet...raise..i call...bye bye more chips (guess what I had...lol)Final hand I raise it with K8...flop comes 862..bet... raise...I make him for a weaker 8...we get it allin..he has 86...sayonara. Come to think of it...maybe my dumb *** shouldn't have tried to run him over...lol.CONGRATULATIONS ZIMMER.

Thanks Alf. Real tough division, and I'm very happy to come out on top of it. Alf, you've got a chance to knock me down a couple seeds next week, so bring it.

Thanks Alf. Real tough division, and I'm very happy to come out on top of it. Alf, you've got a chance to knock me down a couple seeds next week, so bring it.
Actually..you are pretty much locked into your spot. But I will bring it...

BTW Zim...can we play during this week?I don't think I will be available on Sunday...Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are bad for me this week.I can play any other day at any time.

I think Monday should be fine for me if you want to play then. I think there are some implications next week possibly, so I'm definitely looking to win to get a better seed.

I think Monday should be fine for me if you want to play then. I think there are some implications next week possibly, so I'm definitely looking to win to get a better seed.
Monday? as in today? I can do that....Next Monday...I can do that as well.

Announcements