10 handed on bodog.UTG = Meh. mp1 = donk.mp2 = solidishmp3 = donk.CO = hero -- KhKsUTG limps, 2 folds, mp1 limps, mp2 raises, mp3 calls, I 3 bet, folds to UTG who calls, mp1 call, mp2 caps, mp3 calls, I call.POT 7h 3s 3h ($104)UTG and MP1 check, mp2 bets, mp3 raises, Hero 3 bets, UTG mucks, mp1 calls em' cold, mp2 caps. All call.TURN 8s ($184)mp1 checks, mp2 bets, mp3 calls, I call, mp1 calls.RIVER 9h ($224)mp1 and mp2 checks, mp3 bets, I call, mp1 calls and mp2 calls.--I obviously wasn't as found of my hand on the turn but I'm pretty sure this was misplayed.I was mainly scared of mp2 in this hand. I "thought" of raising the river to try and get him to simply fold a big hand, but I couldn't see him folding in a pot this big for just two bets. In no limit I might try this, but not in limit? The two donks in this hand were quite bad...but still...this kinda made me go :xxxxxDoes anyone play this the same, or dump on turn/riv?- Jordan

There's not too much to debate about this hand, it looks fine to me. The turn might be a raise if mp2 is the type to get overaggressive with JJ or QQ in this spot, but calling is fine too. The river call is ok too with the pot as big as it is. I don't see what the problem is with this hand.

I'm the same.You're probably pooched, but with those numbers you're gonna have to keep on truckin' getting 18:1 on that turn, methinks.Note to self: play 5/10 on Bodog. That is some sexy cold-calling.

I'm the same.You're probably pooched, but with those numbers you're gonna have to keep on truckin' getting 18:1 on that turn, methinks.Note to self: play 5/10 on Bodog. That is some sexy cold-calling.
Bodog has some of the poorest players I've ever seen. If the software, UI and game selection didn't suck so bad, I might play there.

do i sound silly if i advocate a raise/fold on the turn, and a check behind on the river if a 3/k doesn't fall? the only thing that would hurt us with this move is that we (might--he called 3 cold for fun before) knock out MP1, but since it seems like he's, like, totally on hearts, don't we want him to pay 2 cold on the turn to hit?and if someone goes 3 on this turn, we're drawing to 2 outs, and it seems like a safe fold that costs us the same as a call down. QQ or JJ can't 3-bet this turn if he's really solid, i don't think, unless we have some crazy image going right now.

Bodog has some of the poorest players I've ever seen. If the software, UI and game selection didn't suck so bad, I might play there.
bodog is primarily a nlhe site. plenty of nlhe for me.i only play lhe when i find soft games. which are nightly...- Jordan
do i sound silly if i advocate a raise/fold on the turn, and a check behind on the river if a 3/k doesn't fall? the only thing that would hurt us with this move is that we (might--he called 3 cold for fun before) knock out MP1, but since it seems like he's, like, totally on hearts, don't we want him to pay 2 cold on the turn to hit?and if someone goes 3 on this turn, we're drawing to 2 outs, and it seems like a safe fold that costs us the same as a call down. QQ or JJ can't 3-bet this turn if he's really solid, i don't think, unless we have some crazy image going right now.
I like this line.
Raising doesn't accomplish anything here.You'll get 3-bet by QQ/JJ and led into by AA on the river (You aren't folding riv if he bets are you?) way too much to offset the percent of a bet that you get from potential draws (we don't even know if they're drawing). If they all have made hands, they're calling the river anyway so raising for a free SD is totally pointless.On the turn it's time to get to SD, not risk paying an extra bet to AA or folding a humungous pot to QQ/JJ.
Raising doesn't accomplish anything here.You'll get 3-bet by QQ/JJ and led into by AA on the river (You aren't folding riv if he bets are you?) way too much to offset the percent of a bet that you get from potential draws (we don't even know if they're drawing). If they all have made hands, they're calling the river anyway so raising for a free SD is totally pointless.On the turn it's time to get to SD, not risk paying an extra bet to AA or folding a humungous pot to QQ/JJ.
villain caps the flop, then we turn raise him anyway, and you think QQ or JJ is going to 3bet? only hands that beat us are raising, methinks.

I'd think so too.But there are plenty of instances where you'll see them flip up something that makes no sense at all.Even if you KNOW you're toast though, you're getting correct odds to call the third bet to improve. If you raise and are 3bet, you can safely assume that with implied odds, you'll potentially be taking down a 30-35BB pot when you do improve. More than enough to justify calling the turn bet even if you KNOW you're beat.Folding the turn for one bet is aldfkja;lsdfja;lsdkfj;alsdkf.One could argue whether to raise/call or call down, but raise/folding is completely out of the question.And if you raise and get called on the turn all around and the river bricks, i think you need to bet. A non heart, non ace, non board pairing card (and ideally not a 6 or 9) is pretty brickly.

