The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread"

I respectfully disagree with DD and Zim. DN doesn't owe us anything. I like the sight just fine. Find a place you like and enjoy it. If you don't like the site, don't come on it. If you don't like the products he offers, don't buy them. It's that simple. IMO
you're the reason it started to suck lately, ron.come back baby!
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully disagree with DD and Zim. DN doesn't owe us anything. I like the site just fine. Find a place you like and enjoy it. If you don't like the site, don't come on it. If you don't like the products he offers, don't buy them. It's that simple. IMO
..FYP..I'll just reference my previous post about how I think that's bull. But, it is your opinion. You're entitled to it.
Yeah, this was place was awesome back in the day. I don't think we were used or whatever, I just think it grew and Daniel seeked out business ventures and wanted us to be a part of them in some way. I really don't have much to say, because I really don't have a problem with this place. All I care about is the music and now film threads. Hideout...meh.
Agreed.
Seriously though, I'd like to know what you're talking about here. Hold my hand and walk me through it...
Weird that you'd pick the least exciting or meaningful thing that I referenced, but, whatever. Some examples; --The way Hanguk's post about 'scene girls' was closed because 'Daniel wouldn't approve'. It wasn't offensive--even to scene girls. --The, 'Black People Thread' got closed--'White People Thread' got left open. --The way certain Mods will PM you if you tell someone, "Wow, that was an absolutely awful play," and tell you that you should "Try and be positive."--The way people were(are?) almost rewarded by a certain Mod for reporting violations of the swear filter. Are we not adults? Can we not handle these topics and criticisms? And better yet, can't we just delete offensive posts and let the thread move along on it's own without the offensive stuff? I know the average age on this site is probably lower than the average age in a B&M poker room, but, still. It's a bit much.
Weird that you'd pick the least exciting or meaningful thing that I referenced, but, whatever.
You say it a lot; I wanted to know what you were talking about and I already addressed the other points in your first post.
Some examples; --The way Hanguk's post about 'scene girls' was closed because 'Daniel wouldn't approve'. It wasn't offensive--even to scene girls. --The, 'Black People Thread' got closed--'White People Thread' got left open. --The way certain Mods will PM you if you tell someone, "Wow, that was an absolutely awful play," and tell you that you should "Try and be positive."--The way people were(are?) almost rewarded by a certain Mod for reporting violations of the swear filter. Are we not adults? Can we not handle these topics and criticisms? And better yet, can't we just delete offensive posts and let the thread move along on it's own without the offensive stuff? I know the average age on this site is probably lower than the average age in a B&M poker room, but, still. It's a bit much.
You're right, none of that is very meaningful.
Are we not adults? Can we not handle these topics and criticisms? And better yet, can't we just delete offensive posts and let the thread move along on it's own without the offensive stuff? I know the average age on this site is probably lower than the average age in a B&M poker room, but, still. It's a bit much.
Yeah I couldn't agree more. If theres an offensive post containing swearing then just delete it. Its not that big of a deal.
You're right, none of that is very meaningful.
I'm not getting into a pissing match with you. I've explained myself pretty clearly, I think. If you don't think this forum, as a whole, has a very juvenile feel for it, and a juvenile feel for the way it's moderated--well, that's your point of view.Obviously I enjoy this place--I do keep coming back. That doesn't mean there's no room for improvement or ways to make it better. That also doesn't mean I should just sit back and be content with this place. I've been posting at 2+2, RGP and so on way before I started here--and this place had the opportunity to be different and better. Sadly, it's not.Maybe you don't understand or care about the unrealized potential of this place, but I did, and I still do. Whether you agree with me or not, well, honestly, I could not care less.
I'm not getting into a pissing match with you. I've explained myself pretty clearly, I think. If you don't think this forum, as a whole, has a very juvenile feel for it, and a juvenile feel for the way it's moderated--well, that's your point of view.Obviously I enjoy this place--I do keep coming back. That doesn't mean there's no room for improvement or ways to make it better. That also doesn't mean I should just sit back and be content with this place. I've been posting at 2+2, RGP and so on way before I started here--and this place had the opportunity to be different and better. Sadly, it's not.Maybe you don't understand or care about the unrealized potential of this place, but I did, and I still do. Whether you agree with me or not, well, honestly, I could not care less.
I'm not trying to have a pissing match either, but come on, how can you get worked up over some of that stuff? You seem to care a lot about the poker content on here, yet you're complaining because the scene girls thread was taken down, or that the white people thread was left open. Who cares about that stuff?I'm not one of the people saying leave if you don't like it; I commend you on wanting to make this a better place. I probably don't care as much about the unrealized potential because I'm just here to mess around and have fun. You're right, you don't have to care what I think, but why are you posting if you don't care what others might think on the subject?

