The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do number six with the pictures. Instant classic.
I'll download it when I get back to the house....Keep in mind though, it looks a little darker now than when she "cooked" itThe cutting torch blackened it a little more
I'll download it when I get back to the house....Keep in mind though, it looks a little darker now than when she "cooked" itThe cutting torch blackened it a little more
see, the thing about Beans is...I believe every word of this.
see, the thing about Beans is...I believe every word of this.
Believe it... Here's Zach standing guard to make sure its really dead before opening the oven100_0581.jpgHe's covering the dinner table as well...100_0580.jpg
I don't believe Daniel's goal of this forum was to have it like a 2+2 or Pocket Fives where generally all the discussion is about poker and how to play certain hands. When you read Daniel's articles, it's the same thing, he doesn't give lectures about how to play certain hands in certain positions and etc. Frankly, he never discusses strategy much at all, other than the real fundamental basics. His purpose for having this forum was to have a place for everybody to just talk about anything, having the odd hand or 2 be discussed. I believe he wanted this to just be a place where people would hangout and chill. Any time he puts towards his site is something that he chooses to do so on his own time. There's a ton of professional poker player's sites where that pro will post maybe 1 Q&A and that's the closest interaction you get. Daniel does a whole lot more for his site than any other professional poker player out there. He plays in the Negreanu Open, contributes bonus money to the prizepool for tournaments he plays, gives out free stuff for bounties, is hosting a HU League. These things take time and effort on his part and he does them because he wants to. I don't understand why anyone feels they're owed anything, you're posting here on your own free will. I'm sure all of us with something could be different about the forums, but it is what it is. Nobody gets exactly what they want. It's really a lose lose situation for Daniel, if he wants to do what all the veterans would want, it gives an elitist status to some members. If he caters to the newer members, then the veterans feel they're being overlooked. The talk about Daniel selling out is something I don't understand either. He had the opportunity to open his own skin of a Poker site and he did it, I don't see the problem with this. Perhaps what some of you don't like is that the site has grown into something different than what it once was. This is just the realities in this world, nothing stays the same. Daniel has done the best he can in making sure everyone gets a bit of what they want out of this site.
+1There's no membership fees to view the forums and Daniel's blog. If you feel like your time can be spent better elsewhere, then go somewhere else and just drop by from time to time. Some of you like DD may feel "cheated" in a way because Daniel promised some things he didn't deliver, like his One a Days, etc., but what other poker pro would even consider offering this kind of free insight? Daniel says he'll do some things that don't actually come to fruition not because he wants so suck you in and make money off you, but because he honestly wants to do it. He's not a shy guy and usually just says what's on his mind even if he sometimes says he'll do things that most likely won't get done, like FCP radio. He does it with good intentions though, to make this a better place for FCPers. And remember he might be the busiest poker player in the world with all of the things he's involved in, such as his articles, writing his book, doing commercial/film shoots, flying around the world for tournaments, and playing in cash games at Bellagio and tournaments occasionally on FCP. If he had all the time in the world I'm sure he would deliver on everything he promised, but he just doesn't, time isn't infinite man. I think he spends more than enough time on FCP, reading through posts, posting himself, and playing in the poker room. And if you don't like the way the forum looks now, go to some site that never changes.

K..I said I wouldn't reply again to this thread, but, I just want to say something. I don't think Daniel's a horrible person. I think he's a great guy, and I know he has a lot on his plate. At the same time, if you're unable to hold to things you've committed to doing, then just say so, and maybe explain why. "Sorry guys, I really just can't keep up with these One A Day's--try and get to 'em when I can. Thanks for being patient and understanding."..That's all that needs to be said.After the fifth time, with no explanation, I suppose I'm a bit frustrated.

K..I said I wouldn't reply again to this thread, but, I just want to say something. I don't think Daniel's a horrible person. I think he's a great guy, and I know he has a lot on his plate. At the same time, if you're unable to hold to things you've committed to doing, then just say so, and maybe explain why. "Sorry guys, I really just can't keep up with these One A Day's--try and get to 'em when I can. Thanks for being patient and understanding."..That's all that needs to be said.After the fifth time, with no explanation, I suppose I'm a bit frustrated.
Selfish. Period. You just don't get it, do you?And for the record, I would take any one of the guys in my "daycare" over 100 of you anyday.
You're not too bright. Good luck.
his whole trip with his faggot hideout crew or whatever he does might be the single gayest thing ever associated with Al Gore's internet

I'm very much confused about the hating on Golden. And how is the Army thread any different than any other thread? Don't make me post examples. lol.

