The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure as hell won't live it down by screwing up another common phrase.
Oh.....crap. :club:
Heh, glad I could add something to the thread.
Good god what is that in your avatar? :club::D:D:D
You sure as hell won't live it down by screwing up another common phrase.Nice sig, Turd.Erik, your post on the first page was very nicely done. I didn't read any of the pages after that...
dang man, that you missed my first posts in MONTHS
--The way Hanguk's post about 'scene girls' was closed because 'Daniel wouldn't approve'. It wasn't offensive--even to scene girls.
what you guys don't realize is that i got warned for that post. i found that pretty pathetic. after that one, i pm'ed custom with a link to a old beans post that did a little stereotyping of a minority in itself (no offense beans :D ) and basically got the runaround from custom that it was a completely different scenario. :club: i'll post more details later, but i need to sleep for now. but i just wanted to let you know that i am starting to wonder about the mods myself.
I blame everything on KdawgKenneth.
Where have you been, Whale?

There are a couple of things others have brought up that I would like to comment on:I am a Charter Member and although I have been here since the site opened I realize that my post count is no where near the Veteran's count. However I have always heard that the reason we have two ears and one month, is a good indication that we should listen twice as much as we talk. I have enjoyed reading the forums even though I didn't have a lot to say.Post are not as good as previous -- not sure what you are referring to here. I remember a lot of flaming going on all the time. People would ask a simple question and other members would tear them apart. I can't say that I miss that a whole lot.Daniel is interested in selling product: I remember several threads telling Daniel that they would love to buy shirts, hats etc with the FCP Logo if he would make them available. So he came out with a line of products.Daniel is exploiting the membership by starting the Poker Skin: As I remember the forum concensus last fall, most everyone thought it would be a GREAT idea for Daniel to open his own Pokersite so the members could have special privileges.Daniel makes promises he doesn't keep: He does say that he is going to do things sometimes and then doesn't seem to follow through. I think part of the problem with this is that he wants to do things for people (he is genuinely a people person), and then he gets too busy to follow through. He does have a lot going on, but he also tries to stay in touch with his fan through the forum.I think that Daniel and the Mods are trying to keep the forum cleaned up and that by catagorizing the forum making it easier for people to get to the topics that interest them. Before everything was mixed together and you would have to wade through stuff that was of no concern to you at all.I know that Daniel wants this to be an interesting site. One that people enjoy coming to each day. But he cannot control what others do or do not write, other than keeping inappropriate materal off the site. I, for one, appreciate the effort that he has made to accomplish this.

Daniel personally called me on my cell to discuss the Protoge tourney- we talked for ten minutes or so and I got the feeling that he has a good idea of what is going on, he was aware of a particular thread where Matt and I were going back and forth on a religous topic. None of the Mods have ever done anything to me, I guess I just don't make waves to the point where they feel they have to act. I willl say this- I think that basically the establishment as it were just ensures that this is not a place where you can just do as you please with no reprecussions or reaction- that being said, it does take away from some of the fun. As far as Daniels involvement in strat, check out Harmons site, Arieh, any of his buddies- he is alot more involved than any of them by far. I do think that at times he probably bit off a little more than he could chew- who doesn't? I do it all of the time- my life is constant catch up. I guess overall I would have to say that FCP works for me- it's just a site that I hang out a little at. No reason to get worked up.

The only contribution you've ever made is to start the FCP Daycare--The Hideout--to keep an eye on all the adolescent boys.
I've been pretty respectful of everyone in the Hideout thread--despite all that--in all reality. That being said, I couldn't give two shits about the Hideout thread. Do I think it's silly? Quite obviously. Do I like a lot of the posters there? Yes.
DDIDM, or Erik, if I may so call you...Let me preface this by saying that you have always been one of my favorite posters here. I've said on multiple occasions that you were one of the posters I looked up to a lot when I first started posting here. I've never had a problem with you, and I'm happy about that.I just don't understand your statments about the hideout from time to time. It just seems like you go back and forth between calling it all of the trendy names that people call it (little kids, post count padders, immature, etc etc) and saying that you like its posters. I understand that most of the time, when you or anyone else for that matter, flame the hideout, its usually in a conversation with someone who you are disagreeing/arguing with, and therefor is more directed at them then the group as a whole. I know I've stuck up for the group before, but I might as well do it again.Alot of the things that everyone loves to complain about are really only representative of a very small percentage of our posters. In reality, there are 2 posters there who are under 18, and there were only 2 or 3 active posters in the ex-OT stickies. The rest of us do exactly what every one else does in OT. Shoot the shit and hang out. I know you're familiar with logan and ant, since they both post/lurk the army often. I'm more of a lurker, because of the fact that I'm only really familiar with certain members, but I have no problem with you guys, and will always stick up for you guys when hideout regulars, or anyone else for that matter bashes you.I started rambling and completely threw myself off track. But I guess what I was meaning to say was that we aren't all that bad. I think you know that, but it's just easier to call us all the names that everyone loves to call us. In reality, the posters that you like are the most representative of the group. not the ones you hate on.-CW (Jeff)

