Daniel At The Foxwoods Poker Classic

what if the river comes a blank, does daniel or anyone fold their set of 9s on a 10 7 5 9 x board? if the guy pushes all in on the river, then what...daniel folds? what would you have done?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what if the river comes a blank, does daniel or anyone fold their set of 9s on a 10 7 5 9 x board? if the guy pushes all in on the river, then what...daniel folds? what would you have done?
Just think if he would have won that hand!Btw, how long do you think it took him to get to the airport? :club: Next time D!
I know wat i wouldnt have done, complain about room service. Theses thing have a way of coming back to haunt.
there was a possibly str8, and he needed to "hit" a boat to win the hand...i just dont get the all in move with a set when the guy could have TT or a made str8, end of discussion.
3 hands to worry about, 1010, j 8, or 86...if ur going to play scared like that u might as well not show up.
Daniel,Karmas a *****, dont talk Sh1t about foxwoods...DONK DONK DONK
I love Foxwoods. Always have, always will. Having said that, the room service menu still sucks. This some how hurts your feelings? Ahhh, poor baby, you'll be alright. Speaking of bad etiquette, you might want to heed your own advice. Coming to my forum and calling me a donk is probably not the best way to make friends? Get my drift?
Eh..If the river comes a 6--like it did--I really doubt I go broke with a set of 9's on a T9765 board. But, check/folding the river with all that money in the pot is pretty awful, too..
the thing is, u have a perception of players as being weak so u dont think they "have it". I dont get how someone can push all their chips with trips when there is a str8 on the board....
He could have had 7-7 or 5-5, or even 8-8. Against a "weak" player it would have been easier to put him on a hand.
why push all in on the turn and not just call to save some chips in case it does not hit? i dont get it.
I moved all in because I thought I had the best hand. Besides, I had already planned on calling the river anyway, so why NOT re-raise the turn all in? If I just called I'd have 22,500 but there would already be 40,000 in the middle.

daniel, does randomizing your play(the whole not looking at your cards thing), encourage alot more action? and I noticed your standard raise is almost always 2.5 times the blind, is that to encourage loose action also, or is it more complicated than that? I'm pretty new to the whole "small ball" strategy and was wondering if you could share some of your thoughts...if you tell me to buy your DVD, I was going to anyway, give us a tease :club:

He could have had 7-7 or 5-5, or even 8-8. Against a "weak" player it would have been easier to put him on a hand. I moved all in because I thought I had the best hand. Besides, I had already planned on calling the river anyway, so why NOT re-raise the turn all in? If I just called I'd have 22,500 but there would already be 40,000 in the middle.
when he called your rereraise all in, did you have that bad feeling that he had one of those hands that had you beat? or were you a little surprised? Was your opponent a world class player?
there was no straight on the board
What?
why push all in on the turn and not just call to save some chips in case it does not hit? i dont get it.
Because they're gonna end up getting all their chips in the middle on the river. If DN just calls BB will just push the river and DN will call. I dont get this just call crap, he's going broke, all there is to it.
I love Foxwoods. Always have, always will. Having said that, the room service menu still sucks. This some how hurts your feelings? Ahhh, poor baby, you'll be alright. Speaking of bad etiquette, you might want to heed your own advice. Coming to my forum and calling me a donk is probably not the best way to make friends? Get my drift?
Dont worry DN, good showing. The user Foxwoodspro is what most forum goers have come to know as in laymans terms, a douchebag. Sounded like you were playing unreal, hope you have a bit more fortune at the next one. Thanks again for giving your fans the benefit of riding the journey with you with the HHS its an awesome priveledge for all of us.
If the hand isn't nothing across, 4 across, or paint, then I look at the cards. The only time I don't look is when I know that I might have one of the following hands:A-2A-32-3A-A9-99-1010-10J-QJ-KQ-KJ-JQ-QK-K I'd raise first in with most of these hands anyway, except for the A-2, A-3, 2-3 combos, but since the table is weak I added those. I also wouldn't normally raise with the 9-10's either.
I still need to get this? It sounds tactical. :club:
I don't know how you could fold a set of 9's here, especially after betting the turn which was followed by a big re-raise. Plus I'd imagine that Daniel wouldn't have much left if he did fold the set of 9's.
With board of 10c-7h-5d-9s, Daniel Negreanu bets $5,500. His opponent raises to $23,000 and Negreanu moves all in. His opponent calls the additional $12,500 and shows 8d-6d for the straight. Negreanu turns over 9h-9c and needs the board to pair. However, the river is the 6c and Negreanu has been eliminated from the tournament.
I am curious to know, Daniel.................how did the flop betting go? If I was in this hand, I *might* have been able to get away from this if the guy just smooth called a bet of 3/4ths of the pot, which is what I would do on this type of board with a pair of 9's, because one of the hands I would put him on would be the open ended possibility with 86.With that being said, it would be a incredibly tough laydown after the re-raise, in my view. You don't hit a set often, and the guy could have easily had A10 or J10, and you also have outs to win if you are wrong.Either way, I loved the input man. Was very cool to hear how you attacked such a weak table the way you did. Although I found this hand kind of ironic, because when I usually read the updates on Daniel when he's playing in tournaments, it's usually him hitting a straight with hands like the 8d6d, while his opponent has the set of 9's lol.

Better luck in the next tournament Daniel...seems like you were running pretty good at this one and if you had won the 99 hand you'd have been sitting pretty into day 2. I'll hopefully see you in a week at the Bellagio for the WPT championship. GL, play well.

Speaking of bad etiquette, you might want to heed your own advice. Coming to my forum and calling me a donk is probably not the best way to make friends? Get my drift?
Well said :D , thanks for the constant updates as well, it made my work day go a little faster :club:
Exactly my thoughts.