The "fcp Is Really Starting To Suck Lately Thread"

Whats the deal guys?Is it me?Or has this place turned into a funeral home?I admit that I've been drinking more than usual tonight... but I just dont have much fun here anymore....Why???(burp)If youve noticed the same thing.... please post your thoughts as to why...Foreigners buying the place and milking money out of it????High gas prices????The fact that beans dont have the "pootin" power that they once did???? (This one may just be me)Better things to see on TV????Not enough "loose" women (ok...wrong thread)I REALLY have to strain here lately to make a wisecrack....I'm readin the Army for Gods sake...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beans, I know exactly what you're saying. I can't remember the last time I say a recognizable (sp?) name post something. General sucks more that usual, Off-Topic even sucks balls. I've actually been reading more of NWP than I have here, when normally I never go there.

Beans, I know exactly what you're saying. I can't remember the last time I say a recognizable (sp?) name post something. General sucks more that usual, Off-Topic even sucks balls. I've actually been reading more of NWP than I have here, when normally I never go there.
taa dah!!! im here!!seriously though its why I left almost 2 months agonell if you are reading NWP then surely you recognize me

I might have found a new home guys....Not quite as laid-back over there... but almost as funny AR-15 • M16 - Full Auto (Page 1) New Topic Discussion Forum Information 2893 Users Are Currently Online There are 340 Team Members, 612 Members, and 1941 Guests You are logged in as: beans-n-icewater

I think people just got tired of it. This place is really only good for two things, any more. 1. Poker Gossip.2. Hanging out. ..a lot of the good posters just out grew it, per se. There's better places for strategy. You get to know people outside of the forums (AIM, MSN) and don't need to converse through the forum. This place is, in a lot of ways, very childish and very censored.The feel-good, hand-holding, everyone being friends, thing, is really old. The Mods have pretty well alienated themselves, for one reason or another. This forum really just caters to the 15-24 range. Everyone else who's here has a niche--Strat, Army, Hideout and so on. So many people left because this place tried to be so much of what we hated--a commercialized, sad, affront to the user. We weren't part of the forums, at a certain point, as much as we were a part of a marketing plan--kinda makes ya feel dirty, you know?As much as I respect Daniel as a poker player, this forum just fell on it's face. It had all the potential to be something very, very good. High limit players, lots of young and up and coming mid-limit players, people eager to learn. We were promised a daily strat post from Daniel. We were promsied 'Who Made The Play' columns. We were promised other succesful pros posting in the strat sections--each lasted for a week or two if it came to fruition at all. Just gets old. The things that made this site worth coming to--the regular posters, who have since jetted--and the death of the idea that we'd be blessed with all of these million-dollar pro's posting at our site--it's over. This place has become so much of what Daniel wanted, and not what the poker community needed. That's fine, it's his site, but, I'm not convinced that we weren't somehow exploited because of it. /rant

I think people just got tired of it. This place is really only good for two things, any more. 1. Poker Gossip.2. Hanging out. ..a lot of the good posters just out grew it, per se. There's better places for strategy. You get to know people outside of the forums (AIM, MSN) and don't need to converse through the forum. This place is, in a lot of ways, very childish and very censored.The feel-good, hand-holding, everyone being friends, thing, is really old. The Mods have pretty well alienated themselves, for one reason or another. This forum really just caters to the 15-24 range. Everyone else who's here has a niche--Strat, Army, Hideout and so on. So many people left because this place tried to be so much of what we hated--a commercialized, sad, affront to the user. We weren't part of the forums, at a certain point, as much as we were a part of a marketing plan--kinda makes ya feel dirty, you know?As much as I respect Daniel as a poker player, this forum just fell on it's face. It had all the potential to be something very, very good. High limit players, lots of young and up and coming mid-limit players, people eager to learn. We were promised a daily strat post from Daniel. We were promsied 'Who Made The Play' columns. We were promised other succesful pros posting in the strat sections--each lasted for a week or two if it came to fruition at all. Just gets old. The things that made this site worth coming to--the regular posters, who have since jetted--and the death of the idea that we'd be blessed with all of these million-dollar pro's posting at our site--it's over. This place has become so much of what Daniel wanted, and not what the poker community needed. That's fine, it's his site, but, I'm not convinced that we weren't somehow exploited because of it. /rant
I do agree with the fact this forum has fallen on its face and we were exploited for the money making idealsonce the FCP poker site was announced I knew it was all over, every poster on here seems to be 16 years old and us old posters have been pushed out, which is fine, its their forum and their moneywww.donkstrike.comweather or not daniel sold out is fairly obvious, I liked him alot more before this whole FCP skin and him selling the site, he literally sold outand yes the touchy feely crap is retarded, mods=gay here
You are a very bright young man Erik.... I'm impressed as alwaysThe time I spent around here used to be a lot of fun, but truthfully I probably wont be around much more... Summer is getting closer and Colorado is calling. I spend a lot of time there fishing and hiking, usually too tired to stay up late anyway.DN made his decision based on what was best for him.... he didnt owe us anything to start with I guess. The final straw for me was the FCPinfo advertisments. Kinda like pop-ups but you cant get rid of em....I hate to say it but "Poker Mountain" comes to mind....I'll end my drunken thoughts with this guys... It's a motto of mine that is applicable to anything in life"There are two things in life that keep you from greatness... FEAR and LACK of CONFIDENCE"Lay low guys....
taa dah!!! im here!!seriously though its why I left almost 2 months agonell if you are reading NWP then surely you recognize me
yes I recognize you, not only from NWP but from when you posted a lot here on FCP. I enjoy reading NWP as theres some pretty funny **** there on a regular basis. I would join and post, but don't think I would really fit in, as it seems like a pretty tight community.When I first joined here I really enjoyed the sense of "family" that I saw in the regular posters and wanted to be a part of it. I never really assimilated, and now that that sense of family is gone, even though I was never directly a part of it, I may look elsewhere for a place to kill my boredom.
yes I recognize you, not only from NWP but from when you posted a lot here on FCP. I enjoy reading NWP as theres some pretty funny **** there on a regular basis. I would join and post, but don't think I would really fit in, as it seems like a pretty tight community.When I first joined here I really enjoyed the sense of "family" that I saw in the regular posters and wanted to be a part of it. I never really assimilated, and now that that sense of family is gone, even though I was never directly a part of it, I may look elsewhere for a place to kill my boredom.
if you join NWP you will get flamed for being a noob and harshly dealt with, just post and take your licks, its worth it

