Anyone Believe In The Black Cloud?

There's a guy who plays at my local card room who is EXTREMELY good at tournaments. He's almost always at the final table and has 2 first places and a 5th place in the last 3 tourneys.Anyway, this same guy plays in the 1/2 NLHE cash games after the tourneys. Since I've been playing with him, he seems to always lose everything he's won in the tourney. I've busted him twice myself for large pots. Just last Friday night he comes to the table after his 5th place tourney finish, buys in for the max $100, and within 4 hands this happens:Flop comes 8-6-6. He checks, other guy in the hand bets $30. Tourney guy raises to $100, other guy goes all-in prompting an instantaneous call from the tourney guy. They flip the cards over and tourney guy has pocket 8's, other guy has J-6 for trip 6's. Turn comes a 10, river comes the case 6.Of course, tourney guy says "Nice hand , man." then gets up, turns away from the table and yells "F*CK!" at the top of his lungs. He does this at least once every weekend. :)So he comes back to the table and one of the guys still sitting says "Man, you have the worst luck I've ever seen in cash games." He says "I know, I always lose to these tiny percentages, it's crazy. Well, anyway, I'm done. I don't even know why I play the cash games."So anyway, he was drinking his beer, so he was hanging out for a few minutes. Next thing I know he's sitting down again with another $100. First hand in, I limp in the small blind for $2 with 10c-4c. BB raises to $13, gets 2 callers before me. Now 13 is my lucky number and nobody had raised to it all night, I was sitting on about $200 in profit already, and with 2 other callers I figured "What the hell." Flop comes 4-4-K. I act first and bet $20. Only tourney guy calls. Turn comes a 2, I bet $50. He looks at me and says "You can't have a 4, can you?" Now I know I'm in great shape. So he sits there looking puzzled and finally just pushes all-in for the rest of his stack, which I immediately call. I turn over my hand and he says "What the f*ck?" He had K-Q. With no help on the river, he got up again and yelled "F*ck!" Now, this guy is sort of a friend of mine. We only know each other from the club, but I talk to him a lot when we're there. So he looks at me kind of smiling and says "How the hell do you call an $11 raise with that bullsh*t?" I laughed a little and told him it was only because of the raise amount. He wasn't pleased, but oh well.Now, I know damned well that I had no business being in that hand with an $11 raise, but like I said, it was my lucky number, I figured what the heck. So I got all the ribbing from the rest of the guys at the table for the rest of the night, but I thought to myself, man, that guy is just the most unlucky guy I've ever seen. He's always got a strong hand but ends up going all-in at precisely the wrong time to somebody who has him beat.Anyway, just wondering if you know of anyone like this (maybe yourself) and might want to share a story.Later!

Now 13 is my lucky number and nobody had raised to it all night, I was sitting on about $200 in profit already, and with 2 other callers I figured "What the hell."this thread is a jopke.if not, may this line have no mercy on your soul

(...)but I thought to myself, man, that guy is just the most unlucky guy I've ever seen. He's always got a strong hand but ends up going all-in at precisely the wrong time to somebody who has him beat.Anyway, just wondering if you know of anyone like this (maybe yourself) and might want to share a story.Later!
I'm the .25/.50 Version of that guy. I've wanted to kill people like you before for calling with stuff like that. Don't take it personnally, i hope we never meet :club:

People love flaming.Anyways. I don't believe in a "black cloud" - or that "God hates me so i lose at poker" - it's just short term bad luck, or good luck in your 104 hit.Whatever, happens.- Jordan

wow 10-4s? are you f ucking serious. I play poker because of fish like you out there. Keep playing, and keep thinking you are a good player, you luckbox!.you played it because it ws your lucky number...what a pathetic excuse. You don't see me playing 10-8s all the time, do you? hahahaha

The first hand was bad luck, but the second hand was bad play. That's the kind of stuff that makes having NL tournament players at a NL cash game so much fun. They'll push in their entire stack with K-Q on a board 4-4-K-2. What did he think he could beat? What did he think you were betting with? He just knew he had top pair and couldn't get away from it.

I don't believe in a "black cloud" - or that "God hates me so i lose at poker" - it's just short term bad luck, or good luck in your 104 hit.Whatever, happens.- Jordan
WHS (what he said)
this is from another thread and another poster who is much smarter than I:Implied Tilt Odds
:club: I really, really do use implied tilt odds while playing. Funny bc 'tis true.
dude, if you are mucking 104 preflop in cash games you are nothing but a donk, haven't you guys learned anything from high stakes poker
lmao at what it says below the donkey.- Jordan

To the OPs defense he was getting 4-1 pot odds so its not the worse call in the world but he did have bad position with bad cards. "Thats poker..."

To the OPs defense he was getting 4-1 pot odds so its not the worse call in the world but he did have bad position with bad cards. "Thats poker..."
If my calculations are correct, 13 from the BB, 13 from Limp/Caller A, 13 from Limp/Caller B, 2 from our SB limp = 41. 41-11 = 3.73-1If it was 4-1 I'd call. 3.73-1 is garbage. :the I'm Scoffing At You But Hope You Realize I'm Being Sarcastic Here Face:
If my calculations are correct, 13 from the BB, 13 from Limp/Caller A, 13 from Limp/Caller B, 2 from our SB limp = 41. 41-11 = 3.73-1If it was 4-1 I'd call. 3.73-1 is garbage. :the I'm Scoffing At You But Hope You Realize I'm Being Sarcastic Here Face:
PWNED!