Amarillo Slim Division

this is true, and indeed strange. i just played a few 20 dollar ones, and they were a ton tougher than the 50/100s i've been practicing at.
....says checky.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

I can't say I agree. I think the $10 $20 on FCP are a cakewalk as you guys found out as well. I ripped off 10 straight the other day, but at the $50 i've run into much tougher competition. I've only played about 10 of the $50's so it's not a big sample though. I think both of our games will be very interesting though and cards will be a huge factor.

Ha, that was me.
I also ripped off 10 straight when I lost my mind the other day...and all of a sudden the competition changed...There a few players that play that level it seems because they are competition junkies...those guys don't want to lose..and will make things difficult.
I also ripped off 10 straight when I lost my mind the other day...and all of a sudden the competition changed...There a few players that play that level it seems because they are competition junkies...those guys don't want to lose..and will make things difficult.
Yeah, I agree, you'll be cruising through a bunch of easy games and come across a real player now and then. I had a couple of real long matches, that were really tough.
whats up with all this kissing and hugging? "ur a fav, no ur a fav, no ur a fav"Amarillo slim division is going soft...i cant wait to see u guys in the playoffs.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 teams from this division in the playoffs. We're all just that good.

In the fashion of Mr. Negreanu."Coming into week 2, Team Zimmer is 1-0 after a tough battle vs. the Rookie for Yangsters last week. The star for Team Zimmer, Zimmer4141 battled through a tough hangover during his week 1 match. Throughout the week, he has suffered minor injuries from tennis, including a sore back and mental fatigue, but will be in the lineup for Week 2 against Alf, leaving PoppinFresh and Pupsta on the bench. Zimmer4141 says he will be practicing throughout the week, and preparing by going to bed early on Saturday night.""Alf's Room travels to Team Zimmer on Week 2 carrying a 1-0 record following a short match vs. the Captain, but 3rd stringer for Checky and Friends, CheckymcFold, who carries 2 pros on his team. Alf has been preparing by playing $10 HU matches on the FCP site, and feels they provide a good amount of practice for Zimmer. Both sides have placed trash talk on the backburner for now, as both opponents have mutual respect for each other. However, with 2 days until the match, there is still time for a pre-match scuffle before what is widely considered the FCPHUL Game of the Week.""Also in Slim Division action, Checky and Friends battles Yangsters in the battle of the basement teams, both at 0-1. Will Checky make an executive decision and place Steve7Stud or Gank in the match? We already know the Yangsters ace BigYang0 (Randy Reed) will be firing on Sunday. The winner of this match will place themselves back in the division hunt, while the loser will be in a rough 0-2 hole."

lol...now that would be impressive. :club:
is it even possible? its kinda beyond your reach, with all the other teams, i guess you could go all like 13-3, but that would be tough...
Guest Guest

Probably be better to set more realistic goals, like getting one of your teams in your division to have more wins than losses. That's something to shoot for that you guys might actually have a shot at.Good luck.

Probably be better to set more realistic goals, like getting one of your teams in your division to have more wins than losses. That's something to shoot for that you guys might actually have a shot at.Good luck.
Well, we only have to play 6 games against the tough in-division opponents, and we have 4 very good teams for playing out of division. I would be willing to make a prop bet at this point that at least 2 teams from our division will have an above 500 record.

Well..Alf's room leads the division with a 2-0 record...Zimmer played good but made two big mistakes that i capitalized on..My big hands got paid off because of what had occured during the match.A very good match technically..Both players seemed content to play alot of flops, and position seemed to dominate.Zimmer played great...I played pretty good too..Good match Zim.

Well..Alf's room leads the division with a 2-0 record...Zimmer played good but made two big mistakes that i capitalized on..My big hands got paid off because of what had occured during the match.A very good match technically..Both players seemed content to play alot of flops, and position seemed to dominate.Zimmer played great...I played pretty good too..Good match Zim.
Thanks Alf. Like I said, I think I held over you in most of the small pots, but got too aggressive with top pair, and thought you were bluffing more than you did. I should've kept playing smallball, but you were able to trap me into 2 huge mistakes which I fell for. Overall a good game, I look forward to a rematch. Now I have 2 weeks of out of division play, which will be a good break before facing Checky in Week 5.
Thanks Alf. Like I said, I think I held over you in most of the small pots, but got too aggressive with top pair, and thought you were bluffing more than you did. I should've kept playing smallball, but you were able to trap me into 2 huge mistakes which I fell for. Overall a good game, I look forward to a rematch. Now I have 2 weeks of out of division play, which will be a good break before facing Checky in Week 5.
Your original instinct was correct... :club: I just happened to have it when you played back in those two spots..a benefit of being active. I thought I was going to need at least TP/TK at sometime to make the style I was playing..pay off.I got bottom two pair and trip 8's..in that sense I was lucky...that I got dealt a hand when I had already projected a LAG image.I would put our match up against anybody elses for it's skill level and technical correctness. We put on a show...good thing it ended at the 15/30 level and didn't go into the 25/50 crapshoot LAG/PUSH fest stage.
I would put our match up against anybody elses for it's skill level and technical correctness. We put on a show...good thing it ended at the 15/30 level and didn't go into the 25/50 crapshoot LAG/PUSH fest stage.
All that "correctness" and "skill" will be useless against a donkey like me...HEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWW
All that "correctness" and "skill" will be useless against a donkey like me...HEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWW
I am actually trembling at that thought...A donkey HU is a very dangerous opponent. But the Donkey has to be an uber aggressive donkey to be a very tough opponent..if he is passive..he ceases to become a "dangerous" donkey..and then becomes a fish.I should write a book about this.

I'm still a little sore over my match last week. It went 33 minutes and I was down all except the first 5 minutes. It's tough to be aggressive and bluff when you only have 3 to 5 hundred chips. I battled back to about 1000 3 times and then lost it right back. None of my good hands held up, especially the KK where checky called with 6T and flopped a straight. AK,AQ nothing would hit and he'd come over the top after catching a part of the flop. Like I said, it was brutal and I held on as long as I could but just didn't hit the flops. I'm doing a Daniel though and taking the next 2 weeks off.

OK, so we are heading into week 3 and can spread the beatings around the divisions a little bit here. I play GWCGWC's Lost Leader team, so expect Team Zimmer to get an easy win to go to 2-1 after this week. :club:

Well..we are a little more bunched up this week..Stevepd got cold decked in one hand that he never recovered from..The hand played like aces or kings and it was damn near imposible to fold that two pair on the flop...(cowboy had top set)Brocolli was catching cards and playing well..a good combination. alf1380 returns to the starting lineup on monday night to boost Alf's Room's record to 3-1..then a new shooter will be in for the next two games...Congrats cowboy..you played well...next time...fold 87off to a 4xBB raise...will ya? Thanks. :club:

Well, team Zimmer is down to 1-2 after getting coolered about 4 times against Lost Leader. TPTK to bottom set, set to straight, etc... Zimmer4141 will keep on playing, and try to get back to .500 before the showdown with Checky in Week 5.

Well, team Zimmer is down to 1-2 after getting coolered about 4 times against Lost Leader. TPTK to bottom set, set to straight, etc... Zimmer4141 will keep on playing, and try to get back to .500 before the showdown with Checky in Week 5.
IMPORTANT GAME.Loser will be in a tough spot early...(division championship wise)

Announcements