not a personal jab at anyone, but the main problem i've noticed with the forum lately is all the regulars complaining about general, and the forum as a whole.the content is not quite as good as a few months ago, but i don't think the differences are large. nor do i think the regulars are criticisizing it in any constructive way, just whining about how general sucks.frankly, i don't think the content in general has gotten significantly worse recently, except it is missing some of the good discussion topics like sports, strategy, at-work complaining, etc that has found new homes.

The feel-good, hand-holding, everyone being friends, thing, is really old.
Whenever an FCP rant comes up you always talk about all the hand-holding that goes on in here. What exactly do you mean by that?
So many people left because this place tried to be so much of what we hated--a commercialized, sad, affront to the user. We weren't part of the forums, at a certain point, as much as we were a part of a marketing plan--kinda makes ya feel dirty, you know?
Not even the least bit dirty, but I wasn't here from the beginning. Do you think that Daniel used the forum community in particular to promote his site and make money? It seems to me like Daniel has great affection to how the forum grew and seems to really care about the people in here.
Just gets old. The things that made this site worth coming to--the regular posters, who have since jetted--and the death of the idea that we'd be blessed with all of these million-dollar pro's posting at our site--it's over. This place has become so much of what Daniel wanted, and not what the poker community needed. That's fine, it's his site, but, I'm not convinced that we weren't somehow exploited because of it.
How were we exploited? In what ways was he unfair to us? Should we have the final say in what happens here? If a CEO takes a company in a new direction because he believes it is best for the company, are the employees being exploited? I have no problem with the forum. General poker sucks, blah blah blah, whatever. I think it's fun in here. The great thing about off-topic is that there are just a bunch of people in here having fun with silly or weird stuff, occasionally talking about serious stuff, and just generally having a good time. If that's not what you want, that's fine, I mean it is just "off-topic."Maybe the strategy sections aren't filled with world class players, but that doesn't mean you can't learn from it. You don't have to listen to the advice of all who post there; just discussing hands and strategies is beneficial. I'm sorry that all the million-dollar pros aren't here to walk you through all of your poker problems.

I have no problem with the forum. I like how it has evolved. Sure, there is a lack of true poker content these days, but I think that the large majority of the members enjoy themselves.If you feel "exploited" (which is unbelievably false), or don't like what you see, there is no one forcing you to come here.

I have no problem with the forum. I like how it has evolved. Sure, there is a lack of true poker content these days, but I think that the large majority of the members enjoy themselves.If you feel "exploited" (which is unbelievably false), or don't like what you see, there is no one forcing you to come here.
QFT
It looks good to me.
you just joined today.and to really answer the question, i do think the forum is not what it used to be. i would attribute this to people like Smasharoo not posting anymore, and also the forums being split up too much. if it werent for the music discussions here i would probly be long gone.and the general poker forum has always sucked. but in a fun way.

I agree with Erik on many points. Many of you who are disagreeing with DrawingDead (and almost including him) weren't around when there were 2000 posters and only about 150-200 consistently posted. Daniel used the close community of posters as a springboard to push more products and grow these forums so that he could get commercial gain out of it with giving no benefit to the community who started it all. It started with the WSOP Fantasy Pool, then the Charter Member thing, then the poker site.Each step along the way has simply been a way for him to get noticed by more people, to get his face and name out there for marketing purposes. We keep hearing about how he will have many special benefits for the old community of people, but STACKED was supposed to be out last Christmas too. He simply has taken on too many projects for himself to handle, and do them to the fullest. Good luck to the Protege, your instruction might be "Here's a 10k roll kid, play tight-aggressive, good luck."As for the forums, again Daniel focused more on the business aspect of it than the poker aspect. He could've turned this into the premier strategy forum on the internet. Other forums have good players who post, but none of them have played in the Big Game. None of them have won multiple 10k buyin events. Very few of them have 10 years of experience playing high stakes cash games and tournaments live. Instead, the little time he spends on here is spent in general with 16 year old fanboys (I'm 17 FYI before you bring up the age issues :club: ) One more problem is that you can't be banned for simply being retarded. You can't get banned for making absolutely no contribution and just being an idiot. Ex: FoxwoodsPro. There are some good people here, and some good players, but Daniel had a great opportunity to turn this into something special, and instead he focused on using the forums as a marketing tool to gain his personal wealth. As much as this sounds like a rant, I don't blame Daniel for his decision. Who am I to say I wouldn't do the same thing in his position? Just being on this side of it makes me disappointed, as one of the "originals"OK, rant over.