OK guys, I've been playing strictly NLHE the last few weeks so I am rusty on the percentages here (like I ever knew them). Why does nobody want to raise this turn? It doesn't accomplish anything? It certainly accomplishes something in getting value if you think you're good here. Plus there are 2 flush draws and a somewhat straight-threatened board. One of the donks could have a 3, 77, 88, or the solid mp2 could have AA. How often are we realistically not good here?

I'd think so too.But there are plenty of instances where you'll see them flip up something that makes no sense at all.Even if you KNOW you're toast though, you're getting correct odds to call the third bet to improve. If you raise and are 3bet, you can safely assume that with implied odds, you'll potentially be taking down a 30-35BB pot when you do improve. More than enough to justify calling the turn bet even if you KNOW you're beat.Folding the turn for one bet is aldfkja;lsdfja;lsdkfj;alsdkf.One could argue whether to raise/call or call down, but raise/folding is completely out of the question.And if you raise and get called on the turn all around and the river bricks, i think you need to bet. A non heart, non ace, non board pairing card (and ideally not a 6 or 9) is pretty brickly.
ha, you're right. i always forget that there are actually times that 2 outs are worth calling a turn bet for. i still don't think we should bet the river if we're just called on the turn, though. AA PROBABLY doesn't hit us back on the turn for 3, but it's a pretty likely holding considering reads and the way the hand played. in this spot, i'm content getting two in on the turn and checking the river behind.
ha, you're right. i always forget that there are actually times that 2 outs are worth calling a turn bet for. i still don't think we should bet the river if we're just called on the turn, though. AA PROBABLY doesn't hit us back on the turn for 3, but it's a pretty likely holding considering reads and the way the hand played. in this spot, i'm content getting two in on the turn and checking the river behind.
If the river bricks, AA is the only thing that beats us that doesnt 3bet the turn most likely. And if he has AA, we lose a bet. But even if he has AA _most_ of the time, we're still better off betting.You're getting value from all the other people involved in the hand too. Even if he has KK for a chop, checking misses out on value.Getting 30:1 (or more) on the river, people are probably going to call with any pair at all. And maybe even a busted ace high flush draw.If we thought that there was a good enough chance that he had AA based on preflop and flop action to not bet the river, we definitely shouldnt be raising the turn. Because once he calls the turn raise, we've only got more reason to believe that we're ahead.Also - people are getting correct odds to call for a 2 outter. Raising (and facing them with two cold) isnt a bad thing when they're drawing slim.
10 handed on bodog.UTG = Meh. mp1 = donk.mp2 = solidishmp3 = donk.CO = hero -- KhKsUTG limps, 2 folds, mp1 limps, mp2 raises, mp3 calls, I 3 bet, folds to UTG who calls, mp1 call, mp2 caps, mp3 calls, I call.POT 7h 3s 3h ($104)UTG and MP1 check, mp2 bets, mp3 raises, Hero 3 bets, UTG mucks, mp1 calls em' cold, mp2 caps. All call.TURN 8s ($184)mp1 checks, mp2 bets, mp3 calls, I call, mp1 calls.RIVER 9h ($224)mp1 and mp2 checks, mp3 bets, I call, mp1 calls and mp2 calls.--I obviously wasn't as found of my hand on the turn but I'm pretty sure this was misplayed.I was mainly scared of mp2 in this hand. I "thought" of raising the river to try and get him to simply fold a big hand, but I couldn't see him folding in a pot this big for just two bets. In no limit I might try this, but not in limit? The two donks in this hand were quite bad...but still...this kinda made me go :xxxxxDoes anyone play this the same, or dump on turn/riv?- Jordan
mp1 = 7s8cmp2 = AAmp3 = Kc7cme = KKgood bet on ther river mp3. Idiot.- Jordan

I would raise the turn. The only hand that MP2 could have that beats you is AA.

Does anyone play this the same, or dump on turn/riv?- Jordan
Raising the river would be a bad play (IMO). There is a huge pot built up, nobody is gonna fold to an extra bet on the river. I feel like you played the hand just about how I would. I find myself slowing down w/ an overpair when I think I'm beat, and amazingly they hold up more times than you think.I'm just curious if you lost to Ace3 or to some crappy flush.