You Just Won A 10,000 Poker Voucher! What Do You Do?

You have $10K. You only have one choice!  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick if you could for $10K?

• A day long one on one instruction with Daniel?
    • A Main Event entry to the WSOP

no offense to daniel but id love to try the main event and get lucky
Ditto, I could really use the money and making a cash in the main event would make me very satisfied.

I really don't believe you could learn very much from just one day of lessons, no matter how good they are. Most poker skill comes from experience and knowing what to do in very specific situations. Lessons can only give you so much so I would take the shot at $10million+.

No offense to Daniel, but anyone choosing option #1 hates money. At least sell the voucher if it is transferable and you don't think you have a chance of cashing at the ME. Hell, even if you think you have no chance of cashing, play in the big show, this is poker and you love it. Maybe you end up at DN's table anyways and get some lessons in the heat of battle.Monty

Okay, for those inclined to take the lessons, here is an alternative. Trade the 10k voucher to DN for 8-9.5k and lessons. That should approximate his hourly rate at cash games over the past two years. You get the lessons and can enter a 1.5k to 2k event at the WSOP or anywhere else or pocket the cash.Monty

Poker Lesson.. With the main event going to have more than 7000 people, the odds are against you on even finishing in the money.. I would take the lesson and use it every day to improve my game and to build a bankroll that could afford muiltiple buy in's at 10k... Plus if you want to be lucky hit a qualifier or two. The entries are short term, the lesson is long term.

Option C) Deposit on PartyPoker and TP/MM

Poker Lesson.. With the main event going to have more than 7000 people, the odds are against you on even finishing in the money.. I would take the lesson and use it every day to improve my game and to build a bankroll that could afford muiltiple buy in's at 10k... Plus if you want to be lucky hit a qualifier or two. The entries are short term, the lesson is long term.
The odds of winning don't matter except in terms of what it costs you to play. If you can't turn the voucher into cash, then basically your decision is between:a) A day of lesson with DNB) A freeroll at being 10-1 to win $12,000-$7.5 million dollar.I'd love some lesson from DN, but option B is killer.Monty
Can I cash in the voucher to eat Kathy Liebert's furry yum yum box?
Well since you are probably the first and only in line, why give the 10k or the lesson up?
The odds of winning don't matter except in terms of what it costs you to play. If you can't turn the voucher into cash, then basically your decision is between:a) A day of lesson with DNB) A freeroll at being 10-1 to win $12,000-$7.5 million dollar.I'd love some lesson from DN, but option B is killer.Monty
Ok when you wager the entry and win nothing what do you have left, your little bankroll. Wouldnt you want to take a lesson from a top pro and improve your game and put off the main event for a year or two and when you EARNED a seat and have the confidence to make a true run at it. Not to mention the skills to win other tourneys at lower limits with the skills and knowledge you may have obtained from the lesson?
Well since you are probably the first and only in line, why give the 10k or the lesson up?Ok when you wager the entry and win nothing what do you have left, your little bankroll. Wouldnt you want to take a lesson from a top pro and improve your game and put off the main event for a year or two and when you EARNED a seat and have the confidence to make a true run at it. Not to mention the skills to win other tourneys at lower limits with the skills and knowledge you may have obtained from the lesson?
I refer to one of my previous posts (if the voucher is transerable), you are better off dickering with DN than giving up the whole thing. Obviously it depends on how many hours of instruction a "day's lesson" with DN provides.If DN can provide evidence that over the past, say, 2 years, he has an hourly rate that yields 10k per 8 hours and that the instructions would be 8 hours, then dickering would be futile. But if his mean hourly rate is less, and the voucher is transferrable, etc.Bottom line though...If you have any confidence in your poker playing skills, and don't consider yourself an underdog to the field of the ME, how can you possibly give up a freeroll to be 10-1 for 12k-millions?Monty
:club: Wow. I can honestly say I did not consider that an option. Is there something wrong with me?

Those are both -EV choices and poor bankroll management :-P I'd keep at the SHNL tables and bump up to a higher blind/buyin

if you can learn a thing or two from dn, and play mid limits and above, the lessons will probably make you more money over time. the ME is a minefield.
Pretty much why I picked the lesson as well. I think it's a very tough choice though!

Lessons. I am a long term thinker. An intensive day of instruction would be awesome. I also would prepare before having the lessons by writing down all of the scenarios that I can think of and what I did. I would love to have someone like Daniel analyze them with me and show me the stupid things I did and the not so stupid things but not so smart. The main event for me would be the equivilent of playing the lottery. I know I need some serious help first. I am deluded to think I would be the perect woman for a cute guy like Layne Flack. I am not deluded to think that I am good enough and lucky enough to make money at the ME.

I honestly threw up in my mouth a little bit when I read this. Not something I needed to visualize.I think I have to go for the lesson with DN. It has to be at least an 18 hr. lesson though. It's a close one. I'm a long run thinker like Theresa.