Daniel doesent owe us anything, PARTIALLY truethat would be like be telling DD, "hey I will give you $50 bucks later in the week" and then never giving him anything and acting as if it dident happentrue I dont OWE him anything but out of courtesy I should either owe up to my debt or give him an explanationDaniel sold outthe forums and the site, thats fine, just some of you need to get your nose out of his *** and realize that on November 1st or whenever the skin launched this site CLEARLY turned towars him making money and getting his name outits pretty obvious hes a wannabe celeb and this site has helped him, more power to him

I'm not trying to have a pissing match either, but come on, how can you get worked up over some of that stuff? You seem to care a lot about the poker content on here, yet you're complaining because the scene girls thread was taken down, or that the white people thread was left open. Who cares about that stuff?
Those are just examples, man. There's so much stuff about this place that makes it a bit too much like Junior High for my tastes.
I'm not one of the people saying leave if you don't like it; I commend you on wanting to make this a better place.
My mistake; Sorry.
I probably don't care as much about the unrealized potential because I'm just here to mess around and have fun.
I'm here to have fun, too, though. This place could be the best of both worlds. It's a fun site, but, there's next to zero poker content--and that's what bothers me. All those changes that DN promised, added poker content--they've just fallen through.
You're right, you don't have to care what I think, but why are you posting if you don't care what others might think on the subject?
Good point. I guess, I just really hope that someone will see my bitching--Daniel--and think, ya know what? He's right. We do need to get some more poker content working.
Daniel doesent owe us anything, PARTIALLY truethat would be like be telling DD, "hey I will give you $50 bucks later in the week" and then never giving him anything and acting as if it dident happentrue I dont OWE him anything but out of courtesy I should either owe up to my debt or give him an explanation
Ding.
--"Well, no one forces you to come here.." That might be the worst answer ever in regards to the state of this forum. No one forces me to go to the grocery store or the liquor store, but, I get annoyed if my tomatoes go bad quickly, or my beer is skunky. Absolutely worthless answer.A lot of people--and I'll include myself--have spent a lot of time trying to make this a better place. Offering strategy advice, indepth discussion about poker theory, poker politics, poker personalities, whatever. We're owed a little better.--We've been promised a lot of things by Daniel since this site opened--almost all of those promises have gone by the wayside. I don't care if big name pros don't post here, I go to 2+2 if I want to read Raymer's tournament theory. But, don't promise us that they will start posting here, and then never say another word about it.
No one forces you to come here is a perfectly fine answer. There are other forums out there. If you don't like your tomatoes at one store, you may choose another one to go to. If you don't like the forums, head on over to NWP or 2+2 or czpoker or cardplayer or any one of the bazillion other forums. Let those of us who enjoy the forum get through a day without a post trashing it.No one wants to hear people piss and moan about "broken promises". This is an internet forum, for christ's sake, and I think DN has gone out of his way to make it enjoyable.
No one forces you to come here is a perfectly fine answer. There are other forums out there. If you don't like your tomatoes at one store, you may choose another one to go to. If you don't like the forums, head on over to NWP or 2+2 or czpoker or cardplayer or any one of the bazillion other forums. Let those of us who enjoy the forum get through a day without a post trashing it.No one wants to hear people piss and moan about "broken promises". This is an internet forum, for christ's sake, and I think DN has gone out of his way to make it enjoyable.
And this coming from someone who's biggest contribution to these forums is raping the stickied threads in Off Topic to the point that Daniel even took them down--interesting concept, but, no.This is one thread that's 'trashing it'. And as far as I can tell, a lot of the replies have echoed the same sentiment--and been pretty fair about doing it.The intent of the thread is fairly obvious in it's title and subhead. So, to borrow a concept from you, if you don't want to read people bashing this forum, don't read this thread. Thanks.
And this coming from someone who's biggest contribution to these forums is raping the stickied threads in Off Topic to the point that Daniel even took them down--interesting concept, but, no.This is one thread that's 'trashing it'. And as far as I can tell, a lot of the replies have echoed the same sentiment--and been pretty fair about doing it.The intent of the thread is fairly obvious in it's title and subhead. So, to borrow a concept from you, if you don't want to read people bashing this forum, don't read this thread. Thanks.
zinnnnnnng
Funny how your retort has to start with a personal attack.I won't lower myself to scrutinizing your posting habits, even though you are way off about mine.Not reading this thread, is fine with me. It just amazes me that members of this forum can be so selfish.

