The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I've been on FCP in like 2 months. The forum has been in decline for about a year, but the overmoderation killed it. If you treat your posters like children, the adults leave, and you wind up with children on your site. Children who hang out with 30 year old losers in "the_hideout"- but that's another story. Maybe I'm being too hard on the new mods, I dunno. They were added when Daniel started pimping the forum to the entire online poker world, so it was probably the combination of the two.
If you don't like it, leave again. Really. Sure, there is overmoderation, but more people started joining when FCP went live. The ages in the Hideout range, and there's also the army thread. Really. You havn't been here to see any changes.
despite his unpositive attitude, he is not a troll. hes been posting here for a year longer than you so he has a right to be making the observations that he wrote.
And Dr. Mario was formarly known as xMarshalx. His older name was lost when the forum changed. He's been posting just as long as sum.

I was just pointing out that I know SuM was not a troll when he started posting.. but from about late summer to the time he stopped posting, his unpositive attitude did turn into trolling and personal attacks on people..I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said Don.. I've always liked you as a poster.

I was just pointing out that I know SuM was not a troll when he started posting.. but from about late summer to the time he stopped posting, his unpositive attitude did turn into trolling and personal attacks on people..I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said Don.. I've always liked you as a poster.
dont worry about it. it just annoyed me when i saw someone who i thought was a noob saying that a long time poster was a troll. just a misunderstanding.
This is the first time I've been on FCP in like 2 months. The forum has been in decline for about a year, but the overmoderation killed it. If you treat your posters like children, the adults leave, and you wind up with children on your site. Children who hang out with 30 year old losers in "the_hideout"- but that's another story. Maybe I'm being too hard on the new mods, I dunno. They were added when Daniel started pimping the forum to the entire online poker world, so it was probably the combination of the two.
Feel free to leave again. You were not missed.
Daniel makes promises he doesn't keep: He does say that he is going to do things sometimes and then doesn't seem to follow through. I think part of the problem with this is that he wants to do things for people (he is genuinely a people person), and then he gets too busy to follow through. He does have a lot going on, but he also tries to stay in touch with his fan through the forum.I think that Daniel and the Mods are trying to keep the forum cleaned up and that by catagorizing the forum making it easier for people to get to the topics that interest them. Before everything was mixed together and you would have to wade through stuff that was of no concern to you at all.I know that Daniel wants this to be an interesting site. One that people enjoy coming to each day. But he cannot control what others do or do not write, other than keeping inappropriate materal off the site. I, for one, appreciate the effort that he has made to accomplish this.
I'd like to reiterate, that I don't think Daniel is a bad person. I know that he makes these promises with the best of intentions. I know that and I believe that's the truth. At the same time, that doesn't make it any less disappointing when it doesn't come to fruition, if that makes sense. As for this being a place that people enjoy coming to every day, well, I do, still. It's just that the things I really used to enjoy about this site are changing very much. From a pure poker standpoint, the discussion and the readership just aren't there. We don't attract enough 'pure poker posters' to get any real discussion on theory and what not going--and maybe that's not this site's intent. But, it could've been the best of both worlds--and still could, maybe--and that's why I've been frustrated with it. That, when I really dove head first into this site, and made a concerted effort to post more in strat--and revive that section--this place was full of possibilities. Right now, those possibilities seem far away. Good post, though, Weishan. I hope you realize that a lot of those comments were just made out of frustration for the current product.
DDIDM, or Erik, if I may so call you...In reality, the posters that you like are the most representative of the group. not the ones you hate on.-CW (Jeff)
I think that's probably fair, Jeff. You've always been one of my favorties, and it probably wasn't fair to hurl those insults at everyone, out of frustration with Golden.My apologies, man.
I think the main reason me and Erik are dissipointed is because of what it could have been and now we now it wontits kinda like when your 25 and have a job and just wish you could go back to your college days and have fun all the time, you know it wont happen but you can still ***** and whine about it
Ding, ding, ding. Exactly.
:club: yeah, I'm a troll because I disliked Teneight, and didn't hide it. I thought that anyone who was a part of his "OTC4life crew" deserved to be flamed for associating with a guy like teneight. So I flamed him. I flamed them. And look... a few months later it looks like I was right all along. Teneight was a ******. You guys hate him now.
I'd like to know what you're talking about...... I'd say that my entire time here I've flamed less than 10 people, and ~95% of my flame posts were directed towards the OTC4life crew. Which was in January or February, not the summer.
While I may agree with some of what you said, that's low, whether you're 14 or 40.
While I may agree with some of what you said, that's low, whether you're 14 or 40.
I agree. And he says he is not a troll.
I agree. And he says he is not a troll.
Sorry, Godfather...... just because I think you're a loser with few redeeming qualities (and I let you know it) doesn't make me a troll. I guess you missed the part at the end of old school where the 30 year old realizes that he's retarded for hanging out with teenagers (at least in the movie they were college kids) and gets a life. I lost respect for you when teneight was getting flamed pretty hard and you hid under a rock (considering he was your good friend at the time). Then when you torpedoed Redpill's forum after he made you a mod, it confirmed my suspicions of you being a worthless piece of crap.... much like teneight.But yeah, other than flaming people I dislike, I'd say i'm a pretty good guy.
Sorry, Godfather...... just because I think you're a loser with few redeeming qualities (and I let you know it) doesn't make me a troll. I guess you missed the part at the end of old school where the 30 year old realizes that he's retarded for hanging out with teenagers (at least in the movie they were college kids) and gets a life. I lost respect for you when teneight was getting flamed pretty hard and you hid under a rock (considering he was your good friend at the time). Then when you torpedoed Redpill's forum after he made you a mod, it confirmed my suspicions of you being a worthless piece of crap.... much like teneight.But yeah, other than flaming people I dislike, I'd say i'm a pretty good guy.
Teneight deserved everything he got, and so did the pill. And I guess since you're insulting me about my age, you're insulting everyone on this forum who is as old or older than me, of which there are plenty.Go back under your rock.
dont try and reason with golden, hes not quite of the intellect, ask DD
dont try and reason with golden, hes not quite of the intellect, ask DD
suicidedog.jpg

Alright Golden-I wasn't making fun of your age..... but whatever.Taking a shot at you for no reason (in my first post) was a real d0uchebag move on my part, so I apologize: Sorry. I know very little about you, so my opinion holds little water. And if you're having a good time, who gives a **** what I think anyway?

Alright Golden-I wasn't making fun of your age..... but whatever.Taking a shot at you for no reason (in my first post) was a real d0uchebag move on my part, so I apologize: Sorry. I know very little about you, so my opinion holds little water. And if you're having a good time, who gives a **** what I think anyway?
Apology accepted. And you make a good point that I sometimes forget. We are all here to have fun and not take things so seriously.
  • 1 year later...
I'm sorry ok? I thought "Particles in the Universe" was funny.
There have been 589 confirmed cases that FCP hasn't sucked. Do you think this number correlates with your post count, or is it just a coincidence?
I'm sorry ok? I thought "Particles in the Universe" was funny.
That was what...three weeks ago? That's like a year in forum time.We need at least one thread from you a week. But, that won't be enough. We need a good five or six other 'decent' threads from other members per week with at least three slightly amusing/somewhat interesting threads a day.