Guess I'm beyond "Did I donk this?" posts, so could I have done better somewhere?Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (Real Money), #353,177,343Table Shreveport, 11 Apr 2006 6:12 PM ETSeat 1: LudaKrish ($68 in chips)Seat 2: NukeLaloosh1 ($139.05 in chips)Seat 3: Fish__Bot ($186 in chips)Seat 4: Royalsfan20 ($72 in chips)Seat 5: lars3999 ($200 in chips)Seat 7: tkl-maverick ($52 in chips)Seat 8: dostietj ($249.60 in chips)Seat 9: xDonkSlayerx ($131.20 in chips)Seat 10: lx22 ($26.70 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSRoyalsfan20 posts blind ($1), lars3999 posts blind ($2).PRE-FLOPtkl-maverick folds, dostietj folds, xDonkSlayerx bets $8, lx22 folds, LudaKrish folds, NukeLaloosh1 calls $8, Fish__Bot folds, Royalsfan20 folds, lars3999 folds.FLOP [board cards 10C,7S,7H ]xDonkSlayerx bets $13, NukeLaloosh1 calls $13.TURN [board cards 10C,7S,7H,AS ]xDonkSlayerx bets $20, NukeLaloosh1 calls $20.RIVER [board cards 10C,7S,7H,AS,6C ]xDonkSlayerx checks, NukeLaloosh1 checks.SHOWDOWNxDonkSlayerx shows [ KH,KC ]

Looks OK. However...1) I bet at least the pot on the flop, and if I have a read on this player as aggresive, I might check it to him if I know he'll pop the flop. But more than likely bet the flop.2) Don't like the turn play by you. Either A) check it (since you have no idea what kind of hand your opponent has because of the 1) Smallish bet on the flop and 2) Because he showed no aggression whatsoever in this pot ) or, B ) Bet more. I know you are afraid of the ace. But betting larger on the flop or by checking lets you find out where you are more so than betting the amount you did on the flop.Just my 2 Cents.

Looks OK. However...1) I bet at least the pot on the flop, and if I have a read on this player as aggresive, I might check it to him if I know he'll pop the flop. But more than likely bet the flop.2) Don't like the turn play by you. Either A) check it (since you have no idea what kind of hand your opponent has because of the 1) Smallish bet on the flop and 2) Because he showed no aggression whatsoever in this pot ) or, B ) Bet more. I know you are afraid of the ace. But betting larger on the flop or by checking lets you find out where you are more so than betting the amount you did on the flop.Just my 2 Cents.
So on your 2nd point, you would bet more on the turn, and fold if raised?

Bet a little bit more, approx. 1/2-2/3 of the pot, on the turn to signal strength. You don't want him thinking you're bluffing. The purpose of the turn bet, which is a must, is to find out if you're beat or not right then and there. If he calls, you know you're in trouble and must c/f river.

This is a fundamental problem though, one I still wrestle with even though I'm awesome (a little sw).If i'm the villain here, I KNOW that this guy that bet the flop did not improve his hand unless he had TP and then hit TK on the turn (I'm probably checking with AA or seriously underbetting to represent weakness). A10 is an unlikely hand for me to have as I put in a just-over-common raise from relatively early position. So, the question for the villain is, did I bet the flop with 2 overs and then hit my A on the turn, or was the A an overcard to my big pair?The villain didn't do himself any favors by not raising me on the flop; he should of done so to figure whether i was raising with AQ/AK or I had a higher pocket pair than he. So, with no more information than he had on the flop, his "decision" is made regardless of what I do, unless I induce a bluff by checking.So, isn't the villain going to do the same thing whether I bet 1/2 the pot or 2/3, or even the full pot?

So on your 2nd point, you would bet more on the turn, and fold if raised?
Im saying this... that it would not have to come down to the bet amount on the turn. It all comes to how you play the flop.I play the hand as follows. Bet at least the pot on the flop, if not over bet it. If he smooth calls, then he likely has a 10 or a 7. Then I am facing the dillemma of betting a large amount on the turn or checking. But I think the biggest problem with this hand is your flop play.