WOW...I really caused a ruckusIt was a random thought that was triggered by 14 Coronas and the fact that I had read the same topics for 3 days straight...I apply the same strategy to the wifes cooking.... using the left-over meatloaf as a birdhouse was a hint not to prepare it anymore (pm for the recipe and blueprints....you'll need carbide tipped drill bits)I guess the fact that I'm bored with most everything just made me rant a little....The bums on Fremont are even starting to drink the last swallow of Coronas in the trash again... (I never thought the pee joke would fail me)I'm gonna try something different tonight guys....BARTENDER!!!!Modela please

Funny how your retort has to start with a personal attack.I won't lower myself to scrutinizing your posting habits, even though you are way off about mine.Not reading this thread, is fine with me. It just amazes me that members of this forum can be so selfish.
A personal attack? Come the fuck on. I'm sorry you're so injured as a human being because of what I said--nevermind the fact that it's amazingly true.My point was, and is, if you have offered absolutely nothing to this forum, then you have no room to tell me that I'm being selfish or that I'm out of line with the shit I've said in this thread.So, allow me to lower myself..Blow it out your ass, you pompous, hypocritical, self-righteous fuck. See, now that was a personal attack. Get it?
So, allow me to lower myself..Blow it out your ass, you pompous, hypocritical, self-righteous fuck.
Amusing use of irony.
it was just an observationEverybody just cool out.cool out.COOL OUT!!!!I'LL SMACK YOU IN THE MOUTH, I'M NEIL DIAMOND!!!
A personal attack? Come the fuck on. I'm sorry you're so injured as a human being because of what I said--nevermind the fact that it's amazingly true.My point was, and is, if you have offered absolutely nothing to this forum, then you have no room to tell me that I'm being selfish or that I'm out of line with the shit I've said in this thread.So, allow me to lower myself..Blow it out your ass, you pompous, hypocritical, self-righteous fuck. See, now that was a personal attack. Get it?
Thank you for verifying your horrendous ignorance.And my contribution to this forum goes far and beyond your selfish tirades.
Weird that you'd pick the least exciting or meaningful thing that I referenced, but, whatever. Some examples; --The way Hanguk's post about 'scene girls' was closed because 'Daniel wouldn't approve'. It wasn't offensive--even to scene girls. --The, 'Black People Thread' got closed--'White People Thread' got left open. --The way certain Mods will PM you if you tell someone, "Wow, that was an absolutely awful play," and tell you that you should "Try and be positive."--The way people were(are?) almost rewarded by a certain Mod for reporting violations of the swear filter. Are we not adults? Can we not handle these topics and criticisms? And better yet, can't we just delete offensive posts and let the thread move along on it's own without the offensive stuff? I know the average age on this site is probably lower than the average age in a B&M poker room, but, still. It's a bit much.
maybe i'm a little late, but thought i'd just say some thoughts.firstly, i've never been PM'ed by a mod, either for reporting someone, not being positive, or anything like that. only PMs i've got from there were in response to specific questions.doesn't seem like "hand-holding."your examples of "hand-holding" seem to be just removing potentially insulting material since this is a public, all-ages forum.while i realize that DN has "promised" certain things and not delivered, i don't consider something like the "one a days" to be an indefinite thing to count on. DN is obviously a very busy person, and i'm happy for any contributions he chooses to make.we differ in opinions, since i also don't think he "owes" us anything. your examples of the liquor store for instance, where they don't force you to go there, but you don't want skunky beer.the difference is you pay for non-skunky beer. you pay for good service. so if you get bad service, you have reason to be disappointed. at FCP we pay for nothing, and i think in return, deserve only the bare minimum of service. non-crazy mods, and a consistently available, free forum meets those requirements for me.

DrawingDead I agree with a lot of the things you've said (even though I was too late joining the site to be part of the original gang).But I wanna point out that Daniel has 21 posts since Saturday. He is a pretty regular poster, despite blowing off some of the promised poker threads.