I'm very much confused about the hating on Golden. And how is the Army thread any different than any other thread? Don't make me post examples. lol.
I have no idea what comparison you're trying to draw between the Army Thread and the Hideout. The discussion here has nothing to do with either. But, I digress.As for hating on Golden, well, that happens sometimes--especially when you try and give your two cents where one, it's not needed, two, it's not appreciated, and three, when you've done absolutely nothing to earn the respect of other posters.I've been pretty respectful of everyone in the Hideout thread--despite all that--in all reality. That being said, I couldn't give two shits about the Hideout thread. Do I think it's silly? Quite obviously. Do I like a lot of the posters there? Yes. Do I think Golden makes a ton of worthless, childish, posts just to bump his post count.? Yes. See the old stickied threads for your example. I don't know what the Army thread, or the Hideout thread, have to do with this, though. I just kinda rambled, I guess.
I have no idea what comparison you're trying to draw between the Army Thread and the Hideout. The discussion here has nothing to do with either. But, I digress.As for hating on Golden, well, that happens sometimes--especially when you try and give your two cents where one, it's not needed, two, it's not appreciated, and three, when you've done absolutely nothing to earn the respect of other posters.I've been pretty respectful of everyone in the Hideout thread--despite all that--in all reality. That being said, I couldn't give two shits about the Hideout thread. Do I think it's silly? Quite obviously. Do I like a lot of the posters there? Yes. Do I think Golden makes a ton of worthless, childish, posts just to bump his post count.? Yes. See the old stickied threads for your example. I don't know what the Army thread, or the Hideout thread, have to do with this, though. I just kinda rambled, I guess.
I was actually assuming, and by the looks of things, wrongly, that Longshanks was an army member as well as you, turd and everyone else that has been hating on Golden. I figured it was just a 'gang up on' thing going on. BTW, thanks for your kind words to me in the hideout yesterday... I didn't read it until just now.
As for hating on Golden, well, that happens sometimes--especially when you try and give your two cents where one, it's not needed, two, it's not appreciated, and three, when you've done absolutely nothing to earn the respect of other posters.
I would say I have the respect of quite a few posters. And seeing that the old stickied threads maybe had....5% of my total post count, you're argument is mute.
I would say I have the respect of quite a few posters. And seeing that the old stickied threads maybe had....5% of my total post count, you're argument is mute.
..you're wrong about both bolded points, by the way, I assure you.Good luck.BTW, it's 'moot', Mr. MENSA.
..you're wrong about both bolded points, by the way, I assure you.Good luck.BTW, it's 'moot', Mr. MENSA.
You assure me. Okay, you're super cool, pal. There's nothing like attempting to prove your superiority on an internet forum, is there? Congratulations.Moron.
I was actually assuming, and by the looks of things, wrongly, that Longshanks was an army member as well as you, turd and everyone else that has been hating on Golden. I figured it was just a 'gang up on' thing going on. BTW, thanks for your kind words to me in the hideout yesterday... I didn't read it until just now.
Golden and I have had our problems in the past, but those are basically history. Sometimes his post count padding gets on my nerves though.
Nice.
Golden and I have had our problems in the past, but those are basically history. Sometimes his post count padding gets on my nerves though. Nice.
I do agree with that, Turd, I have no problems with you.EDIT: I'll never live the "mute" thing down..... :sigh:
Actually, I was mistaken. After some quick research, I found that the total of my posts in the former stickied threads equal 6.5% of my total post count. How completely horrible of me. :club:
That's still about 500 posts. Just sayin...
What can I say? Pckts and I love to talk :club:
I do agree with that, Turd, I have no problems with you.EDIT: I'll never like the "mute" thing down..... :sigh:
You sure as hell won't live it down by screwing up another common phrase.Nice sig, Turd.Erik, your post on the first page was very nicely done. I didn't read any of the pages after that...