The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you really think that teneight and redpill deserved to stay around then I don't know what to say. Teneight was just asking to be gone for a long time, and finally the last straw happened. Redpill had been pretty much a worthless "contributor" and his banning resulted in his own spamming of the forum left and right and then his completely ignoring the mods asking him to stop repeatedly. Saying that because of them being gone the forum has gone downhill is very silly IMO. There are better reasons for people saying what they are saying and one of the best things that was done was teneight's banning. Also look at how redpill has been banned from every single board that he posted on, once is one thing, but a second time becomes a trend and so forthedit: I'd also like to address you having your friend reg here. I really didn't care what he did, but the premise behind it is rather dumb is it not. Just to mess with some people, um okay. DOn't you have something better to do then that. It just seems like a complete waste of time IMO and really wasn't all that funny
:icon_clap:First off, excellent post. This is exactly what I mod should be. Telling me that I'm an idiot in a nice way. NH KDawg.Second, I certainly did not mean to say anything even close to the fact that redpill and teneight not being here is why the forum is dying. My point was, from what I saw, the more they were harassed, especially by the mods, the worse things got. They were still responsible for being dumbasses though. So I agree with you. I was fairly new around the time when they were banned, so I don't have the full picture. But to me in my newbieness, it looked as if Redpill got banned for just being a general dumbass, not for breaking rules. Teneight was clearly breaking written rules at the end.Third, when my friend at work registered I didn't tell him what to post. At the time, I didn't say, "Piss these guys off", I just said, "Post in the army, and just see what happens. Seriously, post anything". I like several of the Army members, and I was in no way trying to be disrespectful or mean. I just don't think that Custom or any other mod, should be chasing away newbies. IMO. This is strickly a mod issue with me. Him saying that I was not following an unwritten rule is ridiculous. (Especially since it wasn't even me) If he himself is breaking WRITTEN rules left and right, he probably shouldn't threaten newbies with rules that are UNWRITTEN.again, thanks for your post Kdawg.
:icon_clap:First off, excellent post. This is exactly what I mod should be. Telling me that I'm an idiot in a nice way. NH KDawg.Second, I certainly did not mean to say anything even close to the fact that redpill and teneight not being here is why the forum is dying. My point was, from what I saw, the more they were harassed, especially by the mods, the worse things got. They were still responsible for being dumbasses though. So I agree with you. I was fairly new around the time when they were banned, so I don't have the full picture. But to me in my newbieness, it looked as if Redpill got banned for just being a general dumbass, not for breaking rules. Teneight was clearly breaking written rules at the end.Third, when my friend at work registered I didn't tell him what to post. At the time, I didn't say, "Piss these guys off", I just said, "Post in the army, and just see what happens. Seriously, post anything". I like several of the Army members, and I was in no way trying to be disrespectful or mean. I just don't think that Custom or any other mod, should be chasing away newbies. IMO. This is strickly a mod issue with me. Him saying that I was not following an unwritten rule is ridiculous. (Especially since it wasn't even me) If he himself is breaking WRITTEN rules left and right, he probably shouldn't threaten newbies with rules that are UNWRITTEN.again, thanks for your post Kdawg.
teneight was teh one who did the harrassing. He still thinks taht I had it out for him, but, what he doesn't realize is that I really couldn't care less about him overall. I don't really think about this forum when I'm not on, and teneight for whatever reason thinks that I am obsessed with with him which couldn't be further from the truth. RedPill's banning was partly with him being a dumbass and the rest having to do with him blatantly ignoring us asking him not to do things. That is not a winning combination for staying around here. On the old board, only 3 people could ban someone, and that was Daniel, Admin, and Gov. Now all of the mods can quasi ban posters by permanetly taking away their posting rights. So all of Redpill's and Teneight's hate for me is off base since I didn't personally have anything to do with their bannings. as far as your friend, I just took it as whatever. People will react in their own ways. I suggest that you take it up with custom about it because the whole thing bothers me not. Its hard to say how x person is supposed to act. I try to do things how I see them and some disagree some agree, but personally, anytime I flame someone, they deserve it. And anytime that I ban someone(under the new board) they deserve it. I know that you didn't explicitly say, "piss them off", but the underlying purpose of it was to annoy, which I kinda find silly. If he wanted to register here for his own reasons, cool, if not, then whatever. I'm not gonna say one way or the other about custom's reaction to it as it isn't my place to say a thing and it would be a lose/lose situation for me regardless if I supported what he did or don't support what he said.as far as the general tennent of this thread, I think that most of what has been said is constructive. I have my own opinions and what not, but it really doesn't matter. Many people have brought up valid points from both sides. I am monitoring this thread incase it breaks off from being productive. THere have been some useless flames and if it breaks out into a flame fest then I will shut this thread down as soon as I get around to it. lets keep it productive

This thread went beyond stupid in 'one hot minute'.

