anyone else have this problem?

Ok so I've built up my bankroll and it's currently at $700. So i have enough to play $1-2 and the $25 max nl. I don't need any of this money for bills or anything, but for some reason I just can't stand being down more than like $30 on the day....it irks me. So I usually drop down to $0.50 -$1 and $10 max nl. I just can't get over this psychological barrier.....any help?

I love the excitement and the psychology of it....I hate losing maybe that's why it bothers me so much! I just don't understand b/c honestly this money means nothing (in the sense that I started with a $35 investment, and don't need this money for bills) yet it still bugs me!

Ok so I've built up my bankroll and it's currently at $700. So i have enough to play $1-2 and the $25 max nl. I don't need any of this money for bills or anything, but for some reason I just can't stand being down more than like $30 on the day....it irks me. So I usually drop down to $0.50 -$1 and $10 max nl. I just can't get over this psychological barrier.....any help?
Actually, if you can multitable better then I can, you're better off doing several smaller tables at once, then one bigger table.

Ok so I've built up my bankroll and it's currently at $700. So i have enough to play $1-2 and the $25 max nl. I don't need any of this money for bills or anything, but for some reason I just can't stand being down more than like $30 on the day....it irks me. So I usually drop down to $0.50 -$1 and $10 max nl. I just can't get over this psychological barrier.....any help?Play more hands per session.The more hands you play, the less likely it is you'll have a down session.If you're a winning player.

Forget that stuff, I was down 45 dollars last night at $10 max-buyin NL tables, Ran into Aces with KK and QQ 5 times in 90 minutes.You can't let it affect you, thats the whole reason you play within your bankroll, you can afford these swings.Just DONT let it bother you... get over it... go to a lower limit if you have to, the money can't be money at the table, you have to be able to play correctly.Being down 30 dollars at the limit your playing is normal, don't tilt when your down 30 or whatever, its just a swing man.

Thats why they call it gambling and not banking. Start to accept some losses and don't let them hold you back from tapping into the larger money out there to be won. Even the most seasoned professional has to deal with a loss in the log book now and then.

I don't need any of this money for bills or anything, but for some reason I just can't stand being down more than like $30 on the day....it irks me.
I think for many players, they focus more on the amounts they win or lose than on how much money that is in relation to their bankroll. In other words, a $1000 loss in an adequate bankroll for 15-30 hold em is less on a percentage basis than losing $400 in a 4-8 game. But if you're working your way up that ladder, the first time you lose that amount can really seem shocking: "A thousand dollars? I lost a thousand dollars?!"If you want to play at a higher level, I think you need to try to figure out what the "some reason" is. Try some introspection. What is it about losing $30 that makes you so uncomfortable? Could it be related to any losses you sustained in the past, perhaps outside of the world of poker?Sorry if this sounds like armchair psychiatry, but it's probably something you'll have to do eventually.

You started with $35 and are up to $700. Which means you're beating the hell out of whatever game you played thus far. Why move up? Moving up is not a requirement... Don't know the time frame this happened but you're up 2000%, so if you still have FUN at that level why not just keep going?I won a LOT (over 12K) in multi tourneys, move up and lost 8K... :D)Why fix it if it's...gl

Play what you feel comfortable with. You doing well at the level your at. You will know and feel when the time is right. Btw i just saw stallone on Leno yesterday he said something very smart . he said something on the lines of . "Break it if its fixed" Meaning in order to get through a phase in life youhave to break something to get there. Every successful person who had to overcome an obstacle had to break their current state.

I'm with Smash on the "play more hands" bit, but you need to be on an even keel for that to apply. If it's affecting your decision-making, it might not be good to continue.Look, it happens. You MUST learn to take swings and maintain your A game, and the swings will only go up as your edges get smaller and the stakes get bigger.

You have to learn how to overcome the fear of losing money. I play the 1/2$ tables and big swings down on 100$ is not uncommon. I gotover the fear by playing a day on 3$ tables. Then when I moved backdown to 2$ tables the blinds and bet didn't seem so big anymore.fearless is the keymercyflush