SH (4handed) 1/2Table is playing very aggressive. Villain is multitabling stud and two full ring NL2/4 games. only been here for two orbits.Fold to me in SB with A10o, I complete, BB raises to 12, i call.flop:Q 9 8 raindbowI check, BB bets 25, I raise to 75.

Seems kind of risky without reads, but its hard to fault you for the plat. You're putting in 75 to win 50, but that is a flop that could definately scare him and his overbet may be a weak hand that is trying to win right away. You're main problem is being out of position, which is why I might fold and move on to the next hand. Out of curiousity, what are you planning to do on the turn if he calls?

I say no. These battle of blinds are tough and I sometimes get myself into trouble like this. My thinking for No is that you do not have many outs if he calls. It is a draw heavy board so even if you have the better hand, he might call with a draw. Also, this board hits a lot of hands and you really missed.I would fold, but I play a little weak-tight in the blinds. You hopehe folds, but if he calls, do you plan on firing on the turn if a blank hits? And how much? I ask because I lose the most money in OOP bluffs like this when I do no give up.

You have been hitting some very interesting points and giving away some secrets that novice NL players don't really worry about. I'm referring to the amt. of tables the opponent is playing.I like the play a lot. He's probably folding everything but AA, KK, or a set. Since u have the A probability of AA is not as likely. We have a gutter and our ace may be live. I say yes yes yes.

You have been hitting some very interesting points and giving away some secrets that novice NL players don't really worry about. I'm referring to the amt. of tables the opponent is playing.I like the play a lot. He's probably folding everything but AA, KK, or a set. Since u have the A probability of AA is not as likely. We have a gutter and our ace may be live. I say yes yes yes.
I was hoping to hear a defense for yes. So, I guess is the point that he is multi-tabling/just-sat-down that he does not have good reads and will likely avoid confrontation? Can you expand a little on the thinking?Are you saying he is folding AQ or QJ? Also, I feel he would call with 2-pair, but what do i know. BY you're logic(only calling with set, etc.) is your line for the rest of the hand to check-fold? I would love to get either your thoughts or Scott's on any ideas for the rest of the hand. What if an Ace hits on turn? Are we good?Oh, and nice avatar...
That's what I was thinking mostly. I discounted AA because I had one Ace and I thought AK, AJ any PP were going to fold. If I was called, I had 7 outs as I would assume my ace is live. Given his raising range with me limping on the button, my range for him is Ax, K8+, PP+66, JQ, q10. and everyone of these bets is firing on the flop no matter what hits. Against the hands I beat, I get an immediate $50 profit. at 100%.Against the baby pairs and whiffed AK, AJ K10, kj, i think i get a fold against this player. and make an immediate $50 profit. Against Big PP's, I think i freeze AA, KK about 1/2 of the time and maybe get a free river about 1/4 of the time. Against KK, I'm going to take the pot 15% of the time if I get to see the turn, and 28% of the time if I get to see both cards.Question to the group: what does k9, k8 do here?
Why do you just limp in with A-10 in the SB?As for the flop, I would fold. Just too connected for me to move on without know how the other player plays.
Why would you raise? I know why I limped, but I think it's more productive if when you pose a question, you put a reason behind it.
I was hoping to hear a defense for yes. So, I guess is the point that he is multi-tabling/just-sat-down that he does not have good reads and will likely avoid confrontation? Can you expand a little on the thinking?
Ok. First off by checking the number of tables that a player is on and what games they are playing you can learn about your opponent. His bankroll, his level of play, etc. These players tend to avoid serious confrontation with seriously strong hands. Multitabling is great and I do it as well but there is a problem with getting reads and missing bets. A solid player who posts in NL strat recently posted a hand where he missed a bet on the turn simply due to multitabling and this in turn really made his river decision difficult. Also the villian has no reads on Scott either and may be making a statement about limping into his blind. Thus Scott is exploiting this.
Are you saying he is folding AQ or QJ? Also, I feel he would call with 2-pair, but what do i know. BY you're logic(only calling with set, etc.) is your line for the rest of the hand to check-fold?
AQ is a possible call but it would pain the villian to make it thus he may want to avoid confrontation. QJ will be tossed as well. Of course if he has TJ he is not going anywhere. He comes over the top of our raise on the flop and I fold. Otherwise if he calls the raise my line is to look for my miracle jack or possibly and ace and not get too much more involved.
I would love to get either your thoughts or Scott's on any ideas for the rest of the hand. What if an Ace hits on turn? Are we good?
I would have to think so. AK is droppin on the raise as is AJ. AQ would be there if he can call the flop raise.
Oh, and nice avatar...
Thanks
I like the play a lot. He's probably folding everything but AA, KK, or a set.Yeah he's folding a Jack for sure.Oh wait.Good luck.
Ok i'll bite why isn't he folding a jack oh great one
Ok i'll bite why isn't he folding a jack oh great oneI'm dyslexic.He's unlikely to fold TJ though.My mistake.Good luck.
Yeah he's probably sticking around w/ TJ :club:
I was hoping to hear a defense for yes. So, I guess is the point that he is multi-tabling/just-sat-down that he does not have good reads and will likely avoid confrontation? Can you expand a little on the thinking?Are you saying he is folding AQ or QJ? Also, I feel he would call with 2-pair, but what do i know. BY you're logic(only calling with set, etc.) is your line for the rest of the hand to check-fold? I would love to get either your thoughts or Scott's on any ideas for the rest of the hand. What if an Ace hits on turn? Are we good?Oh, and nice avatar...
Definately my thinking here as far as him willing to defend a marginal hand or get out of line. I am saying that his hand range is much winder than AQ, jq, kk. There are a lot of bluffable hands that he raises a SB limper that autobbet the flop but can not stand a reraise. if I actually do run into a big hand, I have a chance to win a huge pot if my str8 hits or even if I hit my an A.I don't think he calls w/ two pair, but rather pushes at which case I dump the hand. For the rest of the hand, if called, I got into check/see what happens mode. if he bets small, I may peel the river, but I'm really hoping to see two cards against a big hand.