Thank you for verifying your horrendous ignorance.And my contribution to this forum goes far and beyond your selfish tirades.
The only contribution you've ever made is to start the FCP Daycare--The Hideout--to keep an eye on all the adolescent boys. You're worthless.
Then what the hell did I just slip on?
Edit; Loogie is a good guy. I'm drunk. Sorry.
Don't change this into "posting a quote" when your original statement was "flame the **** out of them." Your intentions may have not been against the rules, but they were against common decency. I don't really know any of the army members nor have I ever posted in there, that's not why I responded. I just wish everyone was a little more respectful of others. Of course, I wish society in general was more respectful, but that's just how I see it.
But, wait, this site doesn't have a juvenile feel, right?
Agree in part. To me it seems the "old school" posters dont like the "new school" that joins. They forget that at one point they were new to the forum as well & took a while to get the flow.
Not at all. Man, when Shake started posting, I took to him immediately. Why? Because he was smart, he was funny, he was respectful.If everyone were as courteous, friendly and funny as Shake, we'd never need threads like this. And Shake was a newbie before you were, if I'm not mistaken.Seriously? I'm done with this. I've made my points and so have a lot of other people. I'm all for the free exchange of ideas, but some of you are just fucking dense--anyone who happens to disagree with you is obviously just making some kind of malicious personal attack and wishes that you'd rot in hell. That, or, you're just dim. This thread has made me nauseated. I really thought the average poster on this site was bright enough to explain the reasoning behind why they say what they say--not just call people selfish and point fingers and kiss some ass.Sadly, I was wrong. I really wonder how some of you get by in day to day situations. If anyone wants to continue this, they can PM me or IM me. My MSN addy is on my profile, my PM is fairly obvious. I will not continue this here.I apologize to Hobbes, again, for taking some of the things you said the wrong way. Golden..heh..Good luck. Beans, please stay. KDawg, keep it real. The rest--Meh.
Read the posts again. Realize who I was talking to(Hobbes). Realize who opened their mouth for no apparent reason(Golden). Realize why I responded to them. Realize how little sense you made.
I'm not going to get caught up in this debate. I just wanted to point out that loogie was just makng a joke. Don't give him a hard time. He's one of the funniest guys that still posts here.
I'm not going to get caught up in this debate. I just wanted to point out that loogie was just makng a joke. Don't give him a hard time. He's one of the funniest guys that still posts here.
Fair enough.Drunken apologies, Loogie. I'm too wasted to realize the comedic value. Sorry, man.
This forum never used to die like this at night. Where the fuck is avsfan?
That's what I'm sayin', man. But, I should probably keep my drunk thoughts/posts to a minimum. But, for the reccord, Caleb--you've always been one of my favorites. I heart you (platonic).
That's what I'm sayin', man. But, I should probably keep my drunk thoughts/posts to a minimum. But, for the reccord, Caleb--you've always been one of my favorites. I heart you (extremely sexual).
FYPThanks. Right back atcha. P.S. If you want to hear my thougths on this subject you can check out the Called in Sick thread. I ranted in there somewhere around page 170.
FYPThanks. Right back atcha. P.S. If you want to hear my thougths on this subject you can check out the Called in Sick thread. I ranted in there somewhere around page 170.