I think the main reason me and Erik are dissipointed is because of what it could have been and now we now it wontits kinda like when your 25 and have a job and just wish you could go back to your college days and have fun all the time, you know it wont happen but you can still ***** and whine about it

DDIDM, or Erik, if I may so call you...Let me preface this by saying that you have always been one of my favorite posters here. I've said on multiple occasions that you were one of the posters I looked up to a lot when I first started posting here. I've never had a problem with you, and I'm happy about that.I just don't understand your statments about the hideout from time to time. It just seems like you go back and forth between calling it all of the trendy names that people call it (little kids, post count padders, immature, etc etc) and saying that you like its posters. I understand that most of the time, when you or anyone else for that matter, flame the hideout, its usually in a conversation with someone who you are disagreeing/arguing with, and therefor is more directed at them then the group as a whole. I know I've stuck up for the group before, but I might as well do it again.Alot of the things that everyone loves to complain about are really only representative of a very small percentage of our posters. In reality, there are 2 posters there who are under 18, and there were only 2 or 3 active posters in the ex-OT stickies. The rest of us do exactly what every one else does in OT. Shoot the shit and hang out. I know you're familiar with logan and ant, since they both post/lurk the army often. I'm more of a lurker, because of the fact that I'm only really familiar with certain members, but I have no problem with you guys, and will always stick up for you guys when hideout regulars, or anyone else for that matter bashes you.I started rambling and completely threw myself off track. But I guess what I was meaning to say was that we aren't all that bad. I think you know that, but it's just easier to call us all the names that everyone loves to call us. In reality, the posters that you like are the most representative of the group. not the ones you hate on.-CW (Jeff)
Well said, dubb, although I would have to say that we all are representatives of the Hideout, whether or not someone hates on us.

> The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread", or is it just me?????Meh?... I think it's just you.This ain't old school anymore, and it's not what it was pre-FCP poker, that's for sure.But it still has it's merits and I still find it wildly entertaining at times.For instance, When/Where else were you ever going to get the chance to play Daniel for real money? Everything is cyclical.

> The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread", or is it just me?????Meh?... I think it's just you.This ain't old school anymore, and it's not what it was pre-FCP poker, that's for sure.But it still has it's merits and I still find it wildly entertaining at times.For instance, When/Where else were you ever going to get the chance to play Daniel for real money? Everything is cyclical.
I see it the same way - this forum is still awesome in my book. Sure, it could be better but Daniel's a busy guy with a wife, his poker career and many business deals on the side. Wait until he has a kid and see what happens to his limited free time..I don't mind these threads though - always some good well thought out ideas for improving the forum. I do wish that DN would spend more time in Strat like other posters have mentioned but I understand the time constraints.However, if there's another poker forum out there that does more for its members, I haven't found it.

Meh, I agree, fcp is just straight boring lately. i'll check in usually once a day and rarely see an interesting thread. I still really like a few people who post here, and most people are nice to me, so i'ts cool to hang out with the people i like, but besides that it's just the same **** over and over again. And for the lvoe of god people quit making got hit by a bus jokes, they are so old and gay.

FWIW, I have no problem with the Hideout. I just don't fit in there. /shrug
cause you're gay :D (well, semi gay, I just needed to bust out a garden state quote :club: )

This is the first time I've been on FCP in like 2 months. The forum has been in decline for about a year, but the overmoderation killed it. If you treat your posters like children, the adults leave, and you wind up with children on your site. Children who hang out with 30 year old losers in "the_hideout"- but that's another story. Maybe I'm being too hard on the new mods, I dunno. They were added when Daniel started pimping the forum to the entire online poker world, so it was probably the combination of the two.

This is the first time I've been on FCP in like 2 months. The forum has been in decline for about a year, but the overmoderation killed it. If you treat your posters like children, the adults leave, and you wind up with children on your site. Children who hang out with 30 year old losers in "the_hideout"- but that's another story. Maybe I'm being too hard on the new mods, I dunno. They were added when Daniel started pimping the forum to the entire online poker world, so it was probably the combination of the two.
Your trolling has been missed.. sincerely.