I would raise A-10o pre-flop because:1. I'm out of position the rest of the hand.2. It's very likely I have the best hand now.3. I define my hand and his hand better than limp/calling the raise.4. I could fold.

I would raise A-10o pre-flop because:1. I'm out of position the rest of the hand.2. It's very likely I have the best hand now.3. I define my hand and his hand better than limp/calling the raise.4. I could fold.
Funny: The reasons I decided not to raise1. I'm out of position the rest of the hand.2. I don't define my hand.Mostly number one tho. I'm going to raise and be forced to continue to fire at this pot OOP. I will say, that the limp was more of a change of gears than normal. I raise preflop a good amount of the time.
Funny: The reasons I decided not to raise1. I'm out of position the rest of the hand.2. I don't define my hand.Mostly number one tho. I'm going to raise and be forced to continue to fire at this pot OOP. I will say, that the limp was more of a change of gears than normal. I raise preflop a good amount of the time.
with you in limping here. I am not a fan of raising oop with something like Ace-10 unless I know villain to be a weak opponent. I like seeing a cheap flop here.since you're oop, Scotty, are you firing if you whiff the turn? If so, how much?edit: that is if he simply calls your check raise.
with you in limping here. I am not a fan of raising oop with something like Ace-10 unless I know villain to be a weak opponent. I like seeing a cheap flop here.since you're oop, Scotty, are you firing if you whiff the turn? If so, how much?edit: that is if he simply calls your check raise.
For the rest of the hand, if called, I got into check/see what happens mode. if he bets small, I may peel the river, but I'm really hoping to see two cards against a big hand.I consider 4 tabling with one game being stud, weak in a SH game. Therefore, the C/R is just made thinking that his range has a number of hands that can't call the flop.