We should kick it sometime via AIM or MSN. We'd get along swimmingly, I think. I'm much more likeable there than I am here. Night, brother. Take it easy...and if she's easy, take her twice. Oh snap!
We should kick it sometime via AIM or MSN. We'd get along swimmingly, I think. I'm much more likeable there than I am here. Night, brother. Take it easy...and if she's easy, take her twice. Oh snap!
I just signed up for MSN, but I can only get on from home. Anyhow, I'll talk to you later.
you too need to get a room...
but more importantly...I shall tell you of William Wallace. Historians from England will say I am a liar, but history is written by those who have hanged heroes. The king of Scotland had died without a son, and the king of England, a cruel pagan known as Edward the Longshanks...
Read the religion boards more.
I see this as a contradiction, because IMO this is a poker forum, and Daniel should be making more of a contribution to the poker strategy sections. There are probably many people other than Daniel who can make equally meaningful contributions to the religion forums. Nobody can make the type of contribution he could to the strategy forums.
Nobody can make the type of contribution he could to the strategy forums.
I'd say it's a fair bet that the last thing Daniel wants is his opponents getting an insight into his poker thought processes. Who knows how many pros scan these forums looking to pick up information, say nothing of the pros who are well-known to visit from time to time?
I'd say it's a fair bet that the last thing Daniel wants is his opponents getting an insight into his poker thought processes. Who knows how many pros scan these forums looking to pick up information, say nothing of the pros who are well-known to visit from time to time?
So he won't post because of this, but he will write strategic based articles for CardPlayer, write about specific strategy in his blog, and produce an instructional DVD explaining advanced strategies...
So he won't post because of this, but he will write strategic based articles for CardPlayer, write about specific strategy in his blog, and produce an instructional DVD explaining advanced strategies...
Yes, but in the articles aren't the same as Q&A where someone could really get specific insights into the way he plays the game. They're just rundowns and basic overviews. Who knows if what he's putting in the articles is even 100% (or even 50%) accurate anyway? For all we know (or anyone else knows) he could be playing the rope-a-dope by feeding his opponents false information about why he made a certain call or bet. I'm not saying he is, but if that's the case it's a pretty creative way to get an edge or mask a tell.
No one in the Army thread read MY intentions. They read a single quote from a puppet movie from a new member, and then Custom flamed the **** out of him.
not true, if you think that was flaming you need to grow thicker skin. you posted knowing knowing you were going to get a response, you got one. It really wasn't bad. Custom basically said it was a stupid post, and it was.
When you're a new person here, you have to gain respect. When I was a new poster, I tried to not piss off the regulars. You say reasonable, intelligent things. You actually add something to the discussion. You post hands in strat. Generally, you don't conduct yourself as a doucheclown. If you do those things, the "old schoolers" will take a liking to you. I don't spend as much time around the forums as I used to because, frankly, some of the new people are ridiculous. You conduct yourselves like douchebags and it doesn't make things very enjoyable.I don't know if this had a point. Man, I'm tired.
well said :club:
but more importantly...I shall tell you of William Wallace. Historians from England will say I am a liar, but history is written by those who have hanged heroes. The king of Scotland had died without a son, and the king of England, a cruel pagan known as Edward the Longshanks...
OH YOU DID NOT JUST THROW OUT SOME WILLIAM WALLACE FOLKLOREwallace the pagan donk!!where is nachos and cheese...
Yes, but in the articles aren't the same as Q&A where someone could really get specific insights into the way he plays the game. They're just rundowns and basic overviews. Who knows if what he's putting in the articles is even 100% (or even 50%) accurate anyway? For all we know (or anyone else knows) he could be playing the rope-a-dope by feeding his opponents false information about why he made a certain call or bet. I'm not saying he is, but if that's the case it's a pretty creative way to get an edge or mask a tell.
I don't think other pros are scouring the internet boards for hints to how Daniel plays. My impression of the forums was that it would be a place to get insight from DN, who does play different than basic strategy in many cases.