I'm sorry but this is a donk play.You complete then call his raise to 6X the BB. This smells of implied odds hand (ie small pp, suited ace,) and yet you are weaker.The flop almost certainly doesn't connect as he expects the SB to raise into the BB with JT and Probably puts you on T9/T8.You didn't provide stack sizes, but if you have 150-200 more, you fold to all-in. Villain has a risk-free push if he has a pair of 9's or better.

SH (4handed) 1/2Table is playing very aggressive. Villain is multitabling stud and two full ring NL2/4 games. only been here for two orbits.Fold to me in SB with A10o, I complete, BB raises to 12, i call.flop:Q 9 8 raindbowI check, BB bets 25, I raise to 75.
I'm sorry but this is a donk play.You complete then call his raise to 6X the BB. This smells of implied odds hand (ie small pp, suited ace,) and yet you are weaker.The flop almost certainly doesn't connect as he expects the SB to raise into the BB with JT and Probably puts you on T9/T8.You didn't provide stack sizes, but if you have 150-200 more, you fold to all-in. Villain has a risk-free push if he has a pair of 9's or better.
I don't know if I exactly follow your post. (More I don't get the gist of what you're trying to say. If Iunderstand it correctly....)you hit on something that I was suprised nobody else hit on. The 6x's the BB bet. What do you make of this besides either a steal or some one who really doesn't wanna see a flop? Not sure what you mean by me being weaker. not sure what you mean by doesn't connect as he expects, or whey he would put me on t9, t8. Regardless, do we think his hand is strong enough to even move against that?His stack was $200 and I was deeper. And yes, i fold to an all in because I'm behind. and probably by a lot. Clearly he has a push if he has 99 or QQ, jj and tt does not push at this.

You'd know better than me how this guy plays, but if I were in this situation, I couldn't think of any Qx/JT/99/88 that you would complete then call a large raise with.You must have some small pp or Ax suited (which certainly makes the c/r on the flop.) I push. You fold. Too transparent for me. If you raised to even 6 preflop you have more room to work with.

I don't know if I exactly follow your post. (More I don't get the gist of what you're trying to say. If Iunderstand it correctly....)you hit on something that I was suprised nobody else hit on. The 6x's the BB bet. What do you make of this besides either a steal or some one who really doesn't wanna see a flop? Not sure what you mean by me being weaker. not sure what you mean by doesn't connect as he expects, or whey he would put me on t9, t8. Regardless, do we think his hand is strong enough to even move against that?His stack was $200 and I was deeper. And yes, i fold to an all in because I'm behind. and probably by a lot. Clearly he has a push if he has 99 or QQ, jj and tt does not push at this.
You'd know better than me how this guy plays, but if I were in this situation, I couldn't think of any Qx/JT/99/88 that you would complete then call a large raise with.You must have some small pp or Ax suited (which certainly makes the c/r on the flop.) I push. You fold. Too transparent for me. If you raised to even 6 preflop you have more room to work with.
jq, jt (which I'm not trying to sell), kq, 99, 88, 89,910, A9, A8. I'm also talking about someone who will need to play weak tight by the nature and variety of games he's mutlitabling right now.I'm gonna throw this out there now: This hand ends up getting to shodown. villain calls the flop raise with A7 suited. thoughts on this? I was a little taken aback by this. I thought AK or a small pp would have folded in this spot. But yet, i see A7 call.

Let me put it to you this way:You post here to try to analyze the hand and gain insight from other players.The guy who called with A7 is working for a management consulting firm in Chicago and plays poker before he falls asleep. He has no time to meet chicks and doesn't talk about poker strategy with anyone.

jq, jt (which I'm not trying to sell), kq, 99, 88, 89,910, A9, A8. I'm also talking about someone who will need to play weak tight by the nature and variety of games he's mutlitabling right now.I'm gonna throw this out there now: This hand ends up getting to shodown. villain calls the flop raise with A7 suited. thoughts on this? I was a little taken aback by this. I thought AK or a small pp would have folded in this spot. But yet, i see A7 call.