I don't believe Daniel's goal of this forum was to have it like a 2+2 or Pocket Fives where generally all the discussion is about poker and how to play certain hands. When you read Daniel's articles, it's the same thing, he doesn't give lectures about how to play certain hands in certain positions and etc. Frankly, he never discusses strategy much at all, other than the real fundamental basics. His purpose for having this forum was to have a place for everybody to just talk about anything, having the odd hand or 2 be discussed. I believe he wanted this to just be a place where people would hangout and chill. Any time he puts towards his site is something that he chooses to do so on his own time. There's a ton of professional poker player's sites where that pro will post maybe 1 Q&A and that's the closest interaction you get. Daniel does a whole lot more for his site than any other professional poker player out there. He plays in the Negreanu Open, contributes bonus money to the prizepool for tournaments he plays, gives out free stuff for bounties, is hosting a HU League. These things take time and effort on his part and he does them because he wants to. I don't understand why anyone feels they're owed anything, you're posting here on your own free will. I'm sure all of us with something could be different about the forums, but it is what it is. Nobody gets exactly what they want. It's really a lose lose situation for Daniel, if he wants to do what all the veterans would want, it gives an elitist status to some members. If he caters to the newer members, then the veterans feel they're being overlooked. The talk about Daniel selling out is something I don't understand either. He had the opportunity to open his own skin of a Poker site and he did it, I don't see the problem with this. Perhaps what some of you don't like is that the site has grown into something different than what it once was. This is just the realities in this world, nothing stays the same. Daniel has done the best he can in making sure everyone gets a bit of what they want out of this site.

I don't believe Daniel's goal of this forum was to have it like a 2+2 or Pocket Fives where generally all the discussion is about poker and how to play certain hands. When you read Daniel's articles, it's the same thing, he doesn't give lectures about how to play certain hands in certain positions and etc. Frankly, he never discusses strategy much at all, other than the real fundamental basics. His purpose for having this forum was to have a place for everybody to just talk about anything, having the odd hand or 2 be discussed. I believe he wanted this to just be a place where people would hangout and chill. Any time he puts towards his site is something that he chooses to do so on his own time. There's a ton of professional poker player's sites where that pro will post maybe 1 Q&A and that's the closest interaction you get. Daniel does a whole lot more for his site than any other professional poker player out there. He plays in the Negreanu Open, contributes bonus money to the prizepool for tournaments he plays, gives out free stuff for bounties, is hosting a HU League. These things take time and effort on his part and he does them because he wants to. I don't understand why anyone feels they're owed anything, you're posting here on your own free will. I'm sure all of us with something could be different about the forums, but it is what it is. Nobody gets exactly what they want. It's really a lose lose situation for Daniel, if he wants to do what all the veterans would want, it gives an elitist status to some members. If he caters to the newer members, then the veterans feel they're being overlooked. The talk about Daniel selling out is something I don't understand either. He had the opportunity to open his own skin of a Poker site and he did it, I don't see the problem with this. Perhaps what some of you don't like is that the site has grown into something different than what it once was. This is just the realities in this world, nothing stays the same. Daniel has done the best he can in making sure everyone gets a bit of what they want out of this site.
Quoted for Truth

Unreal...I've posted here for quite a while.... adding an endless amount of positive content like "Beans in AR", "Beans at the WSOP", "Beans goes for broke", "Beans watches as Annie Duke gets run over by a bus"... (ok that last one might have been a dream)But I've never gone 7 pages before....Who woulda thought that a serious post would attract this much attention?????Hmmmm....Ok...Heres a few ideas for my next one... 1) Beans overhauls a Lycoming 0-320 (aircraft engine)2) Beans designs and builds a civilian-legal firearms silencer on an ATF form 1 approval3) Beans demonstrates using a milling-machine using CNC programming4) Beans shows the proper methods of autorotation in an R-445) Beans discusses the differences between the Corvette LT1, LT4, and LT5 engine options between 1991-19966) Beans builds a birdbox from his wifes meatloafI can post about any of the above items.... I've done all of them in the last week or so (the meatloaf pic is on its way)Forgot who posted this... but it made me laugh"This thread has made me nauseated".... THATS what I